Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 a... - 8/1/2017 1:38:32 PM   
Dinglir

Turn one.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dinglir -- 8/1/2017 1:39:18 PM >

To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
Post #: 1
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/4/2017 7:00:12 PM   
Dinglir

Turn two.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 2
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/4/2017 7:49:55 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Even more spreadsheets. You have admin rating 9 I guess

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 3
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/4/2017 7:55:21 PM   
Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
Even more spreadsheets. You have admin rating 9 I guess

At work we had this personality test where all were given a color: Red were bossy and direct, yellow were creative, green were social minded and blue were organized and detail oriented.

I was exceptionally blue....

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 4
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/4/2017 8:27:29 PM   
STEF78

Incredible AAR...

I just can't figure the time necessary to do it!

You should have choosen as name "deep blue" instead of "dinglir"

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 5
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 6:55:48 AM   
Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: STEF78

An average turn for me takes around five to six hours - which is the reason I never play more than one game at a time.

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 6
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 2:50:38 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: STEF78

An average turn for me takes around five to six hours - which is the reason I never play more than one game at a time.

I have three games I need to get turns over to my opponents and Dinglir didn't want to cooperate for turn 7. Dinglir is giving me a headache on this turn :( Couldn't just be cooperative could you? Anyway, I'm living on the edge of the knife for my turn which should be back today with all my other opponents. This knife edge is EXTREMELY sharp I'm walking on two of my games. One is threatening Leningrad pretty well, the other game is threatening Moscow. I may lose them in these games :( Sheeeeeshhh why did I ever pick the Soviets to play. They are a nightmare early game.

Just a note that I have a major cutover at work and turns Monday-Friday of next week will be slow :(

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 7
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 4:05:32 PM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

This knife edge is EXTREMELY sharp I'm walking on two of my games. One is threatening Leningrad pretty well, the other game is threatening Moscow. I may lose them in these games :( Sheeeeeshhh why did I ever pick the Soviets to play. They are a nightmare early game.

Yes, so I've heard. Fortunately we're both too busy for a rematch

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 8
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 4:39:33 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

This knife edge is EXTREMELY sharp I'm walking on two of my games. One is threatening Leningrad pretty well, the other game is threatening Moscow. I may lose them in these games :( Sheeeeeshhh why did I ever pick the Soviets to play. They are a nightmare early game.

Yes, so I've heard. Fortunately we're both too busy for a rematch

Would love too, but I think I'm going to take a break when I'm finished with these games. Sheesh, I'm fretting over where to place one unit and it is driving me nuts, lol

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 9
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 4:43:22 PM   
Dinglir

quote:

I'm fretting over where to place one unit and it is driving me nuts

I would suggest Baku....

Post #: 10
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 5:00:17 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

I'm fretting over where to place one unit and it is driving me nuts

I would suggest Baku....

Hmmmmm, Baku. Too far for this unit. So, morale is in the "pits", units are surrendering in "droves", Rail-lines are "stressed to the max", airforce is "decimated", I think I will "ATTACK".

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 11
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 6:07:49 PM   
chaos45

Interesting to hear how its goes, I think next patch will be abit more balance and realistic in results hopefully. Right now the Axis have all the cake in the early game.

Post #: 12
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/5/2017 8:19:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

Interesting to hear how its goes, I think next patch will be abit more balance and realistic in results hopefully. Right now the Axis have all the cake in the early game.

I do have some Fanatic units on turn 7 though :( Guess that is one plus. (Note: The lime color center is a note to me that this unit has the required wins for Guard status(this unit has 6)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/5/2017 8:22:50 PM >

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 13
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/7/2017 9:53:35 PM   
Dinglir

Turn three

Attachment (1)

Post #: 14
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/12/2017 10:26:46 PM   
Dinglir

Turn four.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 15
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/13/2017 1:05:17 PM   
Telemecus

I noticed in the centre you are still being careful to keep the panzers fueled up. Personally when I see empty space I tend to throw the motorised as far forward as possible, to convert as many hexes as possible, to get the infantry as far forward as possible. This is assuming that your motorised will probably need to be fueled up again in a couple of turns anyway, and are not going to be in combat/ threatened by encirclements etc. I just wondered in such cases would you have considered this as an alternative to being certain to keep your panzer corps in a good fuel situation?

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 8/13/2017 1:06:02 PM >

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 16
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/13/2017 3:36:36 PM   
Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I noticed in the centre you are still being careful to keep the panzers fueled up. Personally when I see empty space I tend to throw the motorised as far forward as possible, to convert as many hexes as possible, to get the infantry as far forward as possible. This is assuming that your motorised will probably need to be fueled up again in a couple of turns anyway, and are not going to be in combat/ threatened by encirclements etc. I just wondered in such cases would you have considered this as an alternative to being certain to keep your panzer corps in a good fuel situation?

To be honest, the reason for the inactivity of my Panzers in the center has more to do with inexperience than with a deliberate strategic choice. Remember that this is only my second effective game playing the Axis.

I was very concerned about throwing my Panzers some 30 hexes in front of my railheads and also well in front of the infantry, as a Soviet counterthrust might cut them off and destroy them before the arrival on the rescuers (remember the +1 soviet attack).

Having given turn nine to HardLuck, I can now say that right now I consider the use (or lack of use) of my center Panzers to have been the biggest mistake I have made so far in the game.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 17
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/13/2017 6:58:24 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

To be honest, the reason for the inactivity of my Panzers in the center has more to do with inexperience than with a deliberate strategic choice. Remember that this is only my second effective game playing the Axis.

I was very concerned about throwing my Panzers some 30 hexes in front of my railheads and also well in front of the infantry, as a Soviet counterthrust might cut them off and destroy them before the arrival on the rescuers (remember the +1 soviet attack).

Having given turn nine to HardLuck, I can now say that right now I consider the use (or lack of use) of my center Panzers to have been the biggest mistake I have made so far in the game.

I don't think it was a mistake. Your PZ's would have been sitting there starving for fuel where I set up the Soviets give or take a few hexes. You will be pretty much where everyone else has been on turn 10. I can say though that this is the first game I actually evacuated some industry from Leningrad ;-} That Sir I salute you

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 18
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/14/2017 4:35:48 AM   
galex

Do not underestimate Soviet Fighters in the north. I think hardluck may concentrated more than 80% of Soviet figher in these area.

Post #: 19
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/16/2017 9:14:54 PM   
Dinglir

quote:

I don't think it was a mistake. Your PZ's would have been sitting there starving for fuel where I set up the Soviets give or take a few hexes. You will be pretty much where everyone else has been on turn 10. I can say though that this is the first game I actually evacuated some industry from Leningrad ;-} That Sir I salute you

My thinking is that those Panzers might have made a difference in the attacks in the north, rather than just sitting idle in the center.

Post #: 20
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/16/2017 9:18:23 PM   
Dinglir

Turn five.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to galex)
Post #: 21
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 12:30:48 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

My thinking is that those Panzers might have made a difference in the attacks in the north, rather than just sitting idle in the center.

Oh yeah, you have that correct, it did make a difference. I have never pondered so many possible moves of forces in the North before. I have done it many times for Moscow but never for Leningrad since all the opponents before would just slide to the East towards Moscow. You have me totally worried with the concentration of PZ's and Moto there. One slipup on my part and you are off to the races. I believe I counted 18ish+ mech type units there, just can't find my paper with all the names of your units at the moment of your Divisions. Good job so far :)

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 22
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 12:39:41 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Last turn the Virtual Stalin sacked Mr Shaposhnikov and put in Timoshenko :( Guess "Timmy" will be in charge for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paafmG9cZTY

Attachment (1)

Post #: 23
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 4:00:19 AM   
M60A3TTS

I'm still waiting to see some poor Soviet player get saddled with Marshal "Jail or Medal" Grigory Kulik at STAVKA.

Post #: 24
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 4:09:12 AM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

One slipup on my part and you are off to the races. I believe I counted 18ish+ mech type units there, just can't find my paper with all the names of your units at the moment of your Divisions. Good job so far :)

Paper? Dude, that's why Bill Gates and Co. came up with Excel.

Post #: 25
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 5:14:13 AM   
Dinglir

quote:

Oh yeah, you have that correct, it did make a difference. I have never pondered so many possible moves of forces in the North before. I have done it many times for Moscow but never for Leningrad since all the opponents before would just slide to the East towards Moscow. You have me totally worried with the concentration of PZ's and Moto there. One slipup on my part and you are off to the races. I believe I counted 18ish+ mech type units there, just can't find my paper with all the names of your units at the moment of your Divisions. Good job so far :)

I know I should not "get ahead" of the AAR, so I will simply state that your defense of Pskov has been superb up to the point that is currently covered by the AAR. For a player at my level of skill, it has simply been to strong to overcome by turn five.

The reader will then just have to wait and see if you "slip up" and lose Leningrad over the next ten or so turns.

Post #: 26
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 1:01:01 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

One slipup on my part and you are off to the races. I believe I counted 18ish+ mech type units there, just can't find my paper with all the names of your units at the moment of your Divisions. Good job so far :)

Paper? Dude, that's why Bill Gates and Co. came up with Excel.

Oh my, I do have to say you keep a very detailed record, excellent job! There is no way I'm going to paper push my games ;-) Writing down where the German Armor is each turn is the extent of my paper pushing since I'm already spending WAY TOO MUCH time playing the Soviets during the first 17 turns. Not to mention I need to take care of the wife so she doesn't get overly jealous of me spending too much time on the game ;-) (Or maybe I'm fooling myself and she likes being away from me, hmmmm will have to ponder that one for a bit)

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 27
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/18/2017 1:05:45 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

I'm still waiting to see some poor Soviet player get saddled with Marshal "Jail or Medal" Grigory Kulik at STAVKA.

Hmmmmm, I will put him in charge of STAVKA if you like. What do I get in return?

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 28
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/20/2017 10:18:14 AM   
Dinglir

Turn six.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 29
RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, ... - 8/20/2017 3:26:20 PM   
Telemecus

Dinglir - Well done for talking through a head on mass unit clash. They are not the easiest thing to describe in an AAR, but it is part of the variety of types of engagement you need to read about as a player.

This goes very well alongside the "Defence of the Soviet Union begins one hex west of Pskow" by HardLuckYetAgain.

(in reply to Dinglir)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI