Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stacking limit info - help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Stacking limit info - help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stacking limit info - help! - 5/4/2017 5:59:44 PM   
Yaab

Scen 100, Allies, stock map with stacking levels

Hex's stacking limit info is displayed by default in the upper right-hand corner of the game screen (see jpg below). However, the three buttons there make the stacking limits info totally unreadable. Is there any way to move the string of words starting with the word "Forecast" to the left?

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/4/2017 6:00:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/4/2017 7:55:46 PM   
witpqs

Just FYI - does not help you - with a wider screen the stacking limit info is fully displayed. I guess the narrower screen provides too little real estate for that.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 2
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/4/2017 11:58:50 PM   
kevin_hx

Hi, Yaab
Where is your map style to find?
It is NICE.

thanks.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 4:14:12 AM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Just FYI - does not help you - with a wider screen the stacking limit info is fully displayed. I guess the narrower screen provides too little real estate for that.

Thanks. I am running the game on an old lappy, 15' inch screen with 1200x800 resolution. I will try higher resolutions and see how the info behaves.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 4:17:17 AM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx

Hi, Yaab
Where is your map style to find?
It is NICE.

thanks.

Nice is an understatement. The map is a work of ART. The map is called the Topographical 2 Map with Labels.

Email Chemkid for the map and beg him to release his Topographical 2 Map with Labels for a wider audience. Unfortunately, he only has done the stock map in this style.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/5/2017 4:56:12 AM >

(in reply to kevin_hx)
Post #: 5
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 10:58:27 AM   
Yaab

No luck with higher resolutions. Highest one supported by my lappy is 1600 x 1050. No change in the info string placement - it still floats behind the three buttons.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 11:42:58 AM   
Disco Duck

quote:

I have a twenty inch monitor running 1650 by 1050 and I still can't see it.

There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 12:38:08 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/25/2018 10:59:28 AM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 1:05:18 PM   
Yaab

Thank you, it works! Can I nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize? My Lenovo lives to see another day.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/5/2017 1:14:18 PM >

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 9
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 3:01:30 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

No luck with higher resolutions. Highest one supported by my lappy is 1600 x 1050. No change in the info string placement - it still floats behind the three buttons.

chemkid's solution is great!

But why do you say this one is higher resolution than the first pic? It is the same number of hexes across, I counted. Whatever you did to make it be higher resolution did not work.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 10
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 3:03:09 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: chemkid

hi there!

here's the cure for your 'low resolution' problem:

(btw, screen snip is at 1200x800px - yeah!)

download here ----> Invisible Buttons MOD

please exchange the image file 'Button2.bmp' with your vanilla file inside the ART folder or use GME and activate this mod - please make a backup of your precious ART folder before modding.

enjoy!
chem!

Very cool!

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 11
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 4:43:24 PM   
Yaab

quote:

quote:

But why do you say this one is higher resolution than the first pic? It is the same number of hexes across, I counted. Whatever you did to make it be higher resolution did not work.

Silly me. I have played WiTP:AE for a very long time on 1200 x 800 laptop, that it never occurred to me that I need to add px and py switches for the resolution change to take effect. I can attest that higher resolution works and the uppermost text string is now moved to the left. My question if what is the native resolution of WiTP:AE then in full window mode?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 12
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 5:12:16 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Silly me. I have played WiTP:AE for a very long time on 1200 x 800 laptop, that it never occurred to me that I need to add px and py switches for the resolution change to take effect. I can attest that higher resolution works and the uppermost text string is now moved to the left. My question if what is the native resolution of WiTP:AE then in full window mode?

I don't know that the term "native resolution" really has meaning in that context. AE in windowed mode has a lower limit (the doc says it, I forget what it is) and an upper limit which people have sort of found by trial and error. AFAIK all the resolutions that work are treated equally.

But if you mean basically 'designer's intent', I think it would be the minimum size that displays all the items on the banner lines (top line being longer, so the top line).

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 13
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 5:35:21 PM   
Yaab

Thanks. Running this game on a resolution higher than 1200 x 800 on 15' screen is not really an option as the hexes and labels get small, but if you have a big screen and can run the game on a very high resolution then the Chemkid's Topo 2 map is the way to go. Looked gorgeous in 1680 x 1050 even though trying to click on selected hexes was like dropping bombs from a very high altitude.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 14
RE: Stacking limit info - help! - 5/5/2017 5:47:43 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Thanks. Running this game on a resolution higher than 1200 x 800 on 15' screen is not really an option as the hexes and labels get small, but if you have a big screen and can run the game on a very high resolution then the Chemkid's Topo 2 map is the way to go. Looked gorgeous in 1680 x 1050 even though trying to click on selected hexes was like dropping bombs from a very high altitude.

You might see if "cheating" by toggling F6 helps. That's the one showing hex side codes (what units can pass each hex side terrain-wise: land, sea, both, none, river crossing...). Whenever the map I am using masks the hex boundaries I just hit F6 to make the hexes pop out.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Stacking limit info - help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI