Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working under .68 beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working under .68 beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working under .... - 9/18/2017 1:09:14 AM   
Bob12

I started an offline test game on the Battleground Italy scenario under the .68 beta patch, after Italy surrendered and railway damage was inflicted no German construction battalions were committed to repair the rails despite them being available and the damaged areas being well within command range of the construction unit's HQ (army group C).

The attached save is from a turn after the surrender.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Bob12 -- 9/18/2017 1:10:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working und... - 10/3/2017 8:39:19 PM   
Joel Billings

I have sent this on to the programmers to take a look. I confirmed that German construction battalions don't seem to be repairing rails in Italy, and it's been that way for more than a year, if not since release of the game. Probably doesn't come up for most people because usually the Germans are pushed back fairly quickly in southern Italy, and rarely have much chance to repair rails. We will try to figure out what is causing this and get it fixed in a future patch, but I don't have an ETA on when this will happen. Thanks for the report.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Bob12)
Post #: 2
RE: Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working und... - 8/21/2018 1:36:21 PM   
DoomedMantis

I don't think this issue has yet been fixed, at least in Sicily

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working und... - 8/22/2018 6:10:02 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, it looks like that item hasn't been fixed, although it's in our bug system. I think Axis rail repair is still not working. The reality is that there are few cases where the Germans need to repair rails that haven't been retaken due to a major Allied failure that probably means the Allies have lost. But ideally, it should be fixed.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to DoomedMantis)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Battleground Italy axis rail repair not working under .68 beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI