Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VASL Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: VASL Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VASL Mod - 3/30/2016 7:50:16 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Is there a way to use JMass's counters with the default terrain? I think not as it is all one combined file, right?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4032963

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 61
RE: VASL Mod - 3/30/2016 9:17:53 PM   
jcrohio

I should have looked more closely JMass - sorry about that

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 62
RE: VASL Mod - 8/23/2016 3:29:22 PM   
Steely Glint

Very nice mod. Thank you.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 63
RE: VASL Mod - 12/7/2016 11:53:43 AM   
chucknra

Excellent mod!!!!! What do I need to do to install the mod after I download it? Thanks.

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 64
RE: VASL Mod - 12/7/2016 2:43:01 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: chucknra

Excellent mod!!!!! What do I need to do to install the mod after I download it? Thanks.

See my reply to your post here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4041280

(in reply to chucknra)
Post #: 65
RE: VASL Mod - 12/7/2016 8:23:21 PM   
pensfanvw

Thanks JMass! Love this mod of yours!!

Alan

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 66
RE: VASL Mod - 3/18/2017 8:46:27 PM   
DoubleDeuce

I accidentally overwrote my VASL Mod file when updating and the links at the top of the thread are no longer working. Please tell me someone has a copy they can upload so I can access it. Preferably the one with the with small markers.

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 67
RE: VASL Mod - 3/18/2017 9:15:19 PM   
rico21

Take the mod " To the Reichstag Campaign" of KhanDam2, It's the same in better!

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 68
RE: VASL Mod - 3/18/2017 9:18:54 PM   
DoubleDeuce

Doesn't that change a lot of the buildings or other stuff? I thought about grabbing that but will recheck it. Thanks

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 69
RE: VASL Mod - 3/18/2017 9:54:43 PM   
Franciscus

Hi, DD

I think this is the one you want

Regards

Attachment (1)

Former AJE team member

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 70
RE: VASL Mod - 3/18/2017 10:07:55 PM   
DoubleDeuce

Thanks Franciscus! That was it.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 71
RE: VASL Mod - 3/19/2017 8:52:02 AM   
Paullus

I've updated the link in the Mod sub-folder to your post Franciscus. Thanks for sharing.

< Message edited by Paullus -- 3/19/2017 8:54:23 AM >

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Post #: 72
RE: VASL Mod - 4/21/2017 9:25:13 AM   
JMass

I uploaded my mod to MediaFire, link in the first post.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 73
RE: VASL Mod - 4/21/2017 6:13:38 PM   
Paullus

Great. Link updated in Submitted Mod List. It still points to the thread but it now points to your first post.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 74
RE: VASL Mod - 4/22/2017 7:49:37 AM   
DoubleDeuce

Thanks JMass.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 75
RE: VASL Mod - 6/21/2017 3:42:32 PM   
cdcool

Dumb question.
What do the numbers mean on the counters?

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 76
RE: VASL Mod - 6/21/2017 11:48:13 PM   
Hailstone

cdcool, a regular in this forum, UP844, answered that question very well earlier this year. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing it.

On the leader counters:
- the first number indicates the leader morale rating;
- the second one indicates its leadership ability.
- the dash between the two numbers is actually a "minus" sign (in SL/ASL, there were a few 6+1 leaders, to represent really incompetent leaders)

A 9-2 leader, then, has a morale level of 9 and applies a -2 to relevant dice rolls (fire, morale/task checks of units stacked with him, etc.). A good leader directing MMG/HMG fire can be deadly (of course, the MG might break the first time you attempt to use it ).

The only advantages low morale leaders with "0" leadership level (8-0, 7-0) provide sre exempting your units from cowering (reduced fire effectiveness) and giving 2 extra MPs to the units they are stacked with. On the other hand, they add extra vulnerability to any units stacked with them, forcing them to take extra morale/task checks if the leader breaks, is wounded or killed. In my opinion, it's better to keep them a few hexes back from the front line, where they can rally broken units.

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 77
RE: VASL Mod - 6/22/2017 2:46:57 AM   
cdcool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

cdcool, a regular in this forum, UP844, answered that question very well earlier this year. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing it.

On the leader counters:
- the first number indicates the leader morale rating;
- the second one indicates its leadership ability.
- the dash between the two numbers is actually a "minus" sign (in SL/ASL, there were a few 6+1 leaders, to represent really incompetent leaders)

A 9-2 leader, then, has a morale level of 9 and applies a -2 to relevant dice rolls (fire, morale/task checks of units stacked with him, etc.). A good leader directing MMG/HMG fire can be deadly (of course, the MG might break the first time you attempt to use it ).

The only advantages low morale leaders with "0" leadership level (8-0, 7-0) provide sre exempting your units from cowering (reduced fire effectiveness) and giving 2 extra MPs to the units they are stacked with. On the other hand, they add extra vulnerability to any units stacked with them, forcing them to take extra morale/task checks if the leader breaks, is wounded or killed. In my opinion, it's better to keep them a few hexes back from the front line, where they can rally broken units.

Thank you! I'm not an ASL player so I appreciate you answering.
What's the difference between ASL and VASL or are they related?

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 78
RE: VASL Mod - 6/22/2017 3:54:53 AM   
DoubleDeuce

VASL is an online tool for playing ASL, like Cyberboard or SunTzu (if you are familiar with those) but VASL is designed specifically for ASL.

< Message edited by Double Deuce -- 6/22/2017 3:55:27 AM >

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 79
RE: VASL Mod - 6/22/2017 3:58:51 AM   
cdcool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

VASL is an online tool for playing ASL, like Cyberboard or SunTzu (if you are familiar with those) but VASL is designed specifically for ASL.

Okay Thanks!

Post #: 80
RE: VASL Mod - 6/22/2017 11:36:51 PM   
Hailstone

cdcool, but wait, there's more...

At the bottom of the squad or half-squad counters there are 3 numbers separated by dashes ie, 4-4-7. The first 4 is the FirePower Rating. The second 4 is the normal range of the squads FirePower. The last number, 7, is the moral factor of the squad. In our example, this squad will attack with 4 FirePower against another infantry target that is within range of 4 hexes. Also, multiple squads on the same hex can combine their firepower. So two squads of 4-4-7 can combine to form a fire group with a FirePower of 8. You don't have to combine them however, one squad could attack one target while the other squad attacks a different target. The last number,7, the moral is used when you are being attacked. Depending on the outcome of an attack against your infantry the infantry will have to "roll" two simulated 6 sided dice and hope to roll equal or less than their moral factor. If roll is low or equal, squad okay but if roll is above the moral then it will break. The greatest thing about TotH is that all calculations and random events are done by the PC instead like it was in the old days where you had to do all this manually.

There's a lot more to it. Like when firing beyond range the FirePower is halved and when firing adjacent hex it doubles. Again, tip of iceberg.

There's a steep learning curve if you are unfamiliar with ASL but just post your questions and see what happens. It's Magic!

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 81
RE: VASL Mod - 6/23/2017 2:39:19 AM   
cdcool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

cdcool, but wait, there's more...

At the bottom of the squad or half-squad counters there are 3 numbers separated by dashes ie, 4-4-7. The first 4 is the FirePower Rating. The second 4 is the normal range of the squads FirePower. The last number, 7, is the moral factor of the squad. In our example, this squad will attack with 4 FirePower against another infantry target that is within range of 4 hexes. Also, multiple squads on the same hex can combine their firepower. So two squads of 4-4-7 can combine to form a fire group with a FirePower of 8. You don't have to combine them however, one squad could attack one target while the other squad attacks a different target. The last number,7, the moral is used when you are being attacked. Depending on the outcome of an attack against your infantry the infantry will have to "roll" two simulated 6 sided dice and hope to roll equal or less than their moral factor. If roll is low or equal, squad okay but if roll is above the moral then it will break. The greatest thing about TotH is that all calculations and random events are done by the PC instead like it was in the old days where you had to do all this manually.

There's a lot more to it. Like when firing beyond range the FirePower is halved and when firing adjacent hex it doubles. Again, tip of iceberg.

There's a steep learning curve if you are unfamiliar with ASL but just post your questions and see what happens. It's Magic!

Damn!
So I guess Tigers in the Hunt uses the same rules as VASL?

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 82
RE: VASL Mod - 6/23/2017 6:28:19 AM   
DoubleDeuce

VASL doesn't enforce any game rules, it's only a virtual tabletop for playing ASL.

(in reply to cdcool)
Post #: 83
RE: VASL Mod - 12/5/2020 8:17:15 PM   
JamesHunt

There are two pics to be found that explain all the values on the ASL3D counters, is there a explanation to be found for the VASL counter graphics and what ingame values they represent?

Post #: 84
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: VASL Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI