Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 4:21:02 PM   
Alpha77

The Eagle 2011: I have seen that one it was decent, but not much with romans/legions fighting etc. But watchable movie.

Centurion 2010, pulling the pics from it up, YES I have seen this one too. It is not a historic or war movie tho, I would say a mix from action with bit of phantasy yes, a historic background too. I remember this queen here from some tribe who caught the romans:

See "the eagle" is the best form the 3...but still not historic, more tipps`?

@ Warspite, Green..```ah the actress who together with the "actor who shall not be named", ruined Kingdom Of Heaven (which is still good, but could have so much better)

Also can you shed light what the Ferris wheel is doing at Dunkirk, I guess you know your UK military history??

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 5/18/2017 4:45:19 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 121
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 4:38:58 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

Talking of Dunkirk, let's not forget the amazing tracking shot from "Atonement":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

WTF they kill the horses...? To not let them fall in German hands or what ? I doubt that a dozen horses would help the Nazi War machine that much. Scumbags.

warspite1

Scumbags? I think that is a tad dramatic. It must be remembered that at that time food and particularly water were running low. In addition medicines and medical facilities for the troops were running out - let alone horses. Casualties were mounting from bombs and shells and no one knew exactly what the outcome would be or in what timescale.

Those men doing the shooting were likely to have been from the cavalry units - and so hardly animal haters. I think looked at in those terms, it is likely that the decision to shoot the horses was compassionate and not deserving of the 'scumbags' comment.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/18/2017 4:48:47 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 122
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 4:46:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Also can you shed light what the Ferris wheel is doing at Dunkirk, I guess you know your UK military history??
warspite1

No idea I'm afraid - I've never heard of one but it seems strange.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 123
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 4:50:38 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

No idea I'm afraid - I've never heard of one but it seems strange.

Is it possible it is there in todays time? Cause I remember I travelled the area (normandy, brittany etc.) and also Dunkerque. IIRC there was a kind of small amusement park there, to which this whell may belong (but I may also confuse it with another town there, I visited at least a dozen or so)

EDIT, yup the Wheel is at HONFLEUR:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/honfleur-river.html

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 5/18/2017 4:54:12 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 124
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 5:00:21 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

...what the Ferris wheel is doing at Dunkirk...

Weekend entertainment...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 125
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 5:10:59 PM   
Alpha77

Thanks for the reminder this was a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PPw7S4IuIg

(must watch again) Who needs new "movies" anyway. Just noted another thing in the new Dunkirk trailer, the AA guns point to the sea ? Would the German planes not come from the landside ? Also Brens pointing at sea (did they expect a Kriegmarine invasion there?) Also "soldiers" having fun at a carusell (sp?), well there was still a functioning command structure with lots of officers around, they would not allow that BS around of the "children".. I would have had them all executed and let the horses live instead...(as commanding officer, this is the mighy British army, right they do not put up with fools destryoing morale) and also the "singing" fools at 2:38 if they would not STFU We can´t hear the enemy coming when you try to emulate a choir at the beach. Also why do they not play a rap song instead, would more suit the young audience this crap is obviously aimed at.

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 5/18/2017 5:36:46 PM >

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 126
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 5:45:17 PM   
Alpha77

AND, even MORE shocking, this TRAILER I reviewed above IS NOT EVEN from the DUNKIRK movie... stupid me.

The movie is called Attonement (must be total crap!) and it is only a scene from this movie named Dunkirk by the uploader LOOOL

There are only 2 trailers out there this is not one of them.. with all the goofing around etc. (pheeeew, new hope and sorry to the real Dunkirk movie - jury must wait to judge )

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 5/18/2017 5:51:38 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 127
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 6:55:41 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Also the acting in Interstellar was "wooden" as if most of them got sleeping pills, alone this comparison with "event hoizon" where actors can act should be quite clear imo.

Naw. I happen to have enjoyed Interstellar and don't feel that the acting was particularly poor. Your opinion is yours and is not 'quite clear' to others with a different opinion. So be it.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 128
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 6:58:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Thanks for the reminder this was a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PPw7S4IuIg

(must watch again) Who needs new "movies" anyway. Just noted another thing in the new Dunkirk trailer, the AA guns point to the sea ? Would the German planes not come from the landside ? Also Brens pointing at sea (did they expect a Kriegmarine invasion there?) Also "soldiers" having fun at a carusell (sp?), well there was still a functioning command structure with lots of officers around, they would not allow that BS around of the "children".. I would have had them all executed and let the horses live instead...(as commanding officer, this is the mighy British army, right they do not put up with fools destryoing morale) and also the "singing" fools at 2:38 if they would not STFU We can´t hear the enemy coming when you try to emulate a choir at the beach. Also why do they not play a rap song instead, would more suit the young audience this crap is obviously aimed at.

Riight....because soldiers in 'dire straits' have never ever once taken to alcohol or group song to commiserate. By jove, I think that's the first time I've ever seen such 'crap'. Soldiers are always to be shaved, in parade dress uniform and click their heels at any order from any officer anywhere. Yawohl Hauptmann!

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 129
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 7:07:56 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

Talking of Dunkirk, let's not forget the amazing tracking shot from "Atonement":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

WTF they kill the horses...? To not let them fall in German hands or what ? I doubt that a dozen horses would help the Nazi War machine that much. Scumbags.

warspite1

Scumbags? I think that is a tad dramatic. It must be remembered that at that time food and particularly water were running low. In addition medicines and medical facilities for the troops were running out - let alone horses. Casualties were mounting from bombs and shells and no one knew exactly what the outcome would be or in what timescale.

Those men doing the shooting were likely to have been from the cavalry units - and so hardly animal haters. I think looked at in those terms, it is likely that the decision to shoot the horses was compassionate and not deserving of the 'scumbags' comment.

Hear hear.

It was commonplace to alleviate suffering of animals injured on the battlefield that couldn't be cared for properly. It was also commonplace to destroy said animals in order to deprive the enemy of them. There is a technique that is (still) taught to localize the gunshot in order to achieve an immediate and painless death.

If our fine Westfalen comrade is looking to shoot anyone, he can start with the German military that routinely used, abused and squandered the lives of some 2.75 million horses in the Second World War. Very frequently these animals would be worked to death and die at their 'post'.

Most of these animals were captured stock from other 'liberated' countries. So, yes, the use of horses was a vital cog in the German military machine that justified denying said animals from the battlefield spoils.

Armies commonly spiked their guns, rendered footstuffs inedible, destroyed communications and codes and disabled or destroyed vehicles subject to capture. This depiction was a logical, but sad, extension of those policies.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 130
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 7:43:02 PM   
Panther Bait

I believe for all the talk of the mighty German armored/mechanized divisions, that they were largest users of horse-drawn equipment/transports in WW2. The UK highly mechanized/motorized before the war, and the US was as well. The Russians less so, but I think still more than the Germans (one of the top lend-lease items to the Soviets was trucks IIRC). The Japanese probably had the least mechanization, but I don't think they had a lot of horses either. They designed a lot of their equipment to be man-portable (probably often by non-soldiers).

Mike

P.S. When I say highly mechanized/motorized, I don't mean to say everyone rode instead of walked. I am really talking about the use of horse transport vs. motorized/mechanized transport where it was necessary (heavy weapon platoons, artillery/ATGs, etc.). I fully understand that most infantry troops, at least outside the armored/mech divisions, walked into battle.

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 131
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 8:31:15 PM   
Skyros

Alpha77 is this more to your liking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQpjToEgxk

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 132
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 9:31:27 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyros

Alpha77 is this more to your liking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQpjToEgxk

YUP, I need to watch the series again,thanks for reminder.

and also thanks to Chicken that he remembers the poor eastern front horses :( One of the few who do (of all sides).. and the thousands at Waterloo, Austerlitz, Gettysburgh, Manassas, Crimea war etc. etc

Pantherbait, you are correct the mechanized german army is mostly a myth.

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 5/18/2017 9:34:08 PM >

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 133
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/18/2017 10:34:37 PM   
MakeeLearn

Roman Red...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 5/18/2017 10:59:44 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 134
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 5/19/2017 5:40:24 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

I believe for all the talk of the mighty German armored/mechanized divisions, that they were largest users of horse-drawn equipment/transports in WW2. The UK highly mechanized/motorized before the war, and the US was as well. The Russians less so, but I think still more than the Germans (one of the top lend-lease items to the Soviets was trucks IIRC). The Japanese probably had the least mechanization, but I don't think they had a lot of horses either. They designed a lot of their equipment to be man-portable (probably often by non-soldiers).

Mike

P.S. When I say highly mechanized/motorized, I don't mean to say everyone rode instead of walked. I am really talking about the use of horse transport vs. motorized/mechanized transport where it was necessary (heavy weapon platoons, artillery/ATGs, etc.). I fully understand that most infantry troops, at least outside the armored/mech divisions, walked into battle.
warspite1

The problem was realised before the war, but in Hitler's mad rush to take over Europe there was not the time or the resources to fix the problem. Fact was in 1935 there was 1 vehicle for every 65 Germans, and on the outbreak of war that had only increased to 1 in 47. In Britain those numbers were 1 in 23 and 1 in 14 and even higher in France. For the US it was 1 in 5 and 1 in 3.

Why was this a problem? Well the fewer cars per populace, the fewer drivers, the fewer mechanics, the fewer factories and assembly lines, spare parts and workshops. The factories needed to pump out the motor vehicles required by the army took time to build up and so did all the ancillary items that were needed to go with them. And of course there was the added complication that the air force and the navy were also competing for the limited resources.

Oberst Adolf von Schell was made Plenipotentiary for Motor Vehicles and he spent time in Detroit seeing how Ford worked and what Germany needed if they were to bring the army into the 20th Century. The German motor industry had too many companies making too many different types of vehicle with the result that the precious few resources to go round were not being used to best effect. Outside of the panzer and motorised divisions an over reliance upon horses was the result.

Figures from James Holland War In The West

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/19/2017 6:10:23 AM >

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 135
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 2:34:18 PM   
Macclan5

Bump : Dunkirk

Very old thread... however went to see a movie Saturday Night (date night with my spouse).

Have not actually been to a movie in theater for a very long time. With 3 kids now all Teenagers and Yong adults - they go - I don't. I think the last movie I actually saw was either a Harry Potter or Avengers 1.

Love this new "adult - VIP - lisc " thing even if its $25 CAD a ticket.

(They serve beer in theater ! They bring it too you !The chairs are leather recliners ! )

Back to the Trailer : Dunkirk.

Saw the trailer on this big screen.

Very very sound looking CGI and or cinematography.

The Hurricanes looked fantastic. The Bf 109s equally fantastic.

Bomb blasts are bomb blasts.... however the battle scene looked "less purposely grizzly" than ...for example Saving Private Ryan.

I really look forward to this flick and in fact may shell out the coin to see it in theater and not wait for DVD / Netflix as I mostly do.

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 136
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 3:01:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

Very old thread... however went to see a movie Saturday Night (date night with my spouse).

Have not actually been to a movie in theater for a very long time. With 3 kids now all Teenagers and Yong adults - they go - I don't. I think the last movie I actually saw was either a Harry Potter or Avengers 1.

(They serve beer in theater ! They bring it too you !The chairs are leather recliners ! )

Bomb blasts are bomb blasts.... however the battle scene looked "less purposely grizzly" than ...for example Saving Private Ryan.

I really look forward to this flick and in fact may shell out the coin to see it in theater and not wait for DVD / Netflix as I mostly do.

Hollywood-style explosions are that every little firecracker is enhanced with 100 gallons of gasoline or something. Were the special effects explosions like that or did they seem realistic?

What is this "adult - VIP - lisc" that you mention? I am also no longer a big movie theater-goer.

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 137
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 3:35:32 PM   
Kull

quote:

I believe for all the talk of the mighty German armored/mechanized divisions, that they were largest users of horse-drawn equipment/transports in WW2.

Webster agrees (a classic scene from Band of Brothers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DnRn9hyFU

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 138
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 4:58:30 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Hollywood-style explosions are that every little firecracker is enhanced with 100 gallons of gasoline or something. Were the special effects explosions like that or did they seem realistic?

What is this "adult - VIP - lisc" that you mention? I am also no longer a big movie theater-goer.

1) No evident Hollywood explosions in the trailer.

Very realistic looking mortar rounds on the beaches. Puff and crack as opposed to soldiers flying in the air a dozen feet from the concussion.

The ship bombs seemed perhaps a bit Hollywood; but is was a flash of a second only.. so no context.

2) The modern day theater .

I had no idea either.

In Toronto Canada (in my area at least) .. a typical flick ticket is approx $12 CAD depending on 3D , bargain Wednesdays, and other such considerations (points cards, coupons).

In this newer venue I paid $25 CAD for a "age of majority - licensed to sell liquor" theater. Segregated from the other theaters you walk through a lounge offering chicken wings, nacho plates, and more than candy and popcorn foods.

Further there are waiters with an obligatory IPAD that serve you at your seat before the actual feature film starts. Order - pay with Credit Card or Bank Debit card and have it delivered to you. The seats are largish padded leather recliners - or "Lazy Boys" to use a term most North Americans are familiar with.

Saturday Night: Wonder Women, 2 Pints Keith's India Pale Ale, Quesedea. Cost $25, $7, $7, $10. Experience Priceless.

Sort of $50 all in taxes included.

I wouldn't pay this amount all the time - but for an adult date night with my spouse - far better than $120 plus tip for an indifferent meal at a non-descript restaurant worth about an hour and a half of time while they try to rush me out for the next patrons.

< Message edited by Macclan5 -- 6/6/2017 5:02:19 PM >

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 139
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 4:59:38 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

VIP theatres - adults only AFAIK - lisc probably means licensed to serve alcohol. Meant to attract people who don't want to have a restaurant date.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 140
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 5:03:08 PM   
Macclan5

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

VIP theatres - adults only AFAIK - lisc probably means licensed to serve alcohol. Meant to attract people who don't want to have a restaurant date.

Whoa - talk about insightful !

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 141
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/6/2017 5:58:19 PM   
witpqs

Thanks, guys. There are two movie theaters nearby. One is fairly new and modern. The other closed down about 8 or 9 years ago then reopened a couple of years back after extensive renovation into a VIP sort of deal. I haven't been there yet but I've only heard about luxurious seating and so on. The adult focus would make sense for them.

(in reply to Macclan5)
Post #: 142
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 7:58:45 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

It's not widely-known but the man who was in command of the Dunkirk evacuation, Admiral Ramsay, was also in command for operation Neptune. sadly he was killed in a plane crash in 1944

Interesting. Is that the role played by Kenneth Branaugh in the trailers?
warspite1

Ramsay, as Vice-Admiral Dover, wouldn't have been at Dunkirk, he was orchestrating the operation from Dover.

I assume that Branagh is William Tennant (he of HMS Repulse - Force Z fame) or a similar character. Tennant directed evacuation operations from the beaches as Senior Naval Officer Dunkirk.

In the 1958 movie, the room where Ramsay runs the operation from is the actual room used IRL.
This rates as one of the best war movies made, with a few small mistakes the equipment used is from the right period (prolly still first line gear fro the British Army at that point), despite a few chances for "German atrocities, ie wounded left behind, this doesnt happen. I would assume that the British Army provided troops for the beach scenes, it really looks like there are thousands on the beach.

As for the BoB movie, they couldnt make it better now. Not mentioned is the closing "credits" listing the Nationalities of the Allied pilots who died, truly the Empire defending the United Kingdom.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 143
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 10:06:26 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

Mike

warspite1

The problem was realised before the war, but in Hitler's mad rush to take over Europe there was not the time or the resources to fix the problem. Fact was in 1935 there was 1 vehicle for every 65 Germans, and on the outbreak of war that had only increased to 1 in 47. In Britain those numbers were 1 in 23 and 1 in 14 and even higher in France. For the US it was 1 in 5 and 1 in 3.

Why was this a problem? Well the fewer cars per populace, the fewer drivers, the fewer mechanics, the fewer factories and assembly lines, spare parts and workshops. The factories needed to pump out the motor vehicles required by the army took time to build up and so did all the ancillary items that were needed to go with them. And of course there was the added complication that the air force and the navy were also competing for the limited resources.

Oberst Adolf von Schell was made Plenipotentiary for Motor Vehicles and he spent time in Detroit seeing how Ford worked and what Germany needed if they were to bring the army into the 20th Century. The German motor industry had too many companies making too many different types of vehicle with the result that the precious few resources to go round were not being used to best effect. Outside of the panzer and motorised divisions an over reliance upon horses was the result.

Also also let us not forget the German usage of numerous foreign trucks (French, Czech etc.) that were also used until they broke down due to overuse and lack of spare parts and maintenance...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 144
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 4:18:13 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not widely-known but the man who was in command of the Dunkirk evacuation, Admiral Ramsay, was also in command for operation Neptune. sadly he was killed in a plane crash in 1944

warspite1

Ramsay, as Vice-Admiral Dover, wouldn't have been at Dunkirk, he was orchestrating the operation from Dover.

I assume that Branagh is William Tennant (he of HMS Repulse - Force Z fame) or a similar character. Tennant directed evacuation operations from the beaches as Senior Naval Officer Dunkirk.

In the 1958 movie, the room where Ramsay runs the operation from is the actual room used IRL.
This rates as one of the best war movies made, with a few small mistakes the equipment used is from the right period (prolly still first line gear fro the British Army at that point), despite a few chances for "German atrocities, ie wounded left behind, this doesnt happen. I would assume that the British Army provided troops for the beach scenes, it really looks like there are thousands on the beach.

As for the BoB movie, they couldnt make it better now. Not mentioned is the closing "credits" listing the Nationalities of the Allied pilots who died, truly the Empire defending the United Kingdom.
warspite1

Not to forget the other nationalities, of which the Polish and Czech contribution stands out.

The end credits for the Battle of Britain contains as fine piece of music as you will find anywhere in cinema history. Kleenex at the ready....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLDZkypBHnw

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 145
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 4:26:32 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

Mike

warspite1

Also also let us not forget the German usage of numerous foreign trucks (French, Czech etc.) that were also used until they broke down due to overuse and lack of spare parts and maintenance...

Leo "Apollo11"
warspite1

....and the tanks too. How many divisions relied upon Czech tanks? and French tanks were also used (although I don't know if the latter equipped panzer divisions.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 146
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 5:07:16 PM   
Skyros

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Not to forget the other nationalities, of which the Polish and Czech contribution stands out.

The end credits for the Battle of Britain contains as fine piece of music as you will find anywhere in cinema history. Kleenex at the ready....

Repeat Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pplBZu0oU

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 147
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 6:13:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Repeat Please.

warspite1

Sure.

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 148
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 7:12:52 PM   
Skyros

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Repeat Please.

warspite1

Sure.

To quote the squadron leader: "Silence in Polish"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 149
RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! - 6/7/2017 7:34:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

warspite1

To me, the nationality that most stands out is the Australian contingent. 21 participants with 14 fatalities? That's a pretty high ratio. Vagaries of war, training, unit issues, being outnumbered, what?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Dunkirk the Movie! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI