Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/1/2017 2:22:22 AM   
ParachuteProne

Awesome ! Any chance of a video showing the cargo feature ?

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 31
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/1/2017 9:24:39 AM   
jun5896

Wow.. it's great news. Eagle and Dragon

Post #: 32
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/2/2017 1:20:33 PM   
ParachuteProne

Really anxious for this one to hit. Have another question. Will there be any tweaking to ground combat for this release or will that be saved for a later release ?

Thanks

(in reply to jun5896)
Post #: 33
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/2/2017 2:06:30 PM   
dox44

looks great!

will buy day 1

thanks!!

Post #: 34
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/2/2017 4:21:43 PM   
ultradave

drool.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Post #: 35
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/3/2017 8:42:33 AM   
tk208

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

I guess I'm a little disappointed to see new game engine features only available thru paid DLC, but I guess it was inevitable for business reasons.

True it'd be nice if it was all free but I think we can all agree that the constant updates and continuing support do represent great value, even with the occasional paid upgrade.

Spot on!

Post #: 36
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/3/2017 12:27:59 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: tk208

quote:

quote:

I guess I'm a little disappointed to see new game engine features only available thru paid DLC, but I guess it was inevitable for business reasons.

True it'd be nice if it was all free but I think we can all agree that the constant updates and continuing support do represent great value, even with the occasional paid upgrade.

Spot on!

Agreed. Think of how far Command has come from release and it's still moving forward!

BTW, I'm stoked to hear more about the aircraft damage model. Any info on this?

< Message edited by Primarchx -- 4/3/2017 12:53:42 PM >

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 37
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/4/2017 12:30:07 AM   
Kitchens Sink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: tk208

quote:

quote:

Spot on!

Agreed. Think of how far Command has come from release and it's still moving forward!

BTW, I'm stoked to hear more about the aircraft damage model. Any info on this?

Just for clarification, I was also a little disappointed when airlines stopped serving free food...but I still fly

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 38
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/4/2017 12:48:19 AM   
Primarchx

Sure 'nuff. I used to love the Kosher meals. You got your food before everyone else and it was usually a lot better than the standard airline drek. But 'vice president syndrome' struck and now some douche has an executive parking spot because he came up with another idea to cut costs. Luckily we've got Matrix and Command!

(in reply to Kitchens Sink)
Post #: 39
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/5/2017 2:33:25 AM   
temkc5

I am hoping Chains of War employs a greater degree of Network-Centric Warfare throught data link and communications

similar to Cooperative Engagement Capability already in game

Chains of War makes it sound like a no brainer but maybe not.

Non mihi, Non tibi, Sed nobis

Post #: 40
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/5/2017 11:08:51 AM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

- NEW! Advanced weapons for the new age of war. Tactical EMP weapons, railguns, high-energy lasers and more!

Railguns! Great. Very interesting and interest to play with DDG-1000.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 41
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/11/2017 4:58:58 AM   
magi

hurry now..... im still waiting......

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 42
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/12/2017 3:40:39 PM   
CrazyIvan101

Besides the new awesome Railguns and Lasers, will we see the introduction of planned/hypothetical platforms like the B-21, PCA/NGAD, Japanese F-3/5th Gen Fighter, etc? Any info on a release date would be highly appreciated too!

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 43
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/13/2017 10:40:49 AM   
butch4343

I’m chuffed that there’s a new update coming out for the game, I’m looking forward to the improvements it will bring to the main game. I wondered if I might pose a few questions to the developers. I ask these in a polite and respectful tone so here goes:

When?
So when can we expect to see chains of war? I know that things are fluid but I wonder if there’s a rough or planned release date, are we talking this month. This quarter? The later part of the year?

Price Point?
I wonder if the developers have a price point in mind, I understand that the developers have to make a profit in some way and as such the exact price may not be set, however is there a rough idea of what the price will be to the community, even something as vague as in £5-£10 or £20-40?

Is this the future?

CMNAO was created by enthusiasts who have become developers and they created a great game, however they have become developers with commercial pressures. I read the recent interview with one of the developers (I can’t recall the name or find the interview now) that seemed to hint that the focus would be on the pro side with the public version getting some of the developments of this. I wonder if CMNAO will move to a model where new functionality (Comms jamming ect) is paid for via DLC and perhaps additional units and fixes/patches are still provided free of charge? If this is not the case where do the devs see CMNAO going?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Kind Regards

(in reply to ParachuteProne)
Post #: 44
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/13/2017 11:56:35 AM   
Tamas

We are going to announce the release date soon! As for the price, we never announce that before the game is released, sorry!

On future content: we have been paying close attention to deliver what we feel is a proper balance between free and paid-for content, as you can see from the constant development of the game. We will continue to do so in the future as well.

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 45
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/13/2017 12:41:25 PM   
butch4343

Tamas

Thanks for the prompt reply, I look forward to the announcement

Regards

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 46
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/15/2017 3:44:22 PM   
Doctorwarthog

I am so looking forward to this. You guys rock.

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 47
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/16/2017 12:29:34 PM   
B52H

With the addition of cargo, will this expansion also feature downed pilots and CSAR?

(in reply to Doctorwarthog)
Post #: 48
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/16/2017 4:30:04 PM   
JPFisher55

I have a question about the new release with COW. I have noticed an option about affects of weather in the realism settings that has not been activated. Is this feature part of COW?

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 49
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/16/2017 8:44:58 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H
With the addition of cargo, will this expansion also feature downed pilots and CSAR?

No, but if you deem it important you can model it through Lua.

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 50
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/16/2017 8:47:10 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55
I have a question about the new release with COW. I have noticed an option about affects of weather in the realism settings that has not been activated. Is this feature part of COW?

You mean weather affecting air sorties (since weather already affects other things). It is not one of the new features of CoW, it will be included in a future release.

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 51
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/17/2017 4:33:08 PM   
magi

I'm still waiting.... hurry now.....

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 52
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/18/2017 4:10:37 AM   
temkc5

quote:

ORIGINAL: temkc5

I am hoping Chains of War employs a greater degree of Network-Centric Warfare throught data link and communications

similar to Cooperative Engagement Capability already in game

Chains of War makes it sound like a no brainer but maybe not.

Bless you guys and girls

My dreams have come true

Non mihi, Non tibi, Sed nobis

(in reply to temkc5)
Post #: 53
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/18/2017 2:12:56 PM   
Doctorwarthog

How deep will this go in the editor? Will I for example be able to mark a bunker as a local HQ, or a relay station, and leave an entire occupation force in the dark if destroyed? I have noticed there's communication hubs and relay stations in the database, but I guess those could be just cosmetic?

< Message edited by Doctorwarthog -- 4/18/2017 2:15:25 PM >

(in reply to temkc5)
Post #: 54
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/18/2017 4:19:24 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doctorwarthog

How deep will this go in the editor? Will I for example be able to mark a bunker as a local HQ, or a relay station, and leave an entire occupation force in the dark if destroyed? I have noticed there's communication hubs and relay stations in the database, but I guess those could be just cosmetic?

Given that comms are only disrupted by damage, editor or LUA in the commercial version you'll need to 'game' out your comms networks and implement them that way.

I'm also interested in how this translates to game play. What happens when a unit under my control goes dark?

Post #: 55
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/20/2017 9:01:52 AM   
Sniper31

This looks like a promising and enjoyable DLC.

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me

Post #: 56
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/20/2017 11:22:37 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

I'm also interested in how this translates to game play. What happens when a unit under my control goes dark?

We present a summary of the gameplay effects here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4454 (Paragraph "...and Effects").

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 57
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/20/2017 12:32:18 PM   
Tomcat84

quote:

One thing you can already do in the editor is divide an AI force into multiple sides.

Example:

Side Red EW has all the EW radars that build the air picture
Side Red Ops has all the actual Red operating units (fighters etc) that need the air picture.

Side Red EW is Friendly to side Red Ops so that Red Ops units get the air picture generated by the Red EW side.

Now make an event that if a certain bunker or relay station is destroyed, the Red EW posture changes to neutral and now suddenly Red Ops has lost its air picture.

Of course you can make this more complicated with multiple layers too, different regions getting different sides etc. Just make sure you still understand how it all links together haha

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Post #: 58
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/20/2017 12:37:46 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

quote:

We present a summary of the gameplay effects here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4454 (Paragraph "...and Effects").

I saw that but it's still fuzzy to me. How do I as a player select units out of communication if I can't see them or do I lose control? What is considered a 'core' unit for purposes of control? One that still retains commo? What if all my forces have comms cut because of a cyber attack? What actions are those out-of-comms units doing while I can't control them?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 59
RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second stand... - 4/20/2017 2:26:05 PM   
Doctorwarthog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

quote:

One thing you can already do in the editor is divide an AI force into multiple sides.

Example:

Side Red EW has all the EW radars that build the air picture
Side Red Ops has all the actual Red operating units (fighters etc) that need the air picture.

Side Red EW is Friendly to side Red Ops so that Red Ops units get the air picture generated by the Red EW side.

Now make an event that if a certain bunker or relay station is destroyed, the Red EW posture changes to neutral and now suddenly Red Ops has lost its air picture.

Of course you can make this more complicated with multiple layers too, different regions getting different sides etc. Just make sure you still understand how it all links together haha

That is a good tip. Thanks!

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI