Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Few bombers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Few bombers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Few bombers - 8/9/2017 7:21:28 PM   
gmtello

Have started recently a campaign as jpn and have expanded engine ha-35 only. The production of dive and torpedo bombers is extremely low. What must i do. Increase ha 33 and 35?
Post #: 1
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 7:38:09 PM   
bartrat

Make sure you increase production of the TB and DB types you are short of.
Also make sure units that you want replacements have replacements on and those you do not have replacements set to off.

WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 2
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 8:36:56 PM   
JeffroK

Plus IRL the japanese produced very few IJN DB & TB in the first 12 months, something around 10/month (Someone who knows what they are talking about can clarify)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to bartrat)
Post #: 3
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 10:36:03 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

Have started recently a campaign as jpn and have expanded engine ha-35 only. The production of dive and torpedo bombers is extremely low. What must i do. Increase ha 33 and 35?

For starters I'd do this.

Increase the Val factory to 30. Change production to a factory you don't need, I use the Glen factory. Also increase it to 30. Increase Ha-33 production.
Heavily research the Judy using 3 x 30 factories

Increase the B5N2 Kate factory to 30. When the game starts it's set to zero.
Heavily research the B6N2 Jill again using 3 x 30 factories. I do not research the B6N1 as I do not research the Ha-44 factory so no engines no aircraft.

Now having said all that Japanese air production a minefield with many members having their own ideas on what is need. All agree on one thing though, you can't research everything. Consolidating research into a few aircraft and there engines is essential.

So I decided for right or wrong the three Judy locations are at Nagoya, Hiroshima and Tsu initially producing D4Y1 Judy, D4Y2 Judy and G4M3a Betty respectively. All increased to 30 from game start.

The three B6N2 Jill locations for research are at Maebashi, Tsu and Nagasaki initially producing the B6N1 Jill, B6N2 Jill and B7A2 Grace respectively. Increased to 30 mid 42.

If you increase a/c production you must increase engine production plus, there's the engine research bonus when you have over 500 engines in a pool.

As an example I change the Hitachi Amakaze factory to Ha-33 production and gradually increase production of the two factories to 150+ each. Might seem excessive but you'll need them later and you can always stop production. Why this factory change? Well I don't intend to build or research any a/c that uses it E.g. the Glen.

Hope this helps but I could go on for ever but others have written a about Japanese air production in much more detail.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 4
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 10:45:13 PM   
spence

The Japanese planned to have the D4 Judy and B6 Jill being produced by early 1942. No plan was made if either a/c had any "teething" problems going from the design stage to the production stage. IRL both did. Thus IRL the IJN sailed for its long planned "Decisive Battle" (Battle of Midway) scraping the very bottom of the barrel to fill out its carrier air groups. The 4 carriers of the Kido Butai just barely had full air groups by transferring aircraft and crews from land based groups. Both air groups of the Ryujo/Junyo Carrier Division were under strength. The Zuiho was under strength. The Hosho sailed for Midway with B4's (forgot their Allied designation).

"Shattered Sword" discusses the problems in more detail.

< Message edited by spence -- 8/9/2017 10:46:32 PM >

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 5
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 10:51:10 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Increase the B5N2 Kate factory to 30.

I build the B5N1 as you have quite a number of engines for this A/C at the start of the game, and no other demand for that particular engine.

quote:

Change production to a factory you don't need, I use the Glen factory.

I keep the Glen factory until engine supply is exhausted. This is because I resize quite a number of float plane units and the excess Glen's may be used as trainers.

Also I follow the A/C 'wire charts' of production progression so I can only research Jill 1 or B6N1 to start. Followed by N2, and finally N2a. Depends on the type of game you play.

Many opinions, many variables, find your path and go with it.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
RE: Few bombers - 8/9/2017 10:54:51 PM   
rustysi

What Spence said.

quote:

B4's (forgot their Allied designation).

Jean.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 7
RE: Few bombers - 8/10/2017 5:40:30 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Many opinions, many variables, find your path and go with it.

Exactly.

My reasons for doing what I did are.

quote:

I build the B5N1 as you have quite a number of engines for this A/C at the start of the game, and no other demand for that particular engine.

Yes could have done but the B5N2 has a better service rating plus later, much later, you get MAD and Radar and I intend to keep producing this a/c.

quote:

I keep the Glen factory until engine supply is exhausted. This is because I resize quite a number of float plane units and the excess Glen's may be used as trainers.

I use the Jake, better range in fact better all round except for manoeuvrability and it gets MAD much later.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 8
RE: Few bombers - 8/10/2017 1:42:46 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

The Japanese planned to have the D4 Judy and B6 Jill being produced by early 1942. No plan was made if either a/c had any "teething" problems going from the design stage to the production stage. IRL both did. Thus IRL the IJN sailed for its long planned "Decisive Battle" (Battle of Midway) scraping the very bottom of the barrel to fill out its carrier air groups. The 4 carriers of the Kido Butai just barely had full air groups by transferring aircraft and crews from land based groups. Both air groups of the Ryujo/Junyo Carrier Division were under strength. The Zuiho was under strength. The Hosho sailed for Midway with B4's (forgot their Allied designation).

"Shattered Sword" discusses the problems in more detail.

I'm reading SS now. From what I can see, the 2 divisions of KB deployed to Midway were actually at @ 80% air group capacity. and it would have been worse if they were not ferrying some Zeros for deployment at Midway once they seized the island. I was a bit surprised by how 'empty' the barrel really was.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 9
RE: Few bombers - 8/10/2017 2:46:35 PM   
gmtello

Once u expand the favtories the y become damaged. 1 How do the y repair 1 point a turn with cost of 1000 suplies?
2 will the factor y produce with one point of damage or has to be undamaged?

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 10
RE: Few bombers - 8/10/2017 4:02:15 PM   
Theages

Supplies at the base have to be higher the 10000 for repairs to occur.
Production factories (not R&D) produce according to their repaired number (eg: a 5(4) Factory will produce around 5 units per month), if the other requirements are met (enough HI, engines)

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 11
RE: Few bombers - 8/11/2017 6:49:59 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theages

Supplies at the base have to be higher the 10000 for repairs to occur.

Also.
R&D a/c factory repair is based on a die roll, the closer you get to an a/c due date the better the odds are. At game start for instance there's not much point in expanding R$D factories for a/c due mid 1943 onwards.

Only fully repaired R&D factories generate research points. For every 100 pts you get a 1 month advance. 30 is the optimal size generating 1 pt per day. 3 x 30 full repaired factories roughly equates to getting an a/c to advance once a month.

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 12
RE: Few bombers - 8/11/2017 6:57:50 AM   
Chris21wen

I should add that Engine R&D repair is not random, they repair one per day.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 13
RE: Few bombers - 8/14/2017 6:13:55 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Yes could have done but the B5N2 has a better service rating plus later, much later, you get MAD and Radar and I intend to keep producing this a/c.

True that the SR is better for the N2, but its my experience that carrier battles are fast and furious and its really not a factor. IOW they're so short you'll not notice the effects of the SR. In addition to that I plan to use other A/C to perform my ASW. Range for Kate is too short for my liking.

quote:

I use the Jake, better range in fact better all round except for manoeuvrability and it gets MAD much later.

Absolutely, the Jake is the better A/C, but you still will need some groups for training. Its why I finish out the Glen engines and use the A/C as trainers, and of course for my subs.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Few bombers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI