Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan - 10/24/2017 9:53:14 AM   
Adam106

Is there any way to manually add additional waypoints into the auto generated flight plan for Land Strike type missions?

The editor does a good job of generating a flight plan, but I'd like to add an additional waypoint or two for extra control of routing and altitude. I know I could manually plot a course, but this would delete/disregard to the auto flight plan which defeats the purpose. It would send the A/C RTB as soon as weapons are gone instead of following an egress route.

(I'm trying to force a dive bomb type delivery with dumb bombs from medium altitude, by playing with closely located waypoints in target location each with different altitudes. I can see it would work well, but need more waypoints.)

We desperately need a way to specify the attack / delivery method with dumb weapons. The default loadout profiles all have delivery from a low level (200ft) laydown / level profile, sometimes not ideal.....with Manpads and AAA.

< Message edited by Adam106 -- 10/24/2017 9:56:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan - 10/26/2017 6:50:43 PM   
HaughtKarl

Under Help ---> Hotkeys there's a few tips listed for creating new waypoints and reference points.

Press and hold Ctrl key, select and drag existing waypoint. Do the same for adding additional reference points.

quote:

It would send the A/C RTB as soon as weapons are gone instead of following an egress route.

If a mission is made with the strike planner your units should RTB along the drawn egress route once they expend their ordnance on the target. Sometimes, if I want to manually do everything, I'll launch my air units without assigning them to mission, and once air born I'll manually plot their waypoints and assign targets. If you do everything manually you need to make sure Weapon State RTB is set to
No, aircraft do not RTB when weapon state is reached. otherwise they will fly a direct route back to base once they bombed the target.

< Message edited by HaughtKarl -- 10/26/2017 8:00:26 PM >

(in reply to Adam106)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan - 10/26/2017 7:59:54 PM   
HaughtKarl

woops double post

< Message edited by HaughtKarl -- 10/26/2017 8:00:45 PM >

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Adding waypoints into Strike flightplan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI