Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/3/2017 5:29:07 AM   
Kothyxaan

Ok I tried your exe again (but save game has moved on so it is now a ship and not a station that is in battle). Fighters, as normal do nothing. I tried alt+4 (with my ship being the slected ship, and clicking on the enemy ship with alt+4 held, i tried the same wirth both left and right click) I tried ctr+a, i tried ctr+a with the same process above. The fighters are still not attacking.

I tend to use fighter bays a lot in my designs, I love my little wasps with their pew pew guns, so it is crippling me.

Also, they are not attacking with all their weapons (that is also their setting from the design screen). When I switch exe and attack, things die a lot quicker. I thought it may have been because they were trying to board, but it wasnt (because when I right clicked to board, the enemy ship got boarded and my ship stopped attacking). Aye, you can see all weapons fire with normal exe, your exe they dont. Also when I switch exes, some of the ships dissapear (one I was fighting was gone, another one was still there).

So eh... I wonder if this is just happening with me (I did mod the mod I use: added research and changed a couple of things there, and components)

Is anyone else having these problems? Maybe someone who can explain better with more of knowledge of the game (it has been ages since I have played).

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/3/2017 5:36:00 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 121
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/3/2017 1:11:51 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kothyxaan

Ok I tried your exe again (but save game has moved on so it is now a ship and not a station that is in battle). Fighters, as normal do nothing. I tried alt+4 (with my ship being the slected ship, and clicking on the enemy ship with alt+4 held, i tried the same wirth both left and right click) I tried ctr+a, i tried ctr+a with the same process above. The fighters are still not attacking.

Select the ship you want to be your target and press alt-4. Then select the fighter or carrier or fleet you want to give attack orders to and press alt-5 or alt-6 depending on what you want to send to attack the target. No need to hold keys down when clicking on ships. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
quote:

I tend to use fighter bays a lot in my designs, I love my little wasps with their pew pew guns, so it is crippling me.

Also, they are not attacking with all their weapons (that is also their setting from the design screen). When I switch exe and attack, things die a lot quicker. I thought it may have been because they were trying to board, but it wasnt (because when I right clicked to board, the enemy ship got boarded and my ship stopped attacking). Aye, you can see all weapons fire with normal exe, your exe they dont.

Also when I switch exes, some of the ships dissapear (one I was fighting was gone, another one was still there).

The ship disappearing when you switch exes is probably because it has a hyperjump pending and once you swith to the no gravity wells exe then the ship jumps away immediately.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 122
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/4/2017 6:41:08 AM   
Kothyxaan

Right that worked (alt-4, alt-5 or 6), but I would need to micro manage my fighters all the time (and twice it works, once it didnt).
For some reason when I set my ships to attack, their just using tractor beam (their settings are to use all weapons for stronger and weaker enemies, so the range things cant be the problem). Normal exe attacks fine.

The dissapearing ships makes complete sense now! Cheers.

I love what you have done (the boarding fix, the extra weapons for cargo ships, increased sizes of non military ships based on race,the stars hyper denial - maybe those t
manual options you have added have disrupted something in the game?) but I think for my pew pews and the attacking thing, Ill need to stick with normal exe

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 123
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/4/2017 1:46:40 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Right that worked (alt-4, alt-5 or 6), but I would need to micro manage my fighters all the time (and twice it works, once it didnt).
For some reason when I set my ships to attack, their just using tractor beam (their settings are to use all weapons for stronger and weaker enemies, so the range things cant be the problem). Normal exe attacks fine.

I forgot to mention that if the fighter/bomber has a "return to carrier" order it will ignore orders to attack. That's because I simulate the out of ammo condition by forcing a return to carrier. You can get around this by setting the ammoExhaustChance to zero in the BaconSettings.txt.
If you turn on the automated flight ops alt-a the bombers should work like in vanilla DWU.
I really have no idea why the ships are not attacking and only using tractor beams. I didn't modify weapons or firing logic. Remind me again, are you using my mod in conjunction with another mod? If so, try mine alone in a game and see if you still get that behavior.

quote:

...but I think for my pew pews and the attacking thing, Ill need to stick with normal exe

Alright. Sorry things didn't work out for you.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 124
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/4/2017 3:08:53 PM   
Kothyxaan

Alt+A... ah that works good! I was trying ctr+A (thats what I was looking for, for the fighters).
PS: You have it down as "Automate flight ops: control-A will automate flight ops for the currently selected carrier."
On page 2 here, might want to edit that

Never mind all I said, weapons are attacking fine, all is good.
The Alt+A is a good work around, fiddly, but more than acceptable considering everything this mod gives.

And holy sh*t, you added ship experience levels (I definitely want this mod to work now)! This is something I always thought would be nice. Why did I miss this?

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/5/2017 4:24:55 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 125
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 7:39:54 AM   
Kothyxaan

One possible issue; the building of civilian ships by the player (seems to be only the miners though).

In the ship building screen it showed I had 7 gas/ore miners along with other civilian ships).
I allowed the advisor to have his way and allowed the building of all the various civvy ships my advisor recommended.
I went back into the ship building screen, there was no longer a demand for any of the other civvy ships, except for the mining ships; they still showed up as having only 7 of each made.
So I allowed the advisor to have his way again, and allowed the construction of more mining ships.
I noticed that mining ships were being made (through the message/notification box).
I went back into ship building screen, it still only showed 7 mining ships of each type and the advisor still wanted more built.
I checked the ship management screen, and I had way more than 7 of each mining ships.
I then noticed that my income was now in the red.
So I had a look into the empire screen.
I found that I had major maintenance fees for state ships.
Looking below at the state ships costs breakdown, the value did not add up. The total values from the information below did not add up to the grand total - the grand total was 3 times more than what it should have been, going by all other information.
I think for some reason the mining ships I had been building were not registering in the ship building screen, but they sure were registering in my state ship maintenance fees (I do not believe the maintenance fees were being added to the private sector).
I scraped every single mining ship (well I sent them to be dissassembled... well I want my resources back!).
My income started to rise again, but then I needed to get ready for work.
I will need to test this more when I get home, for now, alas, I am at work.

Also, something else I need to test. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that civvy ships with guns were not counted as armed ships to the AI empires; but they may be.
I have had a lot of requests from empires to remove my military ships - the only ships I found in the system they mentioned were freighters in nearly every case (the odd explorer; but that was much rarer).
It might just be a delay from when the empire got annoyed and my checking though... as I said - I need to test this.

Nothing game breaking, just something to be aware of.
I still love the mod and would not play without it my poor pew pew's though

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/7/2017 7:48:07 AM >

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 126
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 12:44:55 PM   
RogerBacon

Hi Kothyxaan,

Thanks for pointing this out. I never play with advisor suggestions on so I have not noticed this. Most likely you are correct; the advisor does not factor in state ships when determining how many of a particular class of civilian ship you need. I included the ability to manually build civilian ships mostly for when the player absolutely needs a one or two of a type right away and the AI is taking its time building them. As you noticed, YOU PAY for private ship types you build yourself, rather than the private sector so be sure to only build what you want and are willing to maintain. For me, usually two or three gas miners are enough.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 127
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 8:07:30 PM   
massey

hey, nice mod. great features. I have had a repeatable CTD though.
"System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.BuildNewFighters(BuiltObject carrier)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
at DistantWorlds.Main.method_86(DateTime dateTime_7, Int64 long_1, BuiltObjectList builtObjectList_1, Boolean bool_28)
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
"

i'm using the 'Unleashed extended' mod with some personal tweaks. nothing related to fighters though. I haven't included any of your 'theme' files. Its not when I am building fighters ( I have none yet, Double checked) so I guess its an AI player. I had a save file that repeats this error and had it in a previous test run.

Any pointers on what it is would be great. I don't want to switch back to the old exe because I really like the other features.
on that point, could I suggest a feature? could you expand ship search to include a system/planet search? I know this could be used as an exploit by some to find loros and what not, but in a recent play I had some AI offering trade deals and I couldn't find the stations and systems they where talking about.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 128
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 9:42:09 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: massey

hey, nice mod. great features. I have had a repeatable CTD though.
"System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
at DistantWorlds.Main.method_86(DateTime dateTime_7, Int64 long_1, BuiltObjectList builtObjectList_1, Boolean bool_28)
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()
"

i'm using the 'Unleashed extended' mod with some personal tweaks. nothing related to fighters though. I haven't included any of your 'theme' files. Its not when I am building fighters ( I have none yet, Double checked) so I guess its an AI player. I had a save file that repeats this error and had it in a previous test run.

Thank you for the report. I have determined the problem and will fix it in the next patch (probably next week if I can find some time).
The issue here is that the game is calculating how many fighters or bombers to build for a ship or base. It divides the total ship capacity by fighter size but fighter size is not being set properly, most likely due to either fighter or bomber design not having been researched by the ship's empire. Does that mod unlock fighters and bombers separately?

quote:

Any pointers on what it is would be great. I don't want to switch back to the old exe because I really like the other features.
on that point, could I suggest a feature? could you expand ship search to include a system/planet search? I know this could be used as an exploit by some to find loros and what not, but in a recent play I had some AI offering trade deals and I couldn't find the stations and systems they where talking about.

I believe the ship locator already finds planets. Check and see. Remember, it will only find thigns athat are visable/known so if you have never discovered a system it won't reveal it.

(in reply to massey)
Post #: 129
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 9:55:03 PM   
massey

Thanks for both answers, I was just reading back over your posts and I had guessed it might have something to do with separate fighter/bomber research. Have you hardcoded something in relation to your bomber bay? I might change the mod (unleashed extended) myself to set a precursor research that includes fighters and bombers before it splits the research. That should fix the error?

I'm lucky to have come back to distant worlds just as someone was making some very interesting changes!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 130
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2017 10:04:49 PM   
massey

As a followup. 'Unleashed extended' has research that enables the hangar and then separate research to enable fighters. which I think is weird anyway. I'll just make the hangar research enable the basic fighters & bomber..

(in reply to massey)
Post #: 131
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/8/2017 1:45:03 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: massey

As a followup. 'Unleashed extended' has research that enables the hangar and then separate research to enable fighters. which I think is weird anyway. I'll just make the hangar research enable the basic fighters & bomber..

Yes, that should fix the problem.
I've already made a change to avoid the divide by zero error and will release the next patch next week.

(in reply to massey)
Post #: 132
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2017 1:05:50 PM   
Kothyxaan

right the mod im using has this component:

130, All Dimension Fighter Bay, 130, 0, , 19, 45, 5, 60, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 20, 17, 7, 16, 4,

from this research:
PROJECT ;375, Natural Flight Integration, 2, 22, 0, 7, 0, 0.0,
COMPONENTS ;130
FIGHTERS ;14, 17
ABILITIES ;Dedicated Carriers, 3, 3, 0, 0
ALLOWED RACES ;Caleph
PARENTS ;57, N

^the allowed races is something i put in for reasons i cant be bothered going into.
How Would I make that have a seperate bomber bay?
With what I can see you have done. You have added an extra component to each of the fighter bay researches and added the bays as components.. would it be as simple as that?
I would make a copy of the All Dimension Fighter Bay, rename if the All Dimension Bomber Bay and add the component to the research bit above?
Or do you have something specific in the exe that would mean it would not happen?

I hope that made sense.

TESTED and works.
Thing is, the AI will just use the Fighter bays. I started the game with tech level 7 and all my ships with hangars were just using the fighter bays. Which means the AI will do the same. All of one type.

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/9/2017 1:28:19 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 133
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2017 2:23:29 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

TESTED and works.
Thing is, the AI will just use the Fighter bays. I started the game with tech level 7 and all my ships with hangars were just using the fighter bays. Which means the AI will do the same. All of one type.

Any component of type "FighterBay" that has the word "Bomber" in the name will produce bombers. Otherwise it will produce fighters. Since there is no way to tell the AI to use one or the other I make an exception for the AI and it keeps the 50%/50% Fighter/ Bomber split on its ships regardless of the fact that all of its bays are fighter bays.

In the next version of hte mod 1.2 (hopefully coming out tomorrow) I am reversing the manual/automated flight ops so it will be more logical. Default will be automatic flight ops like in unmodified DWU. Setting alt-A (*) for a ship or base will enable manual flight ops and bombers won't fly missions unless you manually assign them.

< Message edited by RogerBacon -- 6/9/2017 2:24:34 PM >

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 134
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/9/2017 3:17:53 PM   
Kothyxaan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

quote:

TESTED and works.

Any component of type "FighterBay" that has the word "Bomber" in the name will produce bombers. Otherwise it will produce fighters. Since there is no way to tell the AI to use one or the other I make an exception for the AI and it keeps the 50%/50% Fighter/ Bomber split on its ships regardless of the fact that all of its bays are fighter bays.

In the next version of hte mod 1.2 (hopefully coming out tomorrow) I am reversing the manual/automated flight ops so it will be more logical. Default will be automatic flight ops like in unmodified DWU. Setting alt-A (*) for a ship or base will enable manual flight ops and bombers won't fly missions unless you manually assign them.

Nice work man, looking forward to the new release
I was hoping it was as simple as that, because I could see anything else that would explain how the game would know what goes where (bomber/fighters thing).
Ah... ok... I was worried my poor AI opponents were getting gimped
Thanks again.

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/9/2017 3:18:23 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 135
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 6:29:01 AM   
Kothyxaan

Tested private ships with guns in other empires domains.
It is based on firepower. I made a freighter ship that could barely move with a gun and went to the editor and dropped it off into another empires land.
Empire was not bothered.
I dropped another few, and eventually it got bothered.
It seems to be based on how much firepower you have in their system before they send you warnings about your military presence (and perhaps how much they like you).
PD weapons do not seem to count.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 136
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 1:39:54 PM   
Azik

It is really awesome to see these changes.
However, i am using the mod "Retreat1970's Unleashed Extended II + AI research orders".

I cannot seem to figure out, how to install bacon's mod to avoid errors.
Can someone explain what files to replace or change manually ?

Edit:
Autohotkey can be used to toggle the new Message-Boxes / Info-Windows:

I am using a script like this to toggle the new Mission Information Window with the F6 Key, that i have mapped to a mouse button:

----------------------------------
#ifwinactive Mission Information
$F6::
send {Enter}
return

#ifwinactive Distant Worlds
$F6::
send {RAlt Down}{Enter}{RAlt Up}
return
------------------------------------

< Message edited by Azik -- 6/10/2017 5:29:04 PM >

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 137
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 6:21:17 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Azik

It is really awesome to see these changes.
However, i am using the mod "Retreat1970's Unleashed Extended II + AI research orders".

I cannot seem to figure out, how to install bacon's mod to avoid errors.
Can someone explain what files to replace or change manually ?

That's great about autohotkey.

What sort of error are you getting trying to merge the mods?
Other than the exe and the accompanying text files, the only other piece is the BaconWorld folder. In there I added two components (BomberBay and advanced BomberBay), added those component unlocks to the tech that unlocks the fighterBay and advanced FighterBay, and tripled the damage of all Bombers (to account for their now limited ammo).
The easiest way to merge the mods would be to copy my exe and all the text files and then manually add the two new components and research unlocks to your mod's components.txt and research.txt. Then update the bomber damage in fighters.txt if desired.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 138
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 6:32:17 PM   
RogerBacon

[Update 2017-06-10]
Version 1.2 released
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zae5ooy8ar9baeq/Bacon%20mod%20for%20Distant%20Worlds%20Universe%201.2.zip?dl=0

1 Fixed a divide by zero error when combining Bacon Mod with another mod that unlocks fighters and bombers separately.

2 Non-military ships no longer add to your empire's overall military strength on the empire report screen. The number should now be more reflective of true military strength.

3 Only military ships wlll be counted for determining if you are trespassing in another's territory.

4 Default fighter & bomber behavior is now the same as vanilla DWU. i.e. they will attack targets until you set them to manual mode (alt-a). This will be true even if you turn the fleet over to AI control so be sure to turn the carriers off manual before you switch back to AI control or else your carriers won't launch their fighters.

5 Added a new command "!nukem" to the shipfinder. Typing this will destroy all ships and bases except for those with a character on board. This is a good way to get rid of all those powerful space wrecks when playing story mode. Note that this is experimental. An early version I had about a month ago seemed to cause crashes in my game about 19-23 years in. I think it was because of orphaned characters when I nuked ALL ships but I have not had a chance to test it out. If you get consistent crashes with a message about character skill level then don't use this. I think it should be OK though.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 139
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 8:00:09 PM   
Azik

I only installed the exe and the txt files (unachanged)for now, skipping the component changes.

But i am having a weird Problem now.
When my Explorers hyper to a nearby star System, they dont actually explore the System.
I can watch them fly from System Body to System Body, while not seeing the Bodys themselves.
Even the minimap is showing the star System as [not explored] while my Explorer is flying from System Body to System Body ...
Is it possible that the new no-hyper Zone is somehow interfering with Exploration ?

This is with Version 1.2 of your exe, which i just downloaded. I dont know how 1.1 behaves, but if i replace the exe with the original exe, Exploration works normally.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 140
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 8:21:17 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

I only installed the exe and the txt files (unachanged)for now, skipping the component changes.

But i am having a weird Problem now.
When my Explorers hyper to a nearby star System, they dont actually explore the System.
I can watch them fly from System Body to System Body, while not seeing the Bodys themselves.
Even the minimap is showing the star System as [not explored] while my Explorer is flying from System Body to System Body ...
Is it possible that the new no-hyper Zone is somehow interfering with Exploration ?

This is with Version 1.2 of your exe, which i just downloaded. I dont know how 1.1 behaves, but if i replace the exe with the original exe, Exploration works normally.

Yes, I've seen this from time to time. It is irritating but your ship is exploring the system. Here is what is happening...
For some unknown reason sometimes when a ship comes out of hyperspace the game fails to assign it to the system in which is has arrived. If you have at least one ship in the system that the game recognizes as being in the system you will never notice the problem because the system will be visible. I don't know why this happens but I'll take another shot and finding it next week. Until then, if you really need to see the system you can have the ship jump out and jump back in. That will give it another chance to have its system set properly. Even if I can't find the cause of the problem I believe I can provide a workaround. I'd really like to find the solution though.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 141
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/10/2017 8:25:57 PM   
Azik

Thanks for the confirmation.
It cant be too rare tho. In my current game None of the Initial waves of 4 Explorers worked.

Edit:
I tried disabling the Gravity Well in the Settings.txt. It didnt help.
I noticed that sometimes an Explorer actually explored the System, uncovering the System Bodys, but after a while the same System turns back into unexplored Status, hiding all Bodys again.

< Message edited by Azik -- 6/11/2017 1:02:20 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 142
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/11/2017 1:02:44 PM   
Azik

As the Exploration-bug was 100% reproducable in my game, i tried playing around with the BaconSettings.txt in order to see, if i could avoid the bug somehow.
It seems, the bug only happens when either
- Gravity Wells are turned on, or
- HyperJumpThreshhold is higher then the vanilla 2000

So if i turn off Gravity Wells and set HyperJumpThreshhold to 2000 it seems exploring works normally.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 143
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/11/2017 11:21:35 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

As the Exploration-bug was 100% reproducable in my game, i tried playing around with the BaconSettings.txt in order to see, if i could avoid the bug somehow.
It seems, the bug only happens when either
- Gravity Wells are turned on, or
- HyperJumpThreshhold is higher then the vanilla 2000

So if i turn off Gravity Wells and set HyperJumpThreshhold to 2000 it seems exploring works normally.

Hi. Thanks for the information. I'm doing some testing with a possible fix. I assumed the problem was with gravity wells (it seems everything is) but I'm surprised that the hyperjump threshold affects it too. I've been playing with modified hyperjump threshold since Distant Worlds Legends and never had the issue come up.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 144
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/12/2017 1:00:20 PM   
RogerBacon

Hi.

I've run three game starts where I use all my money to buy exploration ships and send them out. None of them have the bug of failing to reveal explored territory so I think that one is now fixed. Also, I played a game to 21 years and I didn't have any crashes doe to using the !nukem command so I think I can remove the warning form that one. It looks like it works now.

Look for a new version later this week.
Changes:
Fixed bug where ships sometimes do not reveal the system they are in.
Only military ships will count toward triggering the "Get your ships out of my territory" warning.
Only military ships will count toward calculation of an empire's overall firepower.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 145
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/14/2017 7:52:03 PM   
RogerBacon

I'm putting the final touches on the next patch for the BaconMod. One thing that I've been trying to do for a while is to darken the Diplomacy screen because some of the colors make the text totally unreadable. Well, I was finally successful. Here's a screenshot. The one on the left is the new, darker, background.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 146
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/14/2017 9:36:43 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

great fix this last one !!!!!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 147
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/15/2017 8:06:38 AM   
Azik

nice.
I will start a new game, when you release your patch.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 148
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/15/2017 7:29:44 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.3 Released
Link in First post.

Fixed bug where ships sometimes do not reveal the system they are in.
Only military ships will count toward triggering the "Get your ships out of my territory" warning.
Only military ships will count toward calculation of an empire's overall firepower.
Diplomacy screen slightly darker and should be easier to read if Shadow=false in BaconSettings.txt

New Commands for shipFinder:

!clear This will clear the mission for the currently selected ship.
!bringonthebugs This will set the beacon for the Shakturi immediately, instead of waiting until normal game conditions warrant.
!gogobugs This will spawn the Shakturi immediately and remove any Shakturi beacon in present.
!placebugs This will plane the Shakturi homeworld on the currently selected planet if the Shakturi aren't already in the game

Note that all the SHakturi related commands will only work in story mode, obviously.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 149
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/18/2017 7:17:44 PM   
Sabranan

Got a new minor issue in 1.3, to reproduce this:

1) Start a new game
2) Exit to main menu
3) Start another new game

This always causes a crash with the following error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Start.method_76(Galaxy galaxy_0, Empire empire_0)
at DistantWorlds.Start.method_77(Game game_1)
at DistantWorlds.Start.btnStartNewGameStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1648.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager/1.0.0.0__ef07ce3257ee81c1/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager.dll
DistantWorlds
Assembly Version: 1.9.5.12
Win32 Version: 1.9.5.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.EXE
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DistantWorlds.Controls
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL
DistantWorlds.Types
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
DW_Steam
Assembly Version: 1.0.5257.18237
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DW_Steam.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll
System.Management
Win32 Version: 4.6.1649.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
BaconDistantWorlds
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/BaconDistantWorlds.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI