Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recon mission planning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Recon mission planning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 7:01:05 AM   
HellcatOne

I have to plan one recon mission with RF84F ThunderFlash. What is a best way? Make a support type mission with low, fast single passage or use patrol area choice?
I never use/make recce mission before, i have no idea to do it!
Post #: 1
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 1:21:50 PM   
Sakai007

Unless the recon asset has radar of some sort, or the mission is in/near enemy airspace, I tend to run the flight manually. With an asset that has SLAR or something to that effect I use a support mission.

(in reply to HellcatOne)
Post #: 2
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 3:00:00 PM   
KungPao

Depends on the situation, if you suspect the mission area is a high risk area, a support type with pre-planned route is preferred . Otherwise use a patrol zone and make the recon stay there longer.
Note if you are using ASuW patrol zone and an unknown target pop-up, the recon will dive down , cycling around until the target is identified, you might lose your recon to enemy AAA fire. An AAW patrol zone can be a choice to avoid this situation, just be careful about enemy fighter.

< Message edited by KungPao -- 10/20/2017 5:01:35 PM >

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

(in reply to Sakai007)
Post #: 3
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 4:32:40 PM   
Cik

support is best I find. on patrols they tend to facecheck hard-to-see AAA and SAMs and often die unless watched like a hawk.

on support they will fly the track and not deviate unless specifically ordered to. if they don't see anything where they currently are, you can always move the support refpoints a little closer until you are satisfied with what you are detecting.

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 4
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 6:23:14 PM   
Gunner98

Yeah I like using the support mission as well. You can set the speed & altitude and if it is a high risk area you can have it simply do one circuit. If less risky you can have it run a continuous patrol and creep the route into the target area, starting from a safe stand-off then on the next circuit, move the track in by the range of the sensors (slant range), and so forth onto the target area.

B

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 5
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 10:07:48 PM   
HellcatOne

Thanks for response.
The area i need to scout in in enemy territory and protected by CAP patrol ( and AAA or Sam i suspect).
The RF84 Thunderflash don't have any sort of radar.
Another question: When i see scouted enemy? When my recon pass over it or i wait the plane are landed?

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Recon mission planning - 10/20/2017 10:15:13 PM   
Cik

immediately, assuming the aircraft is connected to your communications net in some way.

granted i don't think the sim supports photo recon, so if your thunderflash was to have it's radio shot out i don't know if there's a way to somehow extract it's intelligence once it's landed, or anything.

could model that with lua though.

< Message edited by Cik -- 10/20/2017 10:16:19 PM >

(in reply to HellcatOne)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Recon mission planning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI