Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I create manually an AD as Aliies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> How do I create manually an AD as Aliies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 5/3/2017 5:18:43 PM   
tiger111

Come back to the game after a long while and I can`t for the life of me remember how to manually create an AD.

So please remind me
Post #: 1
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 5/3/2017 6:57:26 PM   
RedLancer

Player's Handbook One Page Guide #6 has almost all you need to know.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to tiger111)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 5/4/2017 4:55:01 PM   
tiger111

Still can`t see it there. Please tell how to get into the manual AD creation screen.

I really hate the AD system ever since release and pray that WITE2 has a much more friendly mechanism. I really puts me off playing the game as I don`t much like auto AD either.

Please help

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 5/4/2017 7:59:09 PM   
RedLancer

1. In Air Planning phase select Type of AD you want to set (F2 etc.).
2. Choose HQ you wish to set AD for (Bomber Command etc.)
3. Select an AD - those with [X] are confirmed, that with a * is a new AD.
4. Amend the Ad as you wish.

I'm not trying to be obtuse but the One Page Guide is the best method I could create to explain how to do it and was written for testers when we had no Manual.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to tiger111)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 6/25/2017 1:20:41 AM   
Mac Linehan

Red Lancer-

I have the most current Beta 1:01:59 installed. The "Manuals" folder only includes One Page Guides 4b and 4a. Am relearning the game. I do recall having the other guides a year ago; am not sure what happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loved WitE; loving WitW even more. The Air Directive system is very detailed, customizable and a major step in the right direction.

A "Well Done" to the 2by3 Team and Playtesters!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 6/26/2017 3:51:13 PM   
Joel Billings

You can find them in the player's handbook.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I create manually an AD as Aliies - 7/13/2017 11:07:06 PM   
hazxan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Augustas
I really hate the AD system ever since release and pray that WITE2 has a much more friendly mechanism. I really puts me off playing the game as I don`t much like auto AD either.

As a relative newbie to the game and not a hardcore wargamer, I think the underlying AD system is good but the user interface is horrendous.

It's great that you get the choice of every level from AI automation, down to managing each squadron. But I've spent most of my couple months with the game trying to decipher the interface. Too many lists of plain text, ">" and "*" and "**" symbols that mean different things in different screens. List items are more confusing than they need be with all those acronym headings like "ADRW (23/123) **". It's like Dwarf Fortress! But for a premium price, not free....

In contrast, I have played HOI4 a little. WITW is of course a better, more accurate simulator, but the interface for HOI4 is so slick and intuitive in comparison. Although lacking the (unecessary?) details, HOI4 does much the same with the Air Directives. Grouping squadrons, setting bombing, support, interdiction tasks etc. But it is so much more accessable.

Some improvements wouldn't even be that much extra work, just adding tool tips over all headings and catagories so we didn't have to look up in the manual what 144(36/23*) meant. Percentage bars, to help make sense of numbers like "reliability 13". That only makes sense in terms of what the best and worst reliabilities are, a bar filled accordingly would be so much better. And buttons instead of ">>" symbols. Different font sizes and styles to categorise the lists...

I enjoy the land warfare aspects. This actually has excellent presentation and interface. It's a shame that the air aspects feel like so much of a chore

< Message edited by NotaGrog -- 7/13/2017 11:18:28 PM >

(in reply to tiger111)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> How do I create manually an AD as Aliies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI