Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to fix missing regional bonus units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> How to fix missing regional bonus units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 3:22:14 AM   
lucr41

UPDATE:
This topic and a few other topics have been consolidated here.

===============
Problem:
It is not possible to receive regional bonus units from most Regions during the annual spring levee. Only the Kingdom of Naples seems to yield these units.

Cause:
The problem resides in the COG2Regions.txt file, which defines the provinces required for each Region. It appears this file was ported over from First Edition CoG as is, without being modified to take into account the many changes to provinces in the updated COGEE map.

Fix:
I have modified this file to correct these errors. I have attached a replacement file.

Some of my changes are open to debate as I tried to make the Region definitions historically accurate. Most regions historically had a starting set of territories, to which more was added over time. It is a bit difficult to draw a line for game purposes. My attempt was to define the Region with the historical starting set of provinces and leave it to the player to add more provinces, if desired.

Modifications:
- Duchy of Warsaw: removed Krakow (182) as a required province, and added Petrokov (259)
- Kingdom of Bavaria: removed Tyrolia (125) as a required province, and added Augsburg (235)
- Kingdom of Naples: added Abruzzi (231) as a required province
- Kingdom of Italy: removed Carniola (123) and Parma (210) as required provinces and added Romagna (229)
- Confederation of Rhine: removed Westphalia (140) as home province, and added Hesse (145)
- Confederation of Rhine: added Upper Palatinate (211), Munich (147), Augsburg (235), Nassau (233), Wurzburg (234) and Lusatia (257) as required provinces
- Kingdom of Serbia: added Serbia (203) as home province
- Kingdom of Serbia: added Belgrade (245) and Nish (100) as required provinces
- set regional bonus units for Kingdom of Serbia as 1 Infantry and 1 Irregular Cavalry

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lucr41 -- 5/6/2017 7:09:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 3:36:09 AM   
debtmars

Are these Kingdoms now created with the procedure as stated in the rules by electing Protectorate status? Many thanks.

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 2
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 3:56:27 AM   
debtmars

Just curious why you added Wurzburg and Lusatia to the Confederation of the Rhine and omitted Baden, Wurttemburg and Berg which are stated as required provinces in the rules? Thanks, again.

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 3
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 4:00:50 AM   
lucr41

Yes. In a previous game, I confirmed receiving regional bonus units during the spring levee for the Kingdom of Bavaria, the Kingdom of Italy and the Confederation of the Rhine.

You're very welcome.

I should have included this before, but here is a summary of the province definitions for the Regions in the attached file (the first entry is the home province):

Duchy of Warsaw
- Warsaw (185)
- Posen (132)
- Plotsk (183)
- Masovia (135)
- Petrokov (259)

Kingdom of Bavaria:
- Munich (147)
- Upper Palatinate (211)
- Augsberg (235)

Kingdom of Naples:
- Naples (161)
- Calabria (205)
- Sicily (162)
- Abruzzi (231)

Kingdom of Italy
- Lombardy (155)
- Venetia (124)
- Romagna (229)
- Modena (156)

Confederation of the Rhine
- Hesse (145)
- Upper Palatinate (211)
- Berg (143)
- Munich (147)
- Baden (151)
- Wurttemburg (152)
- Augsberg (235)
- Nassau (233)
- Wurzburg (234)
- Thuringia (146)
- Saxony (142)
- Lusatia (257)

Kingdom of Serbia:
- Serbia (203)
- Belgrade (245)
- Nish (100)

< Message edited by lucr41 -- 4/21/2017 7:43:52 PM >

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 4
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 4:05:56 AM   
debtmars

I can't thank you enough. I was getting demoralized with this obvious error.

I assume the game developers aren't around any more to create updates. This is a really good game. It just drives me crazy with these little technical glitches.

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 5
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 4:07:43 AM   
lucr41

I didn't have to add them. They were already in the original file. I just added the missing provinces.

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 6
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 4:08:30 AM   
debtmars

Any suggestions on how to add the Kingdom of Bavaria to the Rhine Confederation? Will each province drop its capital and Hesse remain when all provinces are made protectorates?

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 7
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 4:10:50 AM   
debtmars

Btw, I assume by substituting the original game file with your file that will provide the patch?

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 8
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/20/2017 7:52:34 PM   
lucr41

Yes. Replacing the original COG2Regions.txt file with the one attached to this thread, will correct the province definitions for the Regions.

You just need to find the folder corresponding to the scenario you are playing, or just update them all, as you may play a different scenario in the future and encounter this problem again.

This being said, you will need to modify your *.sve file a few times, as you conquer the provinces contained in these Regions. Some provinces will be attached to other small countries and will need that relationship severed:
- Berg/Kleves/Palatinate should be made independent from Bavaria (this is covered in my previous thread)
- Wurzburg should be made independent of Papacy (use same procedure as for Berg/Kleves/Palatinate)
- Romagna should be made independent of Papacy, as well

One thing to mention about Wurzburg, is that it is spelled "Wuerzburg" in the COG2Players.txt file, making it hard to find when looking for "Wurzburg" (found that the hard way). Therefore, in the *.sve file, change the owning player from 30 (Papacy) to 93 (Wuerzburg).

Regarding Romagna, there is no player for this province in the COG2Players.txt file. So, I make it part of Italia (which is just Modena province to start). Therefore, in the *.sve file, change the owning player from 30 (Papacy) to 23 (Italia).

-----------

Testing:

I loaded a previous saved game where I had conquered all the provinces required to create the Kingdom of Bavaria, the Confederation of the Rhine, the Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Naples.

Kingdom of Bavaria:
I started by making Berg/Kleves/Palatinate independent from Bavaria, by following the instructions of my previous thread (edited *.sve file). I created the protectorate of Bavaria, to achieve the Kingdom of Bavaria (with the 3 provinces listed in an above post in this thread). I then received bonus regional units for the Kingdom of Bavaria, on the following spring levee.

Confederation of the Rhine:
First, I started by making Wurzburg independent from Papacy (edited *.sve file). Second, I created the protectorate of Hesse. Third, I created the protectorates of Berg, Baden, Wurttemburg, Nassau, Wurzburg, Thuringia and Saxony (Saxony will also include Lusatia) and added them to Hesse. Note: I did not change anything with the Kingdom of Bavaria, after its creation above (it does not need to be added to Hesse). I then received bonus regional units for the Confederation of the Rhine, on the following spring levee.

Kingdom of Italy:
First, I started by transferring Romagna from Papacy, to Italia, as there is no Romagna player (edited *.sve file). Second, I created the protectorate of Lombardy. Third, I created the protectorates of Italia (which includes Modena and Romagna) and Veneto and added them to Lombardy. I then received bonus regional units for the Kingdom of Italy, on the following spring levee.

Kingdom of Naples:
This is the only easy one. I simply created the protectorate of Naples. I then received bonus regional units for the Kingdom of Naples, on the following spring levee.

If you want to try it out, I can email you the save file I used to test this.

------------------

I totally agree with you that this is a really good game and really enjoy playing it. This issue also upset me greatly, although this game is well built to allow user-created fixes.

As a side note, if you play the 1792 scenario, by default Napoleon and his buddies will never appear. This is a bummer, as I wondered about their absence the first time I played. There is a user called "Russian Guard" who created a "1792 All Generals Mod" which can be found in the "Mods and Scenarios" section.

< Message edited by lucr41 -- 4/21/2017 1:09:06 AM >

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 9
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/21/2017 2:16:32 AM   
debtmars

Thanks, again. This is great stuff. YEs, if you would post the file I would be most appreciative.

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 10
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 4/21/2017 2:34:53 AM   
lucr41

You're welcome. I PM'd you the saved files, as the forum only allows 1 attachment per thread.

(in reply to debtmars)
Post #: 11
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 5/5/2017 5:24:25 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: lucr41
Replacing the original COG2Regions.txt file with the one attached to this thread, will correct the province definitions for the Regions.

This all looks very interesting. I got COG:EE years ago but never got into it. Personally, I've preferred the scale and scope of Empires in Arms, but COG:EE always looked pretty good.

A suggestion would be for you to take this and the historical events fixes and other fixes you've been working on and put them all together in a single mod package. Then players can read about it and comment on it in one thread. I'd be interested in reinstalling the game again and trying it again with the fixes. Thanks.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to lucr41)
Post #: 12
RE: How to fix missing regional bonus units - 5/5/2017 7:19:04 PM   
lucr41

I, too, got COGEE (and COG) years ago and never played until last October. It's quite the learning curve, but well worth it.

I will post a thread in the "Mods and Scenarios" section, consolidating all the mods and fixes I use (not all are mine).

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> How to fix missing regional bonus units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI