Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/16/2017 8:58:51 PM   
WingedIncubus

Score: 0
My two PBEM games are currently all greyed out as if I had resigned or "completed". I definitely did not resign in either of them. They were started under 1.09.10.

Is it just because neither of my opponents have upgraded to 1.10 yet?

< Message edited by Drakken -- 10/16/2017 9:11:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 12:14:02 AM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Drakken,

If you've updated to the v1.10 version then what you are likely seeing is older games that have finished using the official release PBEM server.

The Beta versions of the game use a different PBEM server, and in order to see those games in progress listed again and to continue playing them you'll have to reinstall the last Beta package v1.09.10

Hubert

(in reply to WingedIncubus)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 1:10:56 AM   
WingedIncubus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Drakken,

If you've updated to the v1.10 version then what you are likely seeing is older games that have finished using the official release PBEM server.

The Beta versions of the game use a different PBEM server, and in order to see those games in progress listed again and to continue playing them you'll have to reinstall the last Beta package v1.09.10

Hubert

Thank you. However, I am on Steam so I do not see how I can revert back to 1.09.10, even under the Betas options.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 1:00:45 PM   
nnason

I can confirm installing 1.10.10 beta over the official update works. My games when from grey to playable.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

Post #: 4
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 3:42:46 PM   
Christolos

quote:

Hi Drakken,

Hubert

Is it possible to continue v1.09.10 Beta PBEM++ games after upgrading to v1.10, by launching the game with the v1.09.10 Beta executable file located in the game folder? If so, where can one get the v1.09.10 Beta executable file after upgrading to to v1.10?

This worked for continuing earlier BETA versions from within earlier official version upgrades.

Thanks,

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Post #: 5
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 10:52:05 PM   
Hubert Cater

Yes, the Beta v1.09.10 and the official v1.10 release are more or less the same other than the Beta EXE pointing to the Beta PBEM server while the v1.10 release points to the official server.

You could install the v1.09.10 Beta and then rename the SC3 EXE accordingly and then install the v1.10 official release/update and then you'll have the two EXEs side by side in your installation folder. Then running the desired EXE should work as expected.

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/17/2017 10:55:42 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Thank you. However, I am on Steam so I do not see how I can revert back to 1.09.10, even under the Betas options.

This might not be directly possible via Steam now that the Beta has closed, but if you send me an email I should be able to help you directly.

Send to support@furysoftware.com

Post #: 7
RE: v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed - 10/18/2017 1:06:48 AM   
Christolos

quote:

Yes, the Beta v1.09.10 and the official v1.10 release are more or less the same other than the Beta EXE pointing to the Beta PBEM server while the v1.10 release points to the official server.

You could install the v1.09.10 Beta and then rename the SC3 EXE accordingly and then install the v1.10 official release/update and then you'll have the two EXEs side by side in your installation folder. Then running the desired EXE should work as expected.

Fantastic!

Many thanks for the quick and very clear answer!

Cheers,

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> v1.10 update: PBEM games considered as completed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI