Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 5:50:15 PM   
SparkleyTits

Here is AGN it is a sensitive photo and I am anxious to show it but I have made all the possible preperations I can to ensure there is no complications

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 10/18/2017 5:52:24 PM >

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 121
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 5:55:22 PM   
SparkleyTits

Here is AGC I made little ground this turn but it should cause a retreat as I changed tactics and started putting my forces into little fists with elastic bands in between this seems a much more effective use of force

Post #: 122
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 5:58:02 PM   
SparkleyTits

And finally AGS he does not want to give the Dnepr up but atleast I am over and can now roll him back

Post #: 123
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 6:07:12 PM   
Crackaces

Bomb the port .. or isolate all external ports .. isolate Leningrad! You are there turn 8!

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Post #: 124
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 6:10:55 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Bomb the port .. or isolate all external ports .. isolate Leningrad! You are there turn 8!

Crackaces has got the scent of blood for those poor Leningraders!

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 125
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 6:16:51 PM   
SparkleyTits

My bombers were used on more important targets

I don't see Leningrad being anything but gone he can struggle me for it and keep my forces stalled there which would have merits for sure but Psych0 would just run the risk of more losses and encirclements again at this point and end up throwing good men into an already bad situation

It is my only good theatre though Moscow is going to be a bloody fortress!!!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 126
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 6:44:14 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Crackaces has got the scent of blood for those poor Leningraders!

You think? hehehehehehe

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 127
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:26:39 PM   
Psych0

Auch, I was sort of expecting that break north. You made 200% sure of the outcome now, but it's at the cost of punching power towards Moscow. So I'm not complaining. I didn't want to withhold you this picture of what will be there once you get there. I reckon I won't need to evac any industry from Moscow.

Another benefit of losing Leningrad so spectacularly is that the Finns won't be in play AT ALL. I'll just have to stay outside their 'no move line', something not so hard to achieve in this situation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 128
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:33:09 PM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Here is AGN it is a sensitive photo and I am anxious to show it but I have made all the possible preperations I can to ensure there is no complications

By all means reveal the sensitive stuff with a delay, I didn't mean you had to reveal state secrets when I asked for the visible CVs :)

Post #: 129
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:36:45 PM   
bigbaba

very good move in the north sparkly. you cut the railroad and can give them the rest with your infantry while you can now divert a bunch of high moral panzer divisions to the south and you still have a lot of turns to get somewhere in the center or south. personally I would say send the 1st panzerarmee to the center because it will take you 3 turns till they are in the south and available.

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 130
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:39:50 PM   
SparkleyTits

Yeah if I had more manpower kills under my belt I would not of gone for it and taken my time but I need all the pockets I can get atm

Model is already on his way to Moscow but I am wary of what one man can do against the absolute monster he will arrive to meet

Yeah I have been trying to think how I will get to the no move line as I assumed that would be the cleverest thing to do with the situation in the north

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 131
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:47:52 PM   
SparkleyTits

I don't understand what you mean Baba the 1st PzG is already in the south.
Do you mean divert the 4th to the centre?

Definitely what I plan as they are set up well to support either a one force hammer lunge or two front fight towards Moscow

Post #: 132
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 7:51:07 PM   
SparkleyTits

Not at all Nix no need to worry
I have hidden some of the sensitive information that is needed to be hidden for this turn but I felt confident enough in AGN that I thought it would be ok to show it

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 133
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 11:03:59 PM   
Psych0

OK, nearing the end of my turn and I spotted something interesting in the south. See the Cav Div SE of Nikolaev? It just has enough to put a ZOC on the end of the southern rail line. So it stops the progress of his rail head for a turn I guess. What happens to the FBD when the ZOC displaces it?

As a bonus 40 damaged planes transport/recon plan will be destroyed.

Also notice Odessa still holding out...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 134
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 11:12:31 PM   
Psych0

Never mind, I saw what happened with the FBD as I displaced it. It retreated to Teplik, 6 hexes to the NW. The Rumanian FBD is in Tulchin, not on the screenshot, but it's 4 hexes NW of Kodyma. So that means the Rumanian FBD can't help out next turn on this line and the German FBD can only convert 1 or 2 hexes next turn. A little coup at the cost of a measly Cav. Will make his supply in the south worse and teaches an important lesson of not leaving any flanks open.

Or perhaps Sparkles switches to the line from Tulchin-Teplik?

< Message edited by Psych0 -- 10/18/2017 11:15:05 PM >

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 135
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/18/2017 11:26:52 PM   
SparkleyTits

I feel I am starting to get my flanks better protected than the first few sorry turns
I am learning all of this on the fly

Yeah I tried setting up ready for the two possibilities that may of occured in the south so luckily with my FBD moving there hopefully I don't lose any MP and it will be fine?

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 136
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 1:13:48 AM   
Psych0

Righto, T8 done. I'll post screenies later, bedtime now.

North: I re-established a semblance of a front. I doubt it will help much. So what will happen once Leningrad is isolated? Don't the urban hexes provide some sort of supply? Anyay, good job Sparkles, I have to say. I saw those panzers sitting there last turn, not moving much, so that must have been another HQ BU (or a couple) for Manstein. He's addicted it seems

Centre: Pulled back a bit, was too exposed. Fortress Moscow is taking shape nicely. As I got a 175 AP boost again this turn, I built a whole bunch of fortified regions assuming that those can increase fort levels above 2, correct? Probably have to attach sappers to them directly. Will have to figure that out next turn. When does mud arrive, T14? That would be a first for me to go beyond that milestone!

South: Pulled back to the next minor river line, forgot the name, 2 rivers west of Poltava. Entrenchments along the next minor river are being dug by divisions with highish construction value. Further south the Dnepr is held strongly. I even had some rail cap spare to take out more industry from Dnepopetrovsk at double cost. I want to keep my track record this game of no heavy industry destroyed. I just don't have much elsewhere to evacuate so why not?!

Post #: 137
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 1:51:02 AM   
bigbaba

spending 8 precious AP on fortified regions is a waste of AP IMHO. I would prefer better leaders, good c&c system and the right SU for each army. but hey, it is your game.:)

and is the bug still existing which caused soviet sapper and construction units to not help to build fort levels? I thought it was still there-

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 138
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 2:12:33 AM   
SparkleyTits

Yeah still the update where sappers and construction only work when attaching them specifially to units

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 139
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 3:55:38 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

spending 8 precious AP on fortified regions is a waste of AP IMHO. I would prefer better leaders, good c&c system and the right SU for each army. but hey, it is your game.:)

and is the bug still existing which caused soviet sapper and construction units to not help to build fort levels? I thought it was still there-

Yup, still pro German since they can attach to units and they work just fine for them. Unfortunately the spending of 8 app is necessary for the Soviets :(

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 140
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 4:22:04 AM   
SparkleyTits

Are Model and Manstein better use in a corp or an army?

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 141
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:01:56 AM   
Psych0

I had screenies of the end of my T8 but as Sparkles is so quick in returning his turn, I might as well ignore those and post screenies of the start of my T9.

With a little gift for Manstein... "Man, Psych0 is annoying!" I now hear Sparkles thinking

Attachment (1)

Post #: 142
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:03:03 AM   
Psych0

Need to pull back a little further in front of Moscow...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 143
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:04:09 AM   
Psych0

... and ditto for the southern part of the Moscow front.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 144
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:06:05 AM   
Psych0

And AGS has a bridgehead across the Dnepr near D-town. Ah well, a larger than planned retreat on the cards here...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 145
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:08:18 AM   
Psych0

Overview of the losses at this point in time...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 146
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:09:46 AM   
Psych0

Air losses

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 147
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:12:30 AM   
Psych0

Destroyed units has been fairly minimal lately. Isolated Leningrad to come of course.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 148
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 6:16:19 AM   
Psych0

And lastly, 4.6m vs 3.5m on the OOB...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 149
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/19/2017 10:51:35 AM   
SparkleyTits

I hate this game

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI