Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Endure vs Durabilty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Endure vs Durabilty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Endure vs Durabilty - 5/6/2017 4:29:47 AM   
ElvisDaKing

Hi

I am a bit confused about plane characteristics : Durability and Endure

What do these values represent ?

'To my point, in war, there s just one attractive thing : the victory Parade... What sucks, it s all the things before.... We should get the enlist payroll and do the parade right away, before that it get totally screwed up'
Un Taxi pour Tobrouk
Post #: 1
RE: Endure vs Durabilty - 5/6/2017 5:42:33 AM   
BBfanboy

Endurance is the number of hours and minutes it can fly at cruise fuel usage.
Durability is the ability to keep flying despite damage (armour, self-sealing tanks)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ElvisDaKing)
Post #: 2
RE: Endure vs Durabilty - 5/6/2017 3:02:17 PM   
dr.hal

Endurance is basically a range factor, how far can an aircraft fly while durability has to due with how the aircraft is constructed and as BB states how well it can sustain damage and still stay aloft. However a factor that seems to be separated out of durability is armor, which has its own number (but certainly is related to how well a craft can take damage). A/C are rated at 0,1 or 2 (I think I recall seeing a 3 somewhere but am not sure). This reflects whether or not the pilot/crew and other vital elements of a craft are protected by armor plates. The higher the number the more difficult to penetrate that plate.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Endure vs Durabilty - 5/8/2017 1:15:04 PM   
ElvisDaKing

Thanks for explanation.
Actually i was considering these 2 values to make my choice about R&D and planned production of late war IJAAF fighter. Ki 43 IV Oscar vs Ki 100 Tony...
I want to have a service 1 fighter to operate with Ki 84 Franck...

Oscar has better range for LRCAP and can be in production sooner with R&D but Tony is more robust so can endure longer dogfight and resist damage when intercepting allied 4E bombers...

Unfortunately i came to conclusion that there are no perfect fighter for Japan...
So i ll go for both of them...

'To my point, in war, there s just one attractive thing : the victory Parade... What sucks, it s all the things before.... We should get the enlist payroll and do the parade right away, before that it get totally screwed up'
Un Taxi pour Tobrouk

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 4
RE: Endure vs Durabilty - 5/10/2017 9:45:29 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Unfortunately i came to conclusion that there are no perfect fighter for Japan...
So i ll go for both of them...

You are correct and will see the benefit of your decision as the game progresses. Both will be useful in the future.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to ElvisDaKing)
Post #: 5
RE: Endure vs Durabilty - 5/11/2017 10:57:49 AM   
HansBolter

Ships and boats with a durability of 1 often suffer system and even some flotation damage when transiting deep water ocean hexes.

These are typically small craft meant for coastal operations.

Doesn't mean you can't cross short gaps of ocean between islands but it does mean you will suffer some wear and tear for doing it.

Hans

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Endure vs Durabilty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI