Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to the game - conducting para drops?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New to the game - conducting para drops? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to the game - conducting para drops? - 10/13/2017 9:07:37 PM   
rocketman71

Currently playing the "Decisions in Ukraine" scenario as the Soviets. Can't figure out how to make para drops. I have tried the method in both the manual and the revised manual, but can't get the appropriate window to open. Does the para unit need to sit atop of a certain air base unit? I play 1.11 beta version.

Post #: 1
RE: New to the game - conducting para drops? - 10/14/2017 4:01:59 AM   
thedoctorking

Here's some advice I got recently when I asked the same question:

Go to this Matrix post, it is most excellent post on para drops. 5 stars on the write up & you will be golden on para drops.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4329540

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 2
RE: New to the game - conducting para drops? - 10/14/2017 4:04:01 AM   
thedoctorking

I especially liked the magic words necessary to make it work. Obviously other people have trouble making everything work as it should.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 3
RE: New to the game - conducting para drops? - 10/14/2017 12:55:16 PM   
Nuklearius

Compared to games like Hearts of Iron this interface is really... unintuitive. Doesn't help that half the time stuff doesn't work because of some hidden game rule that was added after a specific patch.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 4
RE: New to the game - conducting para drops? - 10/14/2017 1:53:04 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nuklearius
Compared to games like Hearts of Iron this interface is really... unintuitive. Doesn't help that half the time stuff doesn't work because of some hidden game rule that was added after a specific patch.

I agree that I think the developers have made a false economy by not replacing the guy who did the manual updates as it would have to hurt their sales. There is an updated condensed rules on these forums. And all the changes are included in the change notes that accompany the software although it means you do have to hunt your way through all of them. And usually there are people on the forums who are happy to help find them.

That said the interface for para drops, even knowing the rules, is particularly awkward. Luckily para drops are not a regular repeat thing every turn though.

(in reply to Nuklearius)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New to the game - conducting para drops? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI