Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

questions on morale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> questions on morale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
questions on morale - 5/18/2001 6:21:00 PM   
nimu

is the message "morale is broken" wich appears in the grey screen the same of the old "broken" message that used to appear in the upper-right part of the screen?And what about "panic"?Does somebody knows something on these new features? And about the melee?when is it convenient(hope that's the right word :) )?

"out of ammo........God save the King"
Post #: 1
- 5/18/2001 6:56:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Urquhart: is the message "morale is broken" wich appears in the grey screen the same of the old "broken" message that used to appear in the upper-right part of the screen?And what about "panic"?Does somebody knows something on these new features? And about the melee?when is it convenient(hope that's the right word :) )?
After you see the "moral is broken" you will see the word "broken" in the grey screen. I haven't a clue about the "panic" in a resent game I say "Royal AC Panics" refering to the Royals Royce Armored Cars. I have also seen "crew panics". Melee is convenient when you are in the same hex as another unit, example a unit you fired on retreats into your hex, melee does more damage than firing at the unit.

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 2
- 5/18/2001 9:08:00 PM   
lnp4668

I rarely use melee since the chance for loss on your men is quite high. For example, if you fire at an enemy squad that retreat in to your hex, you could make it surrender without any loss to your men. However, if you melee, you could often lost up to 4 men.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 3
- 5/18/2001 11:32:00 PM   
Fabs

The use of melee is when you get into the same hex with a thoroughly suppressed enemy unit with three or four men. They are sometimes hard to kill by shooting them up, but if your unit is in good order and you melee, you can get rid of them after a couple of attempts with no losses to your men. At least i've managed it on more than one occasion.

Fabs

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 4
- 5/19/2001 1:27:00 AM   
lnp4668

The only problem is with FOW on, it is difficult to tell how many men is in a unit. Unless you have shows all icon on or able to remember how much loss that unit has.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to nimu)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> questions on morale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI