Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assaulting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Assaulting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assaulting - 5/22/2001 6:36:00 AM   
Cona

When the infantry is at one hexagon of distance of an armored one, it always assaulted him for defect, either opportunity fire or not (in the version 5.01 my infantry doesn't always assault the armored ones during the turn of the IA). But given the modifications of the version 5.01, it is much but efficient that the infantry doesn't assault that armored, but rather it uses its antitank weapons "at distance." Does somebody know how to make this? Does it work to use the key " C "? The key " Z " not, because it attacks the area and not directly the enemy unit. Saludos a Todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand
Post #: 1
- 5/22/2001 12:04:00 PM   
lnp4668

In my long victory campaign using rangers, I found that it is much better for my infantry to shoot at enemy tanks' flank and rear by using the "c" key then the # for the bazooka. This way, it is often one shot, one kill, while assaulting often result in a failure. However, if your troop don't have a good AT weapon, assault is often the only option.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 2
- 5/23/2001 1:16:00 AM   
Timo

I just ran a quick test to confirm something about the assault routine: MG teams never close assault vehicles while inf-AT:s do, often with less-than-optimal results. :rolleyes: Maybe they should work more like the MGs -shoot normally with high chance of hitting instead of assaulting with often dismal performance. Just a thought. Timo

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 3
- 5/23/2001 2:40:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Timo: I just ran a quick test to confirm something about the assault routine: MG teams never close assault vehicles while inf-AT:s do, often with less-than-optimal results. :rolleyes: Maybe they should work more like the MGs -shoot normally with high chance of hitting instead of assaulting with often dismal performance. Just a thought. Timo
What other 2 man team can get upwards of 25-30% chance to kill an afv? In my experiance the ptrd teams that the Soviets use can take out Tigers all too easily. This seems to be a leave it alone item, people see it from opposite sides depending on how they have been affected by it. thanks, John.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 4
- 5/23/2001 5:58:00 AM   
murx

Uhm, designated AT-teams shall have high assault values - that is the idea behind 'AT-teams' - at least in German doctrine. One guy gives small arms cover/spotter/diversion for infantry the other gets as close as he can and get's of a point blank shot. Assault doesn't always mean the guys crawl up the tank and drop a grenade down the hatch - but a very close attack on the tank. This idea lived at leats until 1968 in the German army and I think the idea works against unsupported tanks without passive IR systems at night. murx

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 5
- 5/23/2001 10:12:00 AM   
Alexandra

This idea lived at leats until 1968 in the German army and I think the idea works against unsupported tanks without passive IR systems at night. It worked in '73 when the Egtypyian AT teams retaught the Israeli's why you don't use tanks without infantry support. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 6
- 5/23/2001 10:26:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Also remeber that when you use direct fire you ahve to roll to hit...and then for the effects of penetration. A succesful Assault is at least an immobilization and usually a kill straight away.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Assaulting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI