Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrade to box and win a coupon!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Upgrade to box and win a coupon! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/22/2017 3:29:44 PM   
AlbertoC

We have great news for you!

First off, we have added our Upgrade-to-box option to many of our titles. If you already own the digital edition of a game, you’ll be able to receive the boxed edition for as little as $10. Check the list of games available, it’s larger than ever before!

Secondly, we’ll be running a promo that no doubt many of you will find extremely attractive. For the next two weeks, until Friday 6th October, if you upgrade any of your games to a boxed edition we’ll send you a coupon for each upgrade you buy, to the value of the upgrade. For every $ you spend you get a $ back! Sounds great, right? Don’t miss the chance! The promotion will run until the 6th October.

Coupons will be issued for all orders placed between the 22nd September and teh 6th October 2017. Coupons will be dispatched by the 20th October. Each boxed upgrade will generate a coupon to the value of the item purchased, so a $10 upgrade generates a $10 coupon, and $15 upgrade generates a $15 coupon. If you order 5x $10 upgrades you will get 5x $10 coupons, not a $50 coupon. Coupons cannot be combined and when redeeming your coupon only one coupon may be entered per order. Coupons are valid until 20th November 2017. Coupons are only valid in the Matrix Games and Slitherine online stores.
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/23/2017 3:59:55 AM   
Ranger33

Wow, you guys must really be wanting to clear some inventory out

Can't argue with that deal, very nice!

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/23/2017 8:39:00 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Wow, you guys must really be wanting to clear some inventory out

Can't argue with that deal, very nice!

The only thing we keep in inventory are printed manuals. All the rest is manufactured on demand after you have placed an order for a box version.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/24/2017 11:18:39 AM   
Crossroads

Sounds great! Do the boxed editions come with manuals as well? Especially, War in the West, and the Decisive Campaigns games?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/24/2017 2:44:26 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Sounds great! Do the boxed editions come with manuals as well? Especially, War in the West, and the Decisive Campaigns games?

Some of those games don't have a printed manual but only a pdf file.

When purchasing games from us each game will be produced in a particular edition, these editions are shown below:

- Digital Express Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it) and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

- Standard Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed grayscale manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

- Collector's Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed full color manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

You can check what type of manual does the game brings in the game product's page under Product Specs. For example in the case of "Gettysburg: The Tide Turns" you can see:
Manual: PDF E-Book
That means it's a pdf manual, not a printed one. So the box won't contain any printed manaual.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/635/details/Gettysburg.The.Tide.Turns

Another example, "War in the East":
Manual: PDF E-Book, Printed - Black & White
This will contain a print B&W manual.

Regarding War in the West it will contain a hardcover printer color manual. The Decisive Campaigns games it will depend. Check each game's product page:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 5
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/24/2017 3:08:14 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Some of those games don't have a printed manual but only a pdf file.

When purchasing games from us each game will be produced in a particular edition, these editions are shown below:

- Digital Express Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it) and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

- Standard Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed grayscale manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

- Collector's Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed full color manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.

You can check what type of manual does the game brings in the game product's page under Product Specs. For example in the case of "Gettysburg: The Tide Turns" you can see:
Manual: PDF E-Book
That means it's a pdf manual, not a printed one. So the box won't contain any printed manaual.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/635/details/Gettysburg.The.Tide.Turns

Another example, "War in the East":
Manual: PDF E-Book, Printed - Black & White
This will contain a print B&W manual.

Regarding War in the West it will contain a hardcover printer color manual. The Decisive Campaigns games it will depend. Check each game's product page:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/

Thanks VPaulus. As both War in the West and Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa mentioned a printed color manual, this was a no brainer. Order sent!

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 6
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/27/2017 9:03:04 PM   
ed72n

On the face of it, this looks like an excellent promotion for people to get printed documentation for previously purchased games. I was immediately interested and was able to quickly find four games to upgrade.

Unfortunately, this promotion does not work for Canadians. The total cost of my selections was $80 CDN but shipping was $51 CDN. It was a no-brainer to forget the order.

Matrix/Slitherine really NEEDS to find a better way to ship to Canada rather than using FedEx. Another problem with FedEx is that they charge hefty brokerage fees on receipt.

I probably would have purchased many, many more boxed editions in the past except for the same reasons.

For your consideration, may I suggest you use the U.S. Postal Service for Canadian orders? They are a LOT cheaper and brokerage fees on receipt are a LOT more reasonable.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 7
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/29/2017 1:07:02 AM   
Hailstone

VPaulus, I suggest you check with Customer Service and Marketing regarding those editions you mentioned: Digital Express, Standard Edition,
and Collector's Edition. I recently purchased Scourge of War: Collector's Edition and did not get what was advertised.
"- Collector's Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number
printed on it), a Printed full color manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual." I reached out to Customer Support and they pretty much blew me off.
He kept mentioning that I bought the Digital Version yet on my receipt it clearly states,"Scourge of War: Collector's Edition". He asked me where
I saw what comes with the Collector's edition and I told him it's on the Home page but he refused to honor what was clearly stated and now
repeated by you. Collector's edition means Collector's edition. Sir, you have attached your name to a LIE.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/29/2017 9:34:24 AM   
JosephM

Hello Hailstone,

Sorry, but what my colleague VPaulus said is 100% correct. As we said in the helpdesk ticket you ordered a download edition of this, so no physical disc is sent on a download edition of a game. The Collector's Edition when mentioned in a game name refers to it being a collection of the base game and some DLC, e.g. SoW Waterloo's Collector's Edition is a collection of the base game and DLC, Warhammer 40k Armageddon Collector's Edition is the base game and the three DLCs released up to the point the Collector's Edition was created, Sengoku Jidai's Collector's Edition contains the DLCs released at release and the base game. If you want a physical edition you need to ensure you are clicking the "Upgrade to Box" button in the cart, and then you are ordering the physical edition with the disc, manual, etc. All games are sold as a digital edition as the default with the Physical edition as an optional add-on.

However as the post says new games have now been added to the Boxed Upgrade page, so you can now purchase the physical edition of this from the link below:
http://www.matrixgames.com/store/boxedupgrade.asp

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 9
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 9/30/2017 4:45:31 PM   
Hailstone

Sir,

How is a customer supposed to know that if Collector's Edition is in the title that it doesn't count? All I see is Collector's Edition. All I see what was advertised on the Home page. All I see is an internal policy that contradicts what is advertised. Can you show me where it says that if Collector's Edition is in the title that it doesn't count? There are two standards here and the customer is only aware of one standard. The company needs to be clear and specify that there is a difference because going strictly by the advertisement is misleading. Now when I dealt with customer service I was pretty ticked off but I just figure I'll learn for next time not to take what's on the website at face value but when VPaulus was promoting the different editions I just lost it and wrote the email. I appreciate the response but it does nothing to correct the problem. Make your internal policy public that regardless what the edition is stated in the title that it is not be confused with your edition policies advertised on the Home page. Sir, does that sound unreasonable?

Sam

Look, apparently I'm too stupid not to know that Collector's Edition bundle doesn't apply to titles that include Collector's Edition. So, I guess I'm too stupid to play these games so I'll just go away. I expected more from Matrix. I expected somebody to acknowledge that selling two products with the same name is ambiguous. I expected Matrix to say we will look into it and see what can be done. In one fantasy I expected Matrix to say sorry for the confusion instead just a defense of a poor marketing policy. Martix has outstanding game moderators but I can't say the same of their back office people.After 3 years and hundreds of dollars spent in your company I will just end my account and move on.

(in reply to JosephM)
Post #: 10
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 10/1/2017 12:41:29 PM   
rico21

You who speak perfectly English you have not understood anything then imagine me!
For me collector it's an old trick nobody wants!
You want to leave us and leave me alone with the dirty dozen?

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 11
RE: Upgrade to box and win a coupon! - 10/2/2017 2:40:24 PM   
Crossroads

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get... While I am sorry to read about my fella grognard's experiences there, I got handed out a true gem.

I knew about the quality of manuals both for DC Barbarossa, and GG WitW, but I was assuming these would be regular plastic boxes with some paperback versions with small font inside. Regardless, I was looking for that. I never expected to receive two HUGE hardcover books, with a CD in the inner leaf of the front cover.

Outstanding stuff, kudos to both the DC and GG teams for providing us with such treats

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Upgrade to box and win a coupon! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI