Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign - issues?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign - issues? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign - i... - 6/12/2017 9:32:23 PM   
moose99

Hi

I'm considering editing the stock 1939 campaign to use weekly turns (still alternate, though).
Do you modding veterans have a simple answer as to the consequences of such a tweak?
Would it completely mess up the timing and balance of the campaign after a few years because everybody would get way too many MPP points as they would be harvesting every week all year round?
I'm guessing weekly turns would mean 26 MPP harvests, compared to 17 with the stock campaign model.
Or am I reading the campaign MPP mechanics wrong here...?
Post #: 1
RE: Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign... - 6/13/2017 10:44:32 AM   
gonzoo

I did it and even try to lower MPP, but you need to slow science, diplomacy, MPP, etc. But if you try to mod on this way, it should be great.

(in reply to moose99)
Post #: 2
RE: Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign... - 6/15/2017 2:25:19 PM   
gwgardner

Try the Turmoil mod, it has weekly but not alternating turns.

(in reply to gonzoo)
Post #: 3
RE: Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign... - 6/17/2017 3:48:38 PM   
moose99

Thanks for the input, guys.
I wil check out the Turmoil mod - thats for sure.
And I might play with the idea of creating a "simple" mod of the 1939 campaign, only changed for weekly, alternate turns and with adjusted science, MPP etc.
I really like the stock 39 campaign, just can't get used to the looong jumps in time in the off-seasons.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 4
RE: Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign... - 6/17/2017 9:07:40 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

can't get used to the looong jumps in time in the off-seasons.

Maybe you never will, but the benefit is that you don't have to sit thru weekly turns of bad weather from October to April.

(in reply to moose99)
Post #: 5
RE: Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign... - 6/21/2017 3:53:04 PM   
wurger54

I'm currently playing a mod with weekly turns (alternating) and lowered transportation costs. It took a couple of tries, as the convoy routes kept disappearing. I'm reasonable happy with the results. Will tweek diplomacy and research some on my second swing. I like the increased unit density of having more production points.

Wurger

(in reply to moose99)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Noob question - weekly turns for the stock campaign - issues? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI