Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-B Scen28

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-B Scen28 Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/3/2017 7:00:01 PM   
Walker84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Very few JFB's in a pbem ever see 8 million in supply.

I am playing pdu off too, and feel your pain there...but I think you should have put more emphasis on Frank A. 7 squadrons upgrade to it from planes prior to the Oscar IV and with the Judy and George coming so late, it seems to me that spending supply to get a decent fighter mid 43 is a must otherwise there is no counter to Lightnings, Jugs and Corsairs.

Looks like you made good use of Nicks.

Yes, I probably don't max out management of the production side as much as I could. I got Franks down to appear in 11/43 but that was still too late. If I hadn't capitulated when I did, they might have been a nuisance for Apbarog over Luzon, but little more than that.

Some sqns only upgrade to Nicks until very late war so I tried to use these as bomber destroyers with mixed success. They were shot down all too easily if Allied fighters swept my bases.

The most advanced nations are always those who navigate the most -
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 -1882)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1681
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/3/2017 7:17:05 PM   
SqzMyLemon

Well played to you both. It was a fun PBEM to follow. Thank you both for all the time and effort to document your game.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to Walker84)
Post #: 1682
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/6/2017 1:52:00 AM   
apbarog

Thank you SqzMyLemon. I think that we both enjoyed the game. Walker is a true gentleman and an ideal opponent, with turns arriving as promised and good communications when real life interferes.

I am starting to think about a new game. I have an open offer to Walker to play again and switch sides. This game was my first AE game as the Allies, and I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the logistics part of the game, and there is certainly plenty of that as the war goes on. For the Japanese, there's the initial expansion requiring great attention to detail with logistics, but after that, it's more about shipping resources, fuel, and oil, and defending. If I play Walker, he can choose to play the Allied side, but if I play against someone else, I may go with the Allies again.

Either way, I'm missing that part of the day that AE (and its predecessors) has filled.

< Message edited by apbarog -- 5/6/2017 2:08:50 AM >

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 1683
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/10/2017 12:37:00 AM   
apbarog

I've asked Walker about a rematch sometime in the near future. When I get a response, I'll know whether or not I need to look for another opponent. I am missing the daily routine of the game, and the mental gymnastics involved.

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 1684
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/16/2017 1:03:46 AM   
apbarog

Walker doesn't want a rematch, at least in the near future, so I'll probably be looking for another opponent, eventually. I'm not in a great hurry though. It's difficult to find a dependable opponent who is willing to commit to a multi-year game, and Walker was that. Hopefully we'll get another game going in the future.

So let's call this thread complete and see you on the other side in a new thread soon.

(in reply to Walker84)
Post #: 1685
RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-... - 5/17/2017 12:53:22 AM   
Bif1961

Good luck and hope to see you playing again soon.

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 1686
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: See you in Tokyo Bay - Apbarog(A) vs Walker(J) DBB-B Scen28 Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI