Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes - 9/23/2017 9:00:30 PM   
Halsey1945

I'm trying to make a script & inst file for the Russian Orbat using data from Baloogan. However, on a lot of the regiments and squadrons it just shows the type of aircraft. I've looked long and hard trying to find concrete information on the size of the various different regiments & squadrons. Such as, bomber, transport (fixed wing & rotary), ASW (fixed wing & rotary), fighter, & recon regiments & squadrons. I'm trying to get this right, because I'm hoping to post it in the import section of Baloogan (citing the data creators of course). Anyways, does anyone have a good base line to use? Or, any sites that would help?
Post #: 1
RE: Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes - 9/24/2017 11:12:23 PM   
Gunner98

Not an easy one to pin down. Throughout the Cold War there was a good deal of misinformation and obfuscation, different Fronts had different equipment levels. The PVO and VVS were organized (slightly) differently. Fighters, bombers, long range bombers and reconnaissance all had different numbers.

This is a good site to start with, lots of the data is fixe on the declaration for the CFE (Conventional Forces Europe) treaty in 91: http://www.ww2.dk/new/newindex.htm - no idea how accurate that data was.

As a start state I tend to use:
-Ftr & Ftr Bomber: Regt = 3x Sqn of 12 + 2 for Comd and 3 for training or 41
-Bomber (Su-24): Regt= 3x Sqn of 8 +2 for Comd and 3 for training +2-4 Recon & 2-4 EW = 29 +4 to 8
-LR Bomber (Bears, Badgers): Regt = 3x Sqn of 8 = 24

This Wiki has some conflicting info: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Russian_Aviation_Regiment.html

And the US Army's FM 100-2 has a very general bit, screen clip below.

B

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Halsey1945)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes - 9/26/2017 12:30:52 AM   
Halsey1945

Thank you so much for this information. I will definitely be using it. Just looking at it for five minutes has already cleared up a couple issues I've been having.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian Aviation Regiment & Squadron Sizes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI