Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM v1.08 and v1.09

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM v1.08 and v1.09 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM v1.08 and v1.09 - 8/3/2017 2:09:46 PM   
guggy

Score: 0
I just updated to v1.09 and now I can't see the game I started a few weeks ago under v1.08.

I tought that the new version would be compatible as far as PBEM games are concerned.

What can I do ?

Regards
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM v1.08 and v1.09 - 8/3/2017 2:45:53 PM   
guggy

Well, got the v1.08 installed on another computer and got the game running...

Quite a bit confusing ;)

(in reply to guggy)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM v1.08 and v1.09 - 8/3/2017 4:55:24 PM   
Christolos

BETA PBEM++ games are kept separate from officially released updated version PBEM++ games. They are hosted on different servers. So because v1.09 is a BETA release, it will access the BETA server where v1.08 PBEM++ games will not be available.

My understanding is that once an official v1.09 update is released, v1.08 as far back as v1.04 PBEM++ games, will be available for continued play on the official PBEM++ game server.

It could be a little confusing because the message announcing the release of v1.09 BETA states the following:

"Save games from 1.04 onwards should be compatible with v1.09 beta (although campaign changes won't take effect until you start a new one)."

But this refers to only single player saved games from 1.04 onwards being compatible with v1.09 BETA.

In terms of PBEM++ games, the announcement message goes on to state:

"If you are playing a PBEM game we recommend you finish before updating, and for new PBEM games both you and your opponent will need to using version 1.09 beta"

C

< Message edited by CC1 -- 8/3/2017 5:05:35 PM >

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to guggy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM v1.08 and v1.09 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI