Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WW2 Sub games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> WW2 Sub games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WW2 Sub games - 8/19/2017 2:40:16 PM   
robertahyuk

Do you think anyone will make a new WW2 Submarine game? Last good one I played was Enigma:Rising Tide. Would love to see a new one concentrating on the Pacific. Anyone else miss a good Sub game?

Post #: 1
RE: WW2 Sub games - 8/19/2017 2:46:40 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertahyuk

Do you think anyone will make a new WW2 Submarine game? Last good one I played was Enigma:Rising Tide. Would love to see a new one concentrating on the Pacific. Anyone else miss a good Sub game?

As long you can play on both sides. I would be interesting too. Esp playing the Japanese. Wanted to get the feel of it and see what it is like.

(in reply to robertahyuk)
Post #: 2
RE: WW2 Sub games - 8/19/2017 3:23:54 PM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertahyuk

Not WWII but "Cold Waters" is real nice and came out not to long ago. Also "U-Boot" will be out some time later on this year.

(in reply to robertahyuk)
Post #: 3
RE: WW2 Sub games - 8/19/2017 11:14:04 PM   
Greybriar

UBOOT is in the works. From its Steam store page:

UBOOT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era, yet different than all you have seen so far. It is a survival sandbox with game mechanics similar to that of Fallout Shelter while it's primary theme is life of German soldiers like in Wolfgang Petersen's film Das Boot. The boat is their home, but it can become their grave at any time.

In UBOOT you control the crew to control the boat. You look after their physical and mental health, because if the sailors are hungry, tired and their spirit is low, there’s no chance of winning even a skirmish. It is important to balance the overall discipline and trauma of your crew. If you are a harsh captain, the level of both goes up. When trauma is high a secret feature of each sailor can be disclosed. It can reveal his alcoholism, make him go berserk, he can also turn out to be a coward or a spy.

Kriegsmarine Headquarters will give you key missions to move forward with the historical stages of WWII and you will be able to fight in new regions, and install better equipment in a dock. Unfortunately, the opponents will also grow stronger and, for example, will equip their ships with radars or break the Enigma code.

In UBOOT each sailor will have his own face, his story, personality, skills and weaknesses. The sailors will come either to report something to you or just to talk some problems over. They will eat, talk, enjoy simple pastimes, queue to the only toilet on board, fight to decide whose girlfriend is prettier. You will see the lives of grey wolves in all its glory.

Here is a YouTube video about UBOOT.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 4
RE: WW2 Sub games - 8/20/2017 10:39:30 AM   
demyansk

I might get this one

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 5
RE: WW2 Sub games - 8/22/2017 2:17:50 AM   
Agathosdaimon

if you have a mobile device there is silent depth also