Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Entry?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Soviet Entry? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Entry? - 7/11/2017 10:25:59 PM   
majpalmer

Has anyone NOT attacked Russia? How did it go? And when did they enter the war on their own?

Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Entry? - 7/11/2017 11:00:06 PM   
crispy131313

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4299671&mpage=1&key=

Not over yet but, USSR joined late 1941, but that could be due to a lot of Axis aggression elsewhere too.

(in reply to majpalmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Entry? - 7/11/2017 11:40:09 PM   
wurger54

LOL! I decided to finish off the Middle East by going through Turkey rather than launch Barbarossa. Russia didn't much care for that and joined the war two turns later... along with the US. Never realized the Turkish lobby in Washington was that strong.

Wurger

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Entry? - 7/12/2017 3:13:02 AM   
sPzAbt653

I have not attacked Russia a bunch of times. Russia has joined the Allies anywhere from April 1941 to April 1942, depending on other events. It seems that the way to keep Russia out the longest is to not accept Vichy and to spend time in NW Africa conquering France while not doing Sealion nor going far in the Mid-East.

The manual says to attack Russia once it is close to 90% Allies, and this seems like sound advice because if you allow Russia to join it will get the first move and will then be able to move a lot of first turn reinforcements up to the border areas, and this slows the Axis down a lot.

(in reply to majpalmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Entry? - 7/12/2017 10:13:50 AM   
Bmorgan077

Last time the Russians in my game declared war in the middle of my turn. June 41, as a result of me attacking Portugal. Had moved
everything else, then attacked Portugal with the Spanish, Russia declared and I had little to attack with, and it was a mud turn.
I guess Portugal was the last straw, England was occupied, US had entered in Oct 40 and the Suez was in It hands.

love this game.

1 question, does the US pacific Russian convoys stop when Japan enters the war or do the merchantmen just sail past the
Japanese fleet?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Entry? - 7/12/2017 4:11:10 PM   
sPzAbt653

US pacific Russian convoys DO NOT stop when Japan enters the war. Historically the USA transferred their ships' flags to Russia, and Russia was not at war with Japan.

(in reply to Bmorgan077)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Soviet Entry? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI