Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amphibious vs Transport mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Amphibious vs Transport mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 6:05:25 AM   
ElvisDaKing

Hi

I want to ship a full division on a very long distance with final objective for amphibious landing at ennemy base...

Should i use amphibious or transport mode, knowing that i will use same ships for the landing..
I can see only inconvenients with transport mode as i will loose time to put the division in strategic mode, unload the troops at friendly base to put them back on combat mode, reloading on ships after few days and then head to final objective.

Do prep point still accumulate during the journey ?

'To my point, in war, there s just one attractive thing : the victory Parade... What sucks, it s all the things before.... We should get the enlist payroll and do the parade right away, before that it get totally screwed up'
Un Taxi pour Tobrouk
Post #: 1
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 6:13:27 AM   
Lokasenna

Prep points do not accumulate while aboard ship.

Keep in mind that your troops will also accumulate disruption while embarked, up to about 50-52 or so. You don't want to land in such a state. You can use either amphibious or transport - which has the strategic mode pack/unpack time, but also would require fewer ships as amphibious mode is limited to 80% load. If you use amphibious, you should check that disruption and if it is high, unload at a nearby friendly port to let the troops rest for a few days to get back to low disruption.

(in reply to ElvisDaKing)
Post #: 2
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 7:06:29 AM   
Yaab

Use proper ships - APA>AP>xAP. BWT, shouldn't a long voyage actually decrease the prep points by a samll amount?

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 1:43:46 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

shouldn't a long voyage actually decrease the prep points by a samll amount?

It does not.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 4
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 2:20:17 PM   
patrickl

Use Amphibious is the way. The use of transport mode run the risk of slow unloading of troops and equipment at target. Too dangerous to have that happening.

Banner designed by rogueusmc

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 5
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 3:05:01 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

Use proper ships - APA>AP>xAP. BWT, shouldn't a long voyage actually decrease the prep points by a samll amount?

I imagine the lack of physical exercise is being balanced by the time on hand to study maps, recon photos, intel reports etc., for smalls arms target practice on flotsam and jetsam and to sharpen the bayonets and Ka-bars.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: Amphibious vs Transport mode - 5/15/2017 3:15:17 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

I imagine the lack of physical exercise is being balanced by the time on hand to study maps, recon photos, intel reports etc., for smalls arms target practice on flotsam and jetsam and to sharpen the bayonets and Ka-bars.

Nope - card games (with money under the table) and smoking. Reading maps would show up in prep increases, which does not happen aboard ship.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Amphibious vs Transport mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI