Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updates and screen size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Updates and screen size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updates and screen size - 8/29/2017 9:27:02 PM   
spilbuster

Hi,
Just re-installed the game after getting a new laptop.

Updated through the home screen on opening the game (version 1.7.11.24) but seem to get a jumble or icons and ghosting.
(screenshot 11-33)

Tried updating to beta version as in forum but cannot adjust to full screen (44).
Selecting it in properties from the icon I just get a part screen like the original.

any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I used to be able to just alt-tab between windows homepage and game to get it full screen.

Apologies if its been mentioned before, just, not that technologically minded.

other screen shots to follow

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/29/2017 9:27:41 PM   
spilbuster

screen shot 22

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 2
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/29/2017 9:28:04 PM   
spilbuster

screen shot 33

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 3
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/29/2017 9:28:38 PM   
spilbuster

after beta update... still cant get full screen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 4
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/29/2017 9:40:17 PM   
witpqs

The startup screen and menus only come in one size and do not get larger. The actual game screens are the ones that obey they switches for screen/window size.

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 5
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/30/2017 12:16:35 AM   
Major Shane

I had a similar issue when I switched to a new laptop. Check your hardware, screen adapter display properties. I had to switch mine to fixed at 60hz. See post #16 at: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4255851&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/30/2017 7:08:19 AM   
Leandros

Same with me. Has to restart each time the WITP picture has been down. Awkward, but has learnt to live with it.

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to Major Shane)
Post #: 7
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/30/2017 8:47:08 PM   
spilbuster

Thanks guys, maybe ill have to do some digging. Just wondered why I was able to switch to full screen on my old laptop by Alt-Tabbing onto home screen and back to game.

Jut out of interest, what would the command bar read for 1366x768??

also another question or problem for you matrix's that is making it unplayable............. if I launch the game (basic version updated 1.7.11.24)with any scroll delay (including 0 in references) if I select a base or task force, I cannot scroll the map. the only way I can scroll is by selecting an empty ocean hex???

Never had these problems on my old laptop.... coud it be associated with windows 10?

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 8
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/30/2017 9:24:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spilbuster

Thanks guys, maybe ill have to do some digging. Just wondered why I was able to switch to full screen on my old laptop by Alt-Tabbing onto home screen and back to game.

Jut out of interest, what would the command bar read for 1366x768??

also another question or problem for you matrix's that is making it unplayable............. if I launch the game (basic version updated 1.7.11.24)with any scroll delay (including 0 in references) if I select a base or task force, I cannot scroll the map. the only way I can scroll is by selecting an empty ocean hex???

Never had these problems on my old laptop.... coud it be associated with windows 10?

Your command line switches should specify -px1366 -py768. Both the game and your video controller must like this resolution for it to be usable. I am running 1920 by 1080.

I only get scrolling freeze when I use the "Esc" key to exit a screen and then hit it an extra time, which escapes me out of the contact with the map. In order to scroll the map must have a point of reference for the cursor to start with. I just live with it- the Esc key save a lot of mousing around to find the "Exit" buttons.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 9
RE: Updates and screen size - 8/31/2017 9:38:46 PM   
spilbuster

Ive tried changing the command line as above only to be told its unavailable. Also tried 'keeping aspect ratio' in display properties from another thread, only to get the samecreen.

Also,with with scroll display delay set at 0 I get a delay of 4/5 seconds if selecting an empty hex.

If I select a base or task force there is no movement at all, I cant scroll anywhere.

never had this on my windows 7 laptop

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Updates and screen size - 9/1/2017 12:33:32 AM   
Admiral DadMan

Ok, silly question here, but are you trying to start the game from the menu?

or did you make a shortcut to the game's .exe file?

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Updates and screen size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI