Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A newbie question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A newbie question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A newbie question - 5/21/2001 12:47:00 AM   
Crockett

I am new to Steel Panther , I played the tutorials and one scenario...A great game .I am a Combat Mission player since a few months and Steel Panther is the only game that succeeded to fascinate me since I got Combat Mission .Steel Panther is 2D and Combat Mission is 3D but they have so much in common.It was almost natural for me to love SP That's the kudos.Now a small question. It looks to me that when I pass my mouse pointer on the map ( on empty hexes or on units ) it take a bit long time for the information ( the rectangular gray window with information ) to appear on the screen.I know that this a really minor problem ( if a problem at all ) but is there any way to reduce the time until this window appears ( maybe in the preferences ? ) Thanks in advance

Post #: 1
- 5/21/2001 12:55:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

you can adjust message delay message lenght and how fast the mouse pointer calls the info ... play with the setting in preferences till ya get exactly what you want

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 2
- 5/21/2001 6:43:00 AM   
kao16

I'm pretty sure teh preference yoou want to change is "live delay".

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 3
- 5/21/2001 7:06:00 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Yep, It is the "Live Delay" setting, I find that about 50 is best for me. Have fun Anthony

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 4
- 5/21/2001 8:05:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Welcome aboard, Crockett: You'll find many CM fans among us. As a long time SP player and having played CM since it's beta demo days I can say that each game will stay on my hard drive. With SPWAW you'll find the largest, most complete OOB's anywhere. Be sure to check out the editor. It's absolutely great. The large manual..some 268 pages...is packed with facts and well worth reading. Also the SPWAW community is loaded with men and women who really know their wargaming and are very glad to answer newbie questions.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 5
- 5/21/2001 11:18:00 AM   
Crockett

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: Welcome aboard, Crockett: You'll find many CM fans among us. .
Thanks for the warm welcome...It is not surprising to find CM fans in a SP board.Both games look different but "feel" the same.Indeed a great manual ( an other thing common with CM !! ) Thank you all for the tip ...I set the "live delay" to 50 and it is perfect now. Cheers Crockett

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 6
- 5/21/2001 11:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Welcome Crockett! As you may know, I have been somewhat active in the production of both games and enjoy them immensely. We are happy to have you with us. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 7
- 5/21/2001 2:46:00 PM   
Crockett

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Welcome Crockett! As you may know, I have been somewhat active in the production of both games and enjoy them immensely. We are happy to have you with us. Wild Bill
Yep, I saw your name on the credit of SP...and now I understand something : I was talking about the same feeling in both games, about something in common, well now I can put a name on it - quality Crockett

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 8
- 5/22/2001 12:05:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Well said, my friend. I would agree wholeheartedly with you...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Crockett)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A newbie question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI