Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Transfer units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Air Transfer units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Transfer units - 7/15/2017 5:10:45 AM   
caliJP

Supposedly the smart thing to do to as German on T1 is to move airbases and then Air Transfer rear air units to them to sva eon flown miles
I have played this game for several years but never bothered.
Trying to figure it out now, but in this game which is a click fest, which sequence of clicks to achieve what you want is mostly nowhere to be found in the manual.

Can someone share which exact sequence of clicks does one need to go through to execut an air unit transfer (F10)?

JP
Post #: 1
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/15/2017 4:14:33 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: caliJP

Supposedly the smart thing to do to as German on T1 is to move airbases and then Air Transfer rear air units to them to sva eon flown miles
I have played this game for several years but never bothered.
Trying to figure it out now, but in this game which is a click fest, which sequence of clicks to achieve what you want is mostly nowhere to be found in the manual.

Can someone share which exact sequence of clicks does one need to go through to execut an air unit transfer (F10)?

Yes, I played with Air transfer a bit a few years back, but found that I could air transfer one Squadron of JU-87's to where I need them and still get 5,000 airframe kills with squadrons where they are. (Now I do Air transfer the JU-52's to where I need them)

I wrote this up for someone else to use so might as well put it out there for everyone to use. I know there is a mistake but will try to find it with one of the squadrons move. If I don't Im sorry and use it at your own pearl :) Just a disclaimer I do a few things different myself on my Axis bombing but I wanted to keep this simple for others to understand my madness.

The Germans are all about finesse, doing the most with the least. We will fatigue some fighters (The 110's) but our work horses, the 109's, we want to conserve for Air Interception.

1. Change your Air Settings to the picture I posted in this PM for the 1st turn. You will need to change these setting on turn 2 back to your normal settings for the Germans.

2. RECON all airbases that will be attack. Make sure you are able to see the number of Aircraft on each of the bases. DO NOT fly fighter protection for Recon aircraft.

*****please note that no level bombers are used until the last Romanian set of bombers. After I show you this you can figure out what to do with the German bombers which should have zero miles flown, I will give some pointers on where to use these bombers if you don't know already at the end ******

3. Move 15th LW to hex X49 Y49. Then air transfer from the 16th LW hex X42 Y60 (1)JU87(qty 19) named 1-/STG2 to 16th LW at hex X49 Y49

4. Move 13th LW to hex X49 Y50.

5. Using ONLY 15th LW and 13th LW air bases (the Tac Bombers and 110's only) bomb (X53 Y41), (X55 Y48), and (X60 Y50) rotating on each of the bases until there are no planes left on these bases. Again only use the planes on 15th and 13th LW bases only. If you have to you can lower the percentage to fly down to keep flying these same planes but remember to raise that percentage back up when moving to use another air group other than the 15th & 13th LW. Once you finish bombing these 3 Soviet airbases off you should be ~800ish planes destroyed.

6. Next, using all the Tactical air groups (Stg2 & LG2) on 16th LW airbase & (1) 1/JG51 fighters (38 planes), bomb X49 Y61. Only these planes should be used to bomb this Russian Airbase until the counter reaches 0 for airplanes on base. This should net ~400ish planes for a total of 1200ish.

7. Next, use 17th LW to bomb X54 Y66 ONCE and only once using all Tact bombers and the ME 110's figthers from 11th LW.

8. Now go back to the 16th LW and move the Air base to X47 Y66. Using all aircraft from 16th LW airbase (Stg2 & LG2) along with (1) 1/JG51 bomb hex X54 Y66 until no aircraft remain. If you need to lower percentage to fly please do so but remember to raise after done with this group.

9. Move 17th LW to X50 Y78. Then move 11th LW to X50 Y78. Bomb hexs (X57 Y78), (X52 Y84) & (X48, Y84) Alternate between the bases until all Russian planes are gone using only the aircraft from 17th LW and 11th LW (tact bombers and 110's) This should net ~ 1000 for a total of ~2300 aircraft destroyed so far.

(in reply to caliJP)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/15/2017 4:16:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

10. Move Romanian 12th Airbase to X61 Y97.

11. Transfer 14th Rum light bomb sqn to 12th Airbase at hex X61 Y97

12. Using just the TAct air (no fighters) on 12 Rominain Airbase at X61 Y97 bomb Soviet hexs X55 Y92 and X66 Y68. If unable to get all planes (not likely) it is ok. Will use next Romanian Airgroup or left over German bombers to finish off.

13. Using the 9th Romanian Air base as a staging point (X63 Y104) you will bomb using all Romanian bombers ONLY soviet airbase in Hex X71 Y104 and X58 Y87. You should be able to finish both of these airbases off to 0 aircraft. I do a little different with amount of bombers but this will works for sack of simplicity :)

14 This should have brought you to ~ 3,200 aircraft destroyed without having used any German level bombers nor fatiguing any of your 109's which (except for the one group we used) will be used for Air interception. When you do your German moves you should normally get right around ~400+ aircraft destroyed on the Ground. Air Interception will shoot down ~100-200 depending on how well your bombing campaign goes. The German bombers should get you the rest of the way.

15. Now to use your German bombers. I first bomb the Tact Bomber locations ((X79 Y46) & (X74 Y61). I then go after the recon air bases (X59 Y35) (X78 Y85)(X79 Y83) You don't need to use all the bombers on each run. You can experiment with different numbers and will see the efficiency the Germans have by doing so. Of if you like you can just send all the bombers (I normally dont but it is a learning experience with distance to target and air miles) After those 5 hexes I pick big fat juicy bases with lots of bombers on them. You can keep using your German bombers, you should lower percentage to fly to as low as 30% to keep bombing air bases. Before going to the ground game let the AI have a run too. Also after finished your ground game use the AI again and again lowering the % by 5 each time. Sometimes the AI squeeks out a few more kills :)

16. Just a note that hex X61 Y33 and X61 Y56 are always very painful to air bombard on the 1st turn. (these two hexes are a pain in the arse for me for some reason). You can experiment with them but good luck. I always leave them to last but I get them too :)

In a nutshell this should get you to the 5,000 + Give it a few tries and let me know :) Good luck

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 7/15/2017 4:19:59 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/19/2017 6:08:34 AM   
caliJP

HardLuck, thank you.
I played with this a little bit. I ended up doing this sequence:

Attachment (1)

JP

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/19/2017 6:09:36 AM   
caliJP

That got me about 5,400 aircraft kills, I think similar to you.

Attachment (1)

JP

(in reply to caliJP)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/19/2017 6:11:14 AM   
caliJP

After that there is really no VVS left west of the Dnepr

JP

(in reply to caliJP)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Transfer units - 7/19/2017 6:13:49 AM   
caliJP

It seems the limit isn't so much flown miles, but ammo. I still had a fair amount of miles my bombers could fly, but the airbases were at 0% ammo so the sorties at that point had no effect.

JP

(in reply to caliJP)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Air Transfer units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI