Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 2:37:18 AM   
Jugger

Hi guys new game coming onto Steam in May from Graviteam Tactics "Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943". Scroll down for plenty of screenshots looks quite good.http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4352484/tank-warfare-tunisia-1943
Post #: 1
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 2:41:00 AM   
Jugger

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4352484/tank-warfare-tunisia-1943

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 2
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 6:18:38 AM   
IslandInland

I really like the sound of that. We don't get enough North African theatre WW II games.

Thanks for the heads up.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 3
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 10:53:15 AM   
demyansk

The interface is still difficult?

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 4
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 11:37:41 AM   
wings7

Looks good! Thanks for the link!

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 5
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 2:01:17 PM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

The interface is still difficult?

Same as Mius front as far as I can tell, which is better than Star IMHO.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 6
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/22/2017 3:12:52 PM   
Alan Sharif

Thanks. I will add it to my wish list.

A Sharif

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 7
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/25/2017 6:15:19 PM   
Asid

You can find the most upto date information on Tank Warfare Tunisia Here

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 8
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/26/2017 12:50:55 PM   
Alan Sharif

Release date is May 1st!!!!

A Sharif

(in reply to Asid)
Post #: 9
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/26/2017 4:32:08 PM   
RodyMetal

and steam store : http://store.steampowered.com/app/549080

Add me, Steam name: RAIED
Steam Profile:
RAIED

Post #: 10
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/26/2017 4:40:41 PM   
IslandInland

Is it just German and American units in the game? Are there any British units featured? Historically the British outnumbered the Americans in the Tunisian campaign.

XXXCorps

(in reply to RodyMetal)
Post #: 11
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/27/2017 8:03:06 AM   
Alan Sharif

I have not seen any, but suspect a subsequent DLC.

A Sharif

Post #: 12
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 1:09:17 PM   
Ascension

This looks really promising.

Post #: 13
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 1:19:51 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

I have not seen any, but suspect a subsequent DLC.

Yes, that's what I thought. There is lot of scope for DLC here given the different sorts of terrain in Tunisia. 8th Army's outflanking of the Mareth Line would make a good DLC.

XXXCorps

Post #: 14
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 1:28:37 PM   
zakblood

they do make some great games, so again as soon as i get time, it's another one to add to the list of wanted, bought and hopefully played soon games

Post #: 15
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 5:04:00 PM   
wodin

I'd like to see some early War games set in Africa, say seige of and earlier Tobruk, Compass or El Alamein. Something where the DAK and Rommel are at the height of their powers and then something where the Allies start to take the upper hand (Alamein. Plus some alternatives like Rommel being reinforced with more troops and supplies when digging in around Alamein. Or reinforced when on the back foot etc say because the decision was to concentrate on Africa instead of invading Russia (Maybe with the idea that once they take Africa and onto the middle East they then consider an attack on Russian from two fronts, both through Poland and then also up through the belly from the Mid East. Utilising all the Oil capture din the Mid East plus a short hop to Maikop fields aswell)..

< Message edited by wodin -- 4/30/2017 5:10:56 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 16
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 5:19:11 PM   
zakblood

i'd like to see above also, plus have the allies not have access to the lucy spy ring as well, so they didn't know what was coming and where and when etc so couldn't plan ahead for it, then see a what if type plan and battle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_spy_ring

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 17
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 4/30/2017 5:26:52 PM   
IslandInland

I'd like to see anything set in the Med or N. Africa during WW II. Anything at all.

It's my favourite theatre but has so few games. The naval war would be need to be included and all the what-ifs concerning Malta, Gibraltar and a potential Axis push into the Middle East would be great. Brigade/regimental level would suit me.

XXXCorps

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 18
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/1/2017 5:30:24 PM   
budd

Released 15% discount,$33.99

Post #: 19
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/1/2017 5:58:02 PM   
zakblood

yes a good price

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 20
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/1/2017 6:29:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'd like to see some early War games set in Africa, say seige of and earlier Tobruk, Compass or El Alamein. Something where the DAK and Rommel are at the height of their powers and then something where the Allies start to take the upper hand (Alamein. Plus some alternatives like Rommel being reinforced with more troops and supplies when digging in around Alamein. Or reinforced when on the back foot etc say because the decision was to concentrate on Africa instead of invading Russia (Maybe with the idea that once they take Africa and onto the middle East they then consider an attack on Russian from two fronts, both through Poland and then also up through the belly from the Mid East. Utilising all the Oil capture din the Mid East plus a short hop to Maikop fields aswell)..
warspite1

Yes, it would be great to see early Desert War battles. And instead of all the 'what-ifs' being geared to the Axis 'having fun' it would be great to see some 'what-ifs' for the Commonwealth forces. Examples being:

- earlier re-armament so that some KGV and Illustrious-class enter the Mediterranean earlier, or
- Churchill, gambling that the invasion of the UK will not happen, decides the priority is kicking Italy out of North Africa before the Germans can stabilise the situation. No half-arsed campaigns in Greece - it's straight to Tripoli after Compass.

Why do the Axis get all the fun?

Anyway, that aside:

- Then there is Spain joining Germany and in return for an 'easy' hit on Gibraltar, there is the potential for a bun fight that starts with the Spanish fighting Vichy units in Morocco, Italy landing in Vichy Tunisia!

As to what happens if Egypt falls - that is an interesting one. The Commonwealth would fall back on a line from East Africa-Aden-India and would block the Suez Canal. The Axis won't be getting any oil from installations in Iraq for at least a year as these will be destroyed. The loss of Iraqi oil is not a problem for the British, but Persia is perhaps more of a worry here as Persian oil feed the Far Eastern Empire inc Australasia. Whether the Germans get access to it though is another thing.

a) this is a long way from their supply lines
b) the position of Uncle Joe and the Soviet Union is now less certain. Stalin thought the Germans and Western Allies would fight themselves to a standstill, but in this scenario the Germans are now effectively surrounding the USSR.... suddenly Stalin may be feeling a little less smug and is perhaps willing to move into Persia himself.
c) an even bigger unknown is how the USA react to all this.

EDIT: Sorry also meant to say, how do they invade the Causacus? Its not a short hop and they need to go either through Turkey or Persia. Neither of these are in the German sphere as per the N-S Pact and Stalin - deal or no deal - is surely not going to stand aside and let Hitler complete his encirclement of the Soviet position in the south. Of course the counter is that the Turks, seeing the British abandon the Mediterranean, decide to join the Germans...

A whole load of what-ifs to be explored there, and at some point America surely would be inclined to to do something?

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/1/2017 7:15:08 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 21
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 1:47:01 AM   
Jagdtiger14

Warspite1:
quote:

The Axis won't be getting any oil from installations in Iraq for at least a year as these will be destroyed.

That would be May'41. Assuming the Axis cant get anything going concerning Iraq/Med in the 10 months between the fall of France and the Anglo-Iraqi war (perhaps Britain attacks Iraq sooner, is it ready for that?).

Other issues of interest would be Cyprus and Syria.

Adding to the what-if's for the Axis: Germany no Battle of Britain. Perhaps more limited in attempting to control the English Channel, or nothing at all and sending all that air power into the Med.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 22
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 2:18:46 AM   
Ranger33

I still haven't managed to crack the enigma of the Graviteam Tactics UI. I have Operation Star and a bunch of the additional campaigns from when they were on sale, I like the graphics, the scale is amazing, the dynamic campaign is top notch, etc. But every time I play I still feel completely at a loss about what is going on and whether I'm even close to playing correctly.

Need to take one more crack at it I suppose, third time's the charm.

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 23
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 4:18:06 AM   
Rosseau

Similar for me. I have all their games for years, but need to commit the time to master - and remember! - all the functions. What always happens is I wing it, enjoy the battles, and leave, as AI can take care of itself pretty good. Combat Mission is more micro-intensive but I understand it. It just took about 17 years since Beyond Overlord

But the ultimate challenge will be preparing for Operational Art of War IV.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 24
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 4:56:03 AM   
Ranger33

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Similar for me. I have all their games for years, but need to commit the time to master - and remember! - all the functions. What always happens is I wing it, enjoy the battles, and leave, as AI can take care of itself pretty good. Combat Mission is more micro-intensive but I understand it. It just took about 17 years since Beyond Overlord

My experience exactly. I feel the same about Combat Mission, I've sunk so much time into it that their system feels obvious, when a total newbie might be quite lost, especially on the finer points of LOS and such.

Oddly, I didn't find Operational Art of War 3 to be all that difficult to play when I first learned, but then I took a few months off and forgot everything . Hoping the new version will be streamlined in that regard, those hundreds of scenarios covering everything you could possibly want sure are enticing.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 25
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 5:17:37 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Warspite1:
quote:

The Axis won't be getting any oil from installations in Iraq for at least a year as these will be destroyed.

That would be May'41.

warspite1

Sorry, what is May 1941?

quote:

Assuming the Axis cant get anything going concerning Iraq/Med in the 10 months between the fall of France and the Anglo-Iraqi war (perhaps Britain attacks Iraq sooner, is it ready for that?).

Sorry I don't understand this either. Why are Britain attacking Iraq earlier? For what purpose?

quote:

Other issues of interest would be Cyprus and Syria.

Cyprus is of little importance if the British have given up the Eastern Mediterranean. In that scenario the Germans can take the island relatively easily. As for Syria, I guess this depends on what has happened in Spain but Vichy territories turning Free French has to be a more than likely outcome given that, in this scenario, Hitler has started to carve up the French Empire just a month or so after allowing the creation of Vichy....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/2/2017 5:42:37 AM >

Post #: 26
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 6:04:14 AM   
Jagdtiger14

May 1941 = Anglo-Iraqi war.

I was suggesting in response to your "why do the Axis get all the fun", that perhaps Britain can get Iraq (perhaps Syria as well) out of the way earlier quashing any Axis fantasy in that direction. Assuming Britain could get any assets for those operations that early in the war.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 27
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 6:25:38 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

May 1941 = Anglo-Iraqi war.

I was suggesting in response to your "why do the Axis get all the fun", that perhaps Britain can get Iraq (perhaps Syria as well) out of the way earlier quashing any Axis fantasy in that direction. Assuming Britain could get any assets for those operations that early in the war.

warspite1

But the revolt happened in April 1941 when the pro-British regime was subject of a coup d'etat. Why would the British attack earlier i.e. why would they attack a pro-British Government?

As for the assets required, the fighting in May to quell the revolt was undertaken with less than two divisions and a handful of aircraft.

As for getting Syria 'out of the way' as said above, it could well be that they don't have to. If Spain joins the war then Hitler has paid the price, and if Hitler has paid Franco's price then the whole point of Vichy's existence, and Petain's gameplan, has exploded in his face. The writing for Vichy is now clearly written large on the wall in 6 foot high letters. And it doesn't make for pleasant reading....

If not, then things are unlikely to change anyway. The need to take out the Vichy regime in Syria (Operation Exporter) only became apparent when Vichy allowed its airbases to be used to assist the Iraqi uprising. I don't think any early attack on this Vichy territory would have taken place as Wavell just didn't have the troops to spare if he was going to go on the offensive against Graziani.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/2/2017 6:56:51 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 1:56:33 PM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

My experience exactly. I feel the same about Combat Mission, I've sunk so much time into it that their system feels obvious, when a total newbie might be quite lost, especially on the finer points of LOS and such.

Oddly, I didn't find Operational Art of War 3 to be all that difficult to play when I first learned, but then I took a few months off and forgot everything . Hoping the new version will be streamlined in that regard, those hundreds of scenarios covering everything you could possibly want sure are enticing.

Think I'm finally comfortable with the UI. How do I know this, well after not playing for months I jumped back in and knew what I was doing,mostly. Here's a couple of suggestions that helped me. Turn the new order system off, it limits your orders and will frustrate you. Set your battlefield size to limited to start, less units to monitor. Don't try to micro everything. I give most of my orders at start and adjust as the situation develops. Recon to here,move in single line, spread out. Tanks move here, single column along road. My problem was trying to micro everything. The new system since Mius is easier, the manual is better but it still doesn't cover everything. I print screen of the controls and print them out for reference. The basics of orders is select unit, right click on a map location and an order wheel pops up, select your base order by left clicking on it, done, but if you want to set the modifiers for the order right click on the order to open the modifier wheel and select those you want. Once you get a bit comfortable with the system it gets easier but it will take time. The AI does a reasonable job acting on your orders. It's just one of those games where once it clicks, your good to go.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 29
RE: Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 - 5/2/2017 2:06:48 PM   
zakblood

thanks for the tips, as the UI has always put me off tbh

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI