Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New player here

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> New player here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New player here - 7/11/2017 6:37:25 AM   
C4nt3r

Hi.

Well, after a lot of time following this game I got brave and finally decided to get it.
Now is time to learn, and die.

There are some progressive tutorial for people without military knowledge? :P
I appreciate if it's text based, I'm not English native, I read English, but it's a little difficult to understand English spoken videos (it depends a lot of accent and speed of YouTuber)

Regards.
Post #: 1
RE: New player here - 7/11/2017 6:43:47 AM   
Dysta

Welcome.

You can have fun with the game in a way you see fit. Also there are many Let's Play videos of tutorials and scenarios you can watch on YouTube and get the idea.

It will be quite a long stumbles if you are not familiar with Harpoon, Fleet Command and many other familiar titles, so maybe in few weeks of playing you will eventually understand it's mechanics.

(in reply to C4nt3r)
Post #: 2
RE: New player here - 7/11/2017 9:56:14 AM   
Gunner98

Welcome to a great game!

Am just building a set of strike tutorials - not finished yet, still 3 more to go. They are here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4300402

The latest scenarios are near the end of the thread, but the text documents are posted with the original posts through the thread. The campaign mode is not quite working yet so you will need to play them individualy.

Will try and clean it all up this weekend for the first 5 scenarios and package them ready for use. Enjoy.

B

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: New player here - 7/11/2017 1:53:37 PM   
Zaslon

Hells Yeah! Welcome aboard.

As you know, you can find also resources in your mother tongue. In the AAR section there are some spanish AARS, Galahad and me wrote some AARs. Also in Punta de Lanza you can find Joselillo's AARs, Blas de Lezo and other betatesters of C:MANO.

The better choice IMO is check the Joselillo's channel on youtube.
Joselillo's channel

And with my "Editor guide" you can learn the basics to play with the editor.

< Message edited by Zaslon -- 7/11/2017 1:54:44 PM >

Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
RE: New player here - 7/11/2017 2:57:39 PM   
Cik

remember that the game is easy as long as you take it one system at a time.

I'd start with air operations, then move to sea, then move to air-sea, then move to air-sea-land, then move to very large air-sea etc.

it also helps if you play scenarios from one or two countries vs. one or two countries- or at least restrict yourself to east vs. west or vice versa so that you become familiar with what your stuff can do and what their stuff can do relative to each other.

start small and roll it all together once you feel confident. there are lots of relatively small scenarios you can play first, including tutorials that will give you a solid grounding in how everything works. remember that you can "browse scenario platforms" in the menu so that you can quickly figure out what platforms are capable at and how they should be used.

wikipedia will also likely help. good luck!

(in reply to Zaslon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> New player here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI