Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Planes changing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Carrier Planes changing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Planes changing - 6/30/2017 12:02:34 AM   
GaPete_slith

OK, I mentioned this in another thread and was asked for some files to show the changes. I now have two files that do. The 02 file is from the return to base phase and the other is from right after the change of turn. If you look at the US carriers, on both coasts, the top number that regulates how many planes, that can base on a carrier, has been cut in half. I noticed earlier, in this very game, that it has now happened to British carrier planes too. One unit was removed from the board entirely. Is this supposed to be happening? It always happens right after production. I don't recall seeing any rules about it.

Attachment (1)

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 6/30/2017 12:03:15 AM   
GaPete_slith

This is the second file.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 6/30/2017 12:04:47 AM   
GaPete_slith

Sorry the attachment did not upload for some reason. Here it is

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 6/30/2017 5:00:40 PM   
Centuur

This is no bug. If you right-click on a carrier plane, the carrier air classes form can be chosen to appear.

If you look f.e. at the F4F-3 in Norfolk, the carrier air class is 4 until 1939, 2 in 1940-1941 and 1 from 1942 onwards.

RAW:

The CV’s air component determines which carrier planes can be on
the CV. A carrier plane can fit onto a CV if the plane’s class is the
same size as, or less than, the CV’s air component.
Most carrier planes will list 2 or 3 years inside coloured boxes on
the back of their counter. The coloured boxes determine the plane’s
class in those and later years.

Peter

Post #: 4
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 6/30/2017 7:15:21 PM   
GaPete_slith

Thank you, This was really causing me to scratch my head. Now I will know where to look.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/3/2017 8:53:22 AM   
Joseignacio

I didn't understand your first post and I couldn't load the foles, but you got me .

The numbers don't show how many squadrons you may have in the carrier but that as the number changes, the CV is able to host a squadron of newer planes or two squadrons of the older ones (sometimes).

I was also surprised that a unit was supposed to have been removed. I understand that was probably a mistake and didn't dissapear, wasn't it?

Post #: 6
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/5/2017 8:21:08 PM   
GaPete_slith

No that wasn't a mistake Jose, the British carrier plane had a basing number of 1, the next turn the carrier was empty.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 7
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/6/2017 7:38:44 AM   
Joseignacio

I'll try to load it in my game and have a look a it later if somebody doesn't answer it before.

Post #: 8
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/7/2017 9:46:16 PM   
GaPete_slith

Thanks Jose, I think it has been. Centuur said it is supposed to be doing this. I do know that until the last update it never did in any of my games. I am taking it you have never had it happen in yours?

Post #: 9
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/10/2017 9:40:45 AM   
Joseignacio

Yes, and Centuur is a heavyweight in my opinion, but I am curious to see (again, I learnt it long time ago but I cannot remember) how MWIF deals with WIF changes of class CV-CVP. Besides what is in red shouldn't have happened IMO:

quote:

If you look at the US carriers, on both coasts, the top number that regulates how many planes, that can base on a carrier, has been cut in half. I noticed earlier, in this very game, that it has now happened to British carrier planes too. One unit was removed from the board entirely.

Post #: 10
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/10/2017 5:52:58 PM   
Centuur

I don't understand what you are asking. I don't see anything which is wrong here.

There are the right number of carriers and CVP on the map in both saved games. The class of the carriers itself is correct in both games. The only difference are the carrier air classes of the CVP's. And that's correct according to the rules.

What am I missing here?

Peter

Post #: 11
RE: Carrier Planes changing - 7/11/2017 7:11:24 AM   
Joseignacio

Centuur, I have still to see the saves, so I am thinking only in what he wrote. Cannot see how a change in the carrier air classes of the CVP can make a CVP to be removed from the board. Can you? The classes changes always allows more or more modern planes to be landed in a CV not less.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Carrier Planes changing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI