Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

research or armies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> research or armies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
research or armies - 6/27/2017 9:14:51 PM   
Icier

With all the latest upgrades, I have noticed that the German income has dropped in the 1-2 years of the war,
to almost 50% of what was originally. Anyone got an answer?
Also I have noticed large air formations in German / Italian armies on many post,
which I suppose comes about from ignoring research and unit upgrades. What are the benefits?
However, most of those post seem to be against the computer, anyone done it against Humans.

< Message edited by Ice -- 6/27/2017 9:18:14 PM >

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Post #: 1
RE: research or armies - 8/9/2017 9:36:39 PM   
jjweatherby

Depends on your strategy. If you are going sea-lion, I would prioritize research. You need naval weapons for your air, amphibious, etc. For Russia after France, you need a boat load of units. Last game I bought air between Poland and France. A fighter to defend after France and a medium bomber to even medium/tactical numbers.
For Russia this has been my plan starting in 1939. Priorities
1. Upgrade and reinforce. Infantry can do with just infantry weapons. Tanks need all upgrades as well as aircraft.
2. New units.
Prior to French invasion
a. Cavalry division- historically present for the NE invasion. The extra unit can free up a para to take the Hague.
b. Air - one defensive fighters. 1 tac to get 3 sets of fighter/med/tac
c. Garrisons- needed to cover capitals capture and defend the German/Dutch/Belgian/French coast. These free up corps for
the east usually buy about 10 of them.
d. Logisitics and Command research.
e. subs
During/after France
f. Tanks/Mech - I generally go for 6 tanks and 2 mech since this the 1941 scenario. However mech packs a similar punch for
less dough. German corps were often a tank and a motorized division or two tanks and a motorized. So 4 tanks and 4 mech
can work. 8 would be the historic 4 German armored corps with each having a tank and a mech.
g. Corps there is a lot of space in Russia and you will need smaller units to cover it. It will harder to do with armies.
h. Fighter and Tac
i. Advanced subs after discovered, advanced aircraft, advanced tanks
j. subs
i. Cav div. Extra partisan control.
During after Barbarossa
j. research
k. tanks/mech
l. armies (corps should be maxed).

Germany does have a couple of historic CAs they could build too but it is costly. So if I am not going after sealion I generally don't build them but they could be used as raiders.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 2
RE: research or armies - 8/10/2017 2:00:48 AM   
Leadwieght

As the Allies, I have found that allowing yourself to fall too far behind the Germans in tech can be lethal, even late in the game. Four Level-4 or -5 panzers with supporting air and infantry can really ruin your day! Even though you can't build many of them,, anti-tank units with level 3 or higher are invaluable for the Russians in 1943 and later for blunting any Kharkov style counter-offensives your opponent may pull off.

And AA upgrades are very useful as well.

(in reply to jjweatherby)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> research or armies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI