Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Luftwaffe Field Division

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Luftwaffe Field Division Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/8/2017 11:21:03 AM   
Duck1970

How do people use the Luftwaffe Field Divisions? I am getting spammed-6 divisions of lower strength troops so far plus an HQ of the same name. I am winter 1943 in 41-45 campaign. Do I put them at the front? Do I use them as garrison? Can I merge them? Thank you for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/8/2017 1:46:17 PM   
No idea

They are good as garrison. Remember that you allies cant go beyond the brest litovsk line. You need a good number of crappy germen units as garrison. SEC german units you get arent enough once you have taken Leningrad and Moscow.

(in reply to Duck1970)
Post #: 2
RE: Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/8/2017 4:47:43 PM   
swkuh

vs AI games:

Luftwaffe divisions are useful in quiet sectors; do stacks of 3 and reserves all Luftwaffe. Allow corps HQs useful amounts arty/aa etc. These are not attack formations.

BTW, in re garrisons, now using minimal garrisons (50%) and not seeing bad results.

Think if the German has Lenin's & Stalin's grads (or, Moscow) he's doing pretty good.

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 3
RE: Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/8/2017 10:44:44 PM   
Duck1970

OK thanks for the reply's. It is Feb. 43 and I have taken Leningrad and Moscow vs. AI on Medium difficulty. I cant crack Sebastopol so I dont know if I should risk taking Stalingrad with Crimea bottle neck. Sounds like the LFDs are going to garrison Moscow to free up the armor that is hibernating there.

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 4
RE: Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/9/2017 6:29:23 AM   
Denniss

2-3 of them start with decent experience, the others are just mediocre. AFAIR they'll later get an OB upgrade that makes them a tad stronger in heavy weapons.
Instead of repeating history, wasting the poorly trained men in heavy offensive actions where many did poorly, use them as rear guard or disband them (except those with better exp)

(in reply to Duck1970)
Post #: 5
RE: Luftwaffe Field Division - 5/11/2017 3:28:24 PM   
Cavalry Corp

But there should be a LW pool they disband to. I use them quite a lot ( AGN in the woods is good) stacked with other units they do ok - Now in April 43.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Luftwaffe Field Division Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI