Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/21/2017 2:32:36 PM   
crispy131313

It appears the Italians have opted to take a defensive positions against the British in North Africa. As the British drive towards Tobruk it is a little concerning that an Italian Tank Corps has crossed the border into French Algeria rather than reinforcing their defensive position along the Egyptian border. Will the German's risk an "All of France" gambit in these early years of war or is this merely a distraction?

In the Mediterranean it appears the Italian Navy has looked for sanctuary in port while the combined French & British Navy have their way of sea lanes. Both a French and Italian Battleship were sunk in engagements.

Near Paris, German Tanks have made their way to the Western Gates of the City and the Luftwaffe have been reportedly closing their range for what is expected to be a massive air bombardment of the city as part of a large scale offensive to take the Capital in late July 1940.

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/22/2017 3:03:14 AM   
crispy131313

July 28, 1940

The Axis Make Bold Moves, The Allies Stumble

I was not planning on posting each turn but there is much going on right now!

Germany has boldly tossed aside the proposal of Vichy France after the fall of Paris, forcing the French into full panicked retreat. I have never defended this move (I mainly play AI) so I am forced to learn now, and have already made my first mistakes. A UK Infantry Corps sailing from Bordeaux destined to relieve the Garrison at Gibraltar was ambushed by German U-Boats just miles from the coast of Bordeaux. The Corps was very badly damaged, but worse in a rookie mistake Gibraltar was already abandoned expecting reinforcements. The result is Franco swinging to the Axis and a pop-up announcing to my opponent Franco's motivation for the diplomatic swing (The Allies abandon Gibraltar). Allied Destroyer Groups at the very least did help me save some dignity by sinking 1 of the 2 U-boat groups found lurking in France's coastal waters. We expect the Infantry Corps to be sunk at sea in Axis retaliation next turn.

In North Africa we maintain the initiate along the Libyan/Egyptian border and also received news that the Italians are facing supply shortages East of Tobruk (the Italians declined a Decision to prepare themselves for an offensives into Egypt). To the West a surprisingly strong Italian Army Group is pushing towards the city of Tunis. The French Capital is currently at Algiers where Admiral Darlan is planning defensive strategies.

Some final bad news; Graf Spee has returned to port in the Baltic Sea and is once again at the disposal of the Kriegsmarine.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 6/22/2017 3:41:20 AM >

Post #: 32
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/22/2017 12:58:43 PM   
BPINisBACK

I attach two pics:

- The first one is the "big picture" of the invasion of France. As i told before. French forces "show me" the way to enter in the country. So i get Paris thanks to a big travel close to the Sea. My secondary attacks found more resistence but i could isolate 2 armies and 2 corps at the north of Paris.
As the French forces retreat, by their own, from Maginot line. I could enter in the east of France easily.
This picture is from July, 21th.

- The second one is one month later. Italian forces enters in Tunisia from the south meanwhile german paratroopers isolate the capital of Tunisia. The city will fall very soon! :)
British press hard over Tobruk... I am not very sure if i will be able to resist enough time...
Meanwhile german forces "clear" France bit a bit...

This game will be long... I am pretty sure about it! :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 33
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/22/2017 4:36:34 PM   
BillRunacre

Loving it so far, and your screenshots too!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 34
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/23/2017 2:58:21 AM   
crispy131313

August 25, 1940

Germany continues to stomp the French

With the entirety of Northern and Central France conquered by Germany, only small pockets of resistance remain in Southern France. As expected I have no answers to the German juggernaut which mops up French units at will.

A short Battle of Biscay between Allied Destroyers and Multiple U-boat units has ended, and I am happy to report the British Corps which was ambushed by U-boats in the area and originally en route to Gibraltar has survived. The earlier reported German U-boat Group which was sunk was the only major casualty.

Germany has finally crossed the Mediterranean, dropping not 2 but 3 Paratrooper Units to attack French controlled Tunis. Meanwhile the Italian Army Group with HQ and air support has also descended upon the port city. Admiral Darlan, charged with the defense of French controlled North Africa must be worried about the proximity of German troops to the new French Capital of Algiers.

Meanwhile in Libya, the British are actually having success (no German units have yet arrived). An Italian Infantry Corps is destroyed and the Italian HQ is now more vulnerable to attack. The British are hoping Italian supply will soon falter after continually bombing the coastal towns from Air and Sea.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 35
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 1:47:54 AM   
crispy131313

September 22, 1940

Germany has fully conquered mainland France after the last of the French soldiers have evacuated to regroup. It is yet to be seen what further commitments Germany will make against French forces holding out in Algeria while the Italians stumble near Tobruk without German assistance.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 36
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 2:46:27 PM   
crispy131313

December 19, 1940

French North Africa

Germany has committed significant forces to French North Africa and I feel my opponent may feel the urgent need to end the war with France very soon.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 37
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 3:07:00 PM   
crispy131313

December 19, 1940

Italian North Africa

The Italians are spared no breathing room as British forces continue to march West from Tobruk. Will Germany send even more forces to North Africa to rescue Italy?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 38
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 7:52:21 PM   
tog34

You better start to make Egypt a stronghold, I have a feeling once the French have lost their colonies, they'll be turning around to hit you hard. Stand strong in the face of danger. I'm enjoying this and I like you're style with the pictures!

Post #: 39
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 9:28:42 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: tog34

You better start to make Egypt a stronghold, I have a feeling once the French have lost their colonies, they'll be turning around to hit you hard. Stand strong in the face of danger. I'm enjoying this and I like you're style with the pictures!

Thanks, I'm enjoying it on my end too!

The arrival of the DAK plus the strong Army Group already in French North Africa is certainly a force to be reckoned with. I hope that I have made enough in roads with the British that the Axis will not be able to recover.

(in reply to tog34)
Post #: 40
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 9:40:03 PM   
crispy131313

March 3, 1941

The French

It is already the spring of 1941 and the French have still not surrendered, forcing the Axis for to fight for every mile of French North Africa. Despite their valiant efforts, the new French Capital of Algiers will soon fall.

The British

The majority of British activity remains focused on sweeping North Africa of Italian forces. The arrival of the DAK should muddle those efforts.

In the Atlantic increased raiding activity is effecting our convoy income. The German subs have been largely elusive with the exception of some minor skirmishes.

The Soviets

Axis troop activity on the border is beginning to sound alarms that an attack is imminent.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 41
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/24/2017 11:56:43 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Cool counters

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 42
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 12:23:25 AM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: StratComAl

Cool counters

All credit to the counters design goes to Spires who kindly created NATO counters to match changes to the unit structure.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showProfile.asp?memid=52197

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 43
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 7:34:16 AM   
BPINisBACK

March, 24th 1941
FRANCE surrenders (at last!) after heavy attacks of our panzer corps on Algeria.
OKW still feels confident about the war.
Now is time to prepare a new objective... After refitting and prepare the Wermatch.
It's a pity that the Desert Rats went on offesive so soon... But Tripoly it's secure... and who knows...
There was a lot of events durings this turn. It's funny to decide about diplomatic relationships or economy or... to allow the Italians to launch a Sub in Bourdeoux!!
Sub activity is stronger than before... This is also true but, the briths didn't fight at sea until the last turns...

This is the overal map:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 44
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 7:35:17 AM   
BPINisBACK

This is the expeditionary force who make surrender to French in Algeria.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 45
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 7:36:12 AM   
BPINisBACK

Diplo status at the end of March (before French falls)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 46
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 7:37:07 AM   
BPINisBACK

Forces at war after France surrenders.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 47
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 7:38:17 AM   
BPINisBACK

At, finally, our incomes.
We are spending a lot of MPPS in "special task"... OKW wishes that all is going to be all right...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 48
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/25/2017 5:45:26 PM   
crispy131313

May 21, 1941

The East

War on the Eastern Front is about to spark, USSR mobilization is inching upwards and we are now at the end of Spring. Axis Forces are spotted all over the map positioning themselves for attack. With the time allowed to us, the Soviets have prepared as best as we can for the long struggled ahead. Engineers have built defensive lines at Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad and we now await the juggernaut that is the German Army to cross the borders. No invasion into either Yugoslavia or Greece has erased any local distractions, so we expect a very strong commitment to the invasion of USSR.

The West

A build up of German Special Forces have been spotted along the coastline of France, I have been harassing the coastline for consecutive turns to deter any thoughts of Sealion my opponent may have.

The Mediterranean

Spain's entrance into the war is the downside of drawing out France's surrender. Allied forces still linger in Casablanca which should serve as a further distraction for the Axis in former French territory. Meanwhile in Libya only Tripoli remains under Italian control as the British continue to roll forward. I am curious where are the DAK as they have not marched on the British from Tripoli.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 6/25/2017 5:47:20 PM >

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 49
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/26/2017 10:12:57 PM   
SIPRES

Really good AAR, I like the screenshots (briefing style), in one picture you can summarize several game theaters. thats simply perfect.

Post #: 50
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/27/2017 10:13:11 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

Really good AAR, I like the screenshots (briefing style), in one picture you can summarize several game theaters. thats simply perfect.

Thanks! The screenshots kind of just evolved as the AAR went along and I've found the format quite easy to organize my thoughts while also not giving too much away to my opponent with careful placements. And thank you for creating the sprites!

(in reply to SIPRES)
Post #: 51
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/27/2017 10:48:50 PM   
crispy131313

July 1941

Intermission

As my opponent is now traveling for a few days we have taken intermission on the eve of Fall Barbarossa, the much anticipated invasion of USSR. The Axis can not delay much longer as USSR mobilization is increasing with the presence of German troops across the length of our borders. Sparks are about to fly!

The Balkans

Yugoslavia and Greece have been spared Axis aggression and likely will not be joining the conflict in Europe without provocation. This certainly shrinks the soft underbelly of Europe.

Italian North Africa British North Africa

The long march to Tripoli is almost complete. We have spotted from the air a wide array of defense capabilities surrounding the city. The Axis appear determined not to be pushed back into Tunisia.

The Middle East

This has not been a contested theater, but we have been required to provide order over the surrendered French colony of Syria.

Morocco

Strong Axis forces are attempting to sweep away British forces at and around Casablanca. They are more or less doomed but seeing 2 German Tank Corps still in North Africa has proven the distraction successful.

Sealion?

As the Wehrmacht prepare to cross the Soviet borders, it's curious to find the Luftwaffe concentrated in France and attempting to soften British targets across the English channel. Naval skirmishes have commenced, with some Axis Capital ships taken minor damage, and UK submarines sunk mainly by Axis Bombers. My opponent is indeed very bold and I do believe he will try to land on British soil.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 52
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/28/2017 1:36:21 PM   
vonik

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

July 1941

[As the Wehrmacht prepare to cross the Soviet borders, it's curious to find the Luftwaffe concentrated in France and attempting to soften British targets across the English channel.
Naval skirmishes have commenced, with some Axis Capital ships taken minor damage, and UK submarines sunk mainly by Axis Bombers.
My opponent is indeed very bold and I do believe he will try to land on British soil.

Your opponent adopted an EXTREMELY risky strategy which costs him valuable time .
With bombers in France and Panzers in Africa he is not ready at all for Barbarossa and will need at least 4 turns to be strong there .
This could mean slow progress in Russia and this would in turn spell disaster because the Reds will be able to fortify Leningrad and Moscow so that it holds well into 1942 .
And if it does ....

Post #: 53
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 6/28/2017 3:27:21 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonik

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

July 1941

[As the Wehrmacht prepare to cross the Soviet borders, it's curious to find the Luftwaffe concentrated in France and attempting to soften British targets across the English channel.
Naval skirmishes have commenced, with some Axis Capital ships taken minor damage, and UK submarines sunk mainly by Axis Bombers.
My opponent is indeed very bold and I do believe he will try to land on British soil.

Your opponent adopted an EXTREMELY risky strategy which costs him valuable time .
With bombers in France and Panzers in Africa he is not ready at all for Barbarossa and will need at least 4 turns to be strong there .
This could mean slow progress in Russia and this would in turn spell disaster because the Reds will be able to fortify Leningrad and Moscow so that it holds well into 1942 .
And if it does ....

I agree the extra time afforded to USSR is going to be VERY beneficial to my defensive strategy, but Germany is also continuing to earn MPP at 5:1 ratio over USSR and there are more mobile units types available to build then in the stock campaign which could aid in a rapid advance.

The Axis also could hold the tech advantage a little longer then in the stock campaign due to the fact I have staggered research progression to slow gradually, so USSR will take a bit more time to catch up. Overall though, I did expect an earlier DOW on USSR and will be sure to take advantage.

There are also 20 additional Ground Forces (Divisions) that Germany can build. These can be very useful later in the war to help with defense of the coastal regions or form defensive lines, plus additional units available to Italy and Minors which could aide in the same. There is also some opportunity for extra offensive punch, as some events are available develop additional Tank formations of various sizes. so Germany could really spearhead some strong attacks in some regions if they plan it right. Due to build limits if these additional Tank units are destroyed they will likely not be re-built though.

(in reply to vonik)
Post #: 54
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/4/2017 10:36:02 AM   
BPINisBACK

Hello everyone!
Back to war! :)
I know that i am following a very much risky bussines... but, what's life without some of excitement?
Are we talking about a Sealion? Is it all a trap for British to allow AK to reinforce?
Will be Staling the first who broke our treatry?
Or... maybe Werthmatch is still so weak??
Russia is at 70%, Spain is attacking Gibraltar, AK is missing, Luftwaffe is bombing hard the south of England, also some raiding is going on... Our military industry is working at 200%...
A lot of fun is ahead... ;-)
Thanks for following us!

Post #: 55
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/5/2017 12:16:13 AM   
crispy131313

July 15, 1941

The British lost submarines at port in London and some other minor skirmishes continue in the English Channel. German Special Forces have been spotted still on the French Coast. I am curious what is the next move for the Axis? USSR continues to lean towards war, the quite time can not last much longer.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 56
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/5/2017 11:00:51 AM   
crispy131313

July 29, 1941

The British Channel

The Germans have made a daring move attempting to cross the English Channel with Amphibious Transports. The offensive was foiled with the transports either sunk of left in too poor condition to attempt the crossing. With the USSR at 81% the time for German extracurricular activities may be drawing to an end.

North Africa

The DAK thrust forward from Tripoli to meet the British head on with more offensive punch then I had expected. This could be a decisive battle.

The Atlantic

A British Destroyer Group has intercepted the pack of raiding U-boats near the Canary Islands which had been raiding without opposition for some time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 57
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/5/2017 4:17:35 PM   
BPINisBACK

(I apologize because i lost the pictures i have been taking during my time)

Bloody time over the English Channel.

British empire lost more than 1.000 MPP in one single turn. At least 5 ships has been destroyed (plus a Tank Corp in Lybia).

Yes, the british stopped to our men at sea, but they were revenged! Will the british still patrolling the Channel with their ships? And... Where are their planes?

Some of them are in Lybia where they have also CA with great strong. However, Rommel launches a suscesfull attack over the Desert Rats and they are killed.

Gibraltar is Spanish!!!

Axis powers receives about 1.200 MPP per turn, BTW.

Russia is still below 90%!!! :)

This is going to be very interesting!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 58
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/5/2017 10:20:26 PM   
crispy131313

August 12, 1941

The English Channel

The Royal Navy has suffered heavy losses defending the Britain from German amphibious invasion. Germany has proven very dedicated to the invasion indeed.

USSR

The Soviets have seen the Axis forces line their border long enough and have declared war but do not hold the initiative as Germany will strike first. Finally the Soviets can no longer be ignored and Germany will have to divert forces to the vast Eastern Front.

Tripoli

The battle for Tripoli continues with the British avenging the loss of the 7th Armoured Tank Group by destroying the Afrika Panzer Corps. Malta continues to assist in poor supply for our enemy.

Turkey

Both the British and Americans have diverted Military Equipment to Turkey to help ward off any possible plans of German invasion. At the same time British diplomacy (chits) has also helped sway Turkey towards the Allied camp.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 59
RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 - 7/7/2017 2:31:43 AM   
crispy131313

September 9, 1941

Sealion

Axis Air superiority over the English Channel has forced the Royal Navy to retreat and the Axis have taken full advantage launching Sealion! The local defenses around Dover were no match for a combined German/Italian Amphibious and Airborne force supported by the Luftwaffe. The fight for London is well underway!

America Enters The War

Our American allies will not stand idly by while the Axis attempts to invade Britain, they have declared war on the Axis!

Portugal

Spain has invaded Portugal but have not yet marched on the capital, but rather have landed troops in the Azores to prevent Allied reinforcements on the island.

North Africa

As their homeland is invaded, British forces in Libya press onward and have reached the gates of Tripoli. The Axis have had very little success other then the destruction of the 7th Armoured Tank Group.

The Eastern Front

As expected the German invasion of USSR has been met with resistance as the extra time afforded to the Soviets have allowed our border defenses to improve. Interestingly enough the German's are at level 1 infantry. Is this a quantity over quality strategy? Regardless the Axis appear to be winning so far!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/7/2017 3:14:33 AM >

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI