Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lower Shipping Times & Charges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Lower Shipping Times & Charges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 1:22:10 PM   
IainMcNeil

In case you missed it I'm posting this here too as its a big deal :)

We’re delighted to announce we have transformed our logistics system and can offer faster and cheaper deliveries. Delivery is now as little as $1.64 with savings of up to 85%!*

In the US we have found new partners which allow us to offer huge savings on shipping charges. The cost of shipping the large hard backed books has plummeted from $25 to just $10 – a saving of 60%.

In Europe things get even better. We have opened a German warehouse so all orders outside of the US and Canada are now shipped from Germany. If you are ordering in the EU the shipping costs will drop by around 26-72% for standard boxes and 44-85% for books and large items. There will also be no customs checks as it is dispatched from within the EU and delivery will be vastly quicker. The rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa will see up to 30% savings across the board.

There are no changes to shipping in Canada and the rest of the world.

Now is a great time to take advantage of these great new shipping charges to pick up your favourite games in physical form, and if you held off ordering a physical version, don’t forget you can upgrade to physical now at no extra charge. Upgrade your digital edition at http://www.matrixgames.com/store/boxedupgrade.asp

* Actual price & saving depends on your location. This example is the shipping charge for a standard game to Germany and the % saving for heavy items in Germany.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 1:25:40 PM   
Franciscus

Thanks

But either this is still not fully implemented or else is not WAD.

I went to order the SC3 book and shipping charges continue to be 17,54 euros via DHL...

< Message edited by Franciscus -- 5/10/2017 1:26:48 PM >

Former AJE team member

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 2:34:32 PM   
VPaulus

I believe that's correct. Before it was costing around $35. Please note that's the price for shipping a hardcover book not a DVD case.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 3
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 2:48:28 PM   
IainMcNeil

It depends where you are Franciscus. As Paulo says it used to be $35 for shipping a single book. In the US its down to $10, in EU about 17 Euros and slightly more for RotW which is a 50% saving. This is just what it costs to send and we've spent an awful lot of time looking for the cheapest alternative. The books are heavy items and shipping internationally (outside Germany or the US) does get more expensive. Boxed games are significantly cheaper.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 3:53:14 PM   
Jarcore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

Thanks

But either this is still not fully implemented or else is not WAD.

I went to order the SC3 book and shipping charges continue to be 17,54 euros via DHL...

same charges like you Franciscus, I live in Spain. 17,54€ + 15€

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 5
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 4:54:33 PM   
IainMcNeil

What do you mean by 17+15?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Jarcore)
Post #: 6
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 5:11:54 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

In Europe things get even better. We have opened a German warehouse so all orders outside of the US and Canada are now shipped from Germany. If you are ordering in the EU the shipping costs will drop by around 26-72% for standard boxes and 44-85% for books and large items. There will also be no customs checks as it is dispatched from within the EU and delivery will be vastly quicker. The rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa will see up to 30% savings across the board.

This is great news, thanks. Will order more boxes than before now.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 7
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 5:13:33 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

What do you mean by 17+15?

He means €17 for S&H costs and €15 for the cost of the book.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 5:33:18 PM   
IainMcNeil

Ah yes of course :)

We don't have distribution hubs in every major city like Amazon so we're never going to be able to compete with that. We now have 2 warehouses but that's as good as its likely to get! We have reduced our prices up to 85% in some regions which is really all we can offer. I understand if you still don't want to pay for postage and no hard feelings but we've spent a lot of time and effort to deliver this and there is really nowhere else to go in terms of price. This is as good as its going to get unless the international delivery system drastically changes! :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 9
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 5:43:40 PM   
Jarcore

I appreciate your effort for all european customers. Thank you Ian

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/10/2017 10:33:19 PM   
MatJack

Just wanted to say thanks and that this should be good news to every member here. I do shipping myself and dealing with issues related to shipping costs or time for a shipment to get to the recipient is a real pain to improve ...........anything that lowers costs to the end user is hard to get done. Thumbs up to the effort of those that got this done.

(in reply to Jarcore)
Post #: 11
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/13/2017 9:54:24 PM   
Zenith

Just logged into the site and saw the great news about the shipping prices for Europe.

Logged into my account and proceeded to upgrade my copy of Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa to the boxed version with the hard copy manual, after all its only another £12.99.

Too bad that when I finally arrived at the payment page the postage for said item was £15.90. So much for the decreased prices, and this is with a reduction in postage cost between 44% and 85%, seriously !!.

Ah well cancelled perhaps we'll get a decent postage rate at some point Amazon seem to manage it.

Just to check the prices I discovered that these are the following prices of a copy of Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa with hard manual.

Matrix - Full boxed version with manual including "new postage" = £69.89
Amazon - Full boxed version with manual including postage = £54.99

Wish that when I purchased D C Barbarossa I'd known about Amazon selling it. because at least we get a fair postage cost from them, with regards to this new postage policy I think you need to change couriers as these new prices are still far too expensive.

However with the above said I am still grateful that there is an option to go to Amazon to purchase the item from them.

< Message edited by Zenith -- 5/13/2017 10:05:39 PM >

(in reply to MatJack)
Post #: 12
RE: Lower Shipping Times & Charges - 5/14/2017 1:07:23 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zenith

Ah well cancelled perhaps we'll get a decent postage rate at some point Amazon seem to manage it.

Just to check the prices I discovered that these are the following prices of a copy of Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa with hard manual.

Matrix - Full boxed version with manual including "new postage" = £69.89
Amazon - Full boxed version with manual including postage = £54.9

quote:

We don't have distribution hubs in every major city like Amazon so we're never going to be able to compete with that.

(in reply to Zenith)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Lower Shipping Times & Charges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI