Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombardment group stick around and not retire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bombardment group stick around and not retire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 10:52:36 AM   
GetAssista

So, I have a save with a strange behaviour of one of my bombardment groups. It just stubbornly stays in place after doing the night bombardment. Just does not look like normal mechanics.

All the usual suspects are out of the question:
Bombardment is done on a base - Hirosaki/Aomory from Hakodate. Was done in the same pattern successfully many times before. "Retirement allowed" TF option is surely checked. Range is very short, 2 hexes in 2 hexes out for a 6/3 move BB group with full action points. No waypoints. Direct/Absolute threat levels set. No other engagements for this group, no CD guns, no mines, no sub attacks.

Surely gets pounded away by air from Tokyo, and given this is Ironman Nasty all my dozen BBs and CAs get spectacularly sunk in one turn. But I'd prefer it work as designed instead
Post #: 1
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 11:12:40 AM   
Bullwinkle58

It might be that you're leaving and returning to a base on a strait. Depending on how the code sees the destination, possibly two straits. Just a guess.

The Moose

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 11:26:52 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
It might be that you're leaving and returning to a base on a strait. Depending on how the code sees the destination, possibly two straits. Just a guess.

Might be, but why did the behaviour change? I did the very same bombardment run like 20 times with no problems

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 1:14:14 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Might be, but why did the behaviour change? I did the very same bombardment run like 20 times with no problems

My only guess is there has been a radical change in the Air Superiority calculations in the background, so the routing might not then be 2 hexes each way.

The Moose

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 4
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 3:24:01 PM   
Lokasenna

Are you using the most recent beta? There was an issue some time back (a couple of years) where bombardment TFs with slower BBs wouldn't perform bombardments correctly in terms of the expected movement. I forget what the exact issue was, but it happened to me a couple of times.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 5
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 3:30:04 PM   
Lokasenna

I dug up the thread. I'm not sure if you've got the same thing going on as you were only 2 hexes out, but here it is:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4012428

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6
RE: Bombardment group stick around and not retire - 10/25/2017 4:50:46 PM   
GetAssista

I've figured it out. Working as designed, if not particularly intended. A byproduct of inability to separate full refuel from full rearm for TFs.

Bombardments were fine with base in enemy (Japan) hands. They contunied fine with base changing hands, Japan troops still there, but zero fuel in stock. At some point the base started drawing fuel from somewhere else. And here things stopped being fine since "Full refuel" bombardment group tried refuelling from the target base expending all action points in the process. I keep it on full refuel to have it rearm at home base and not send a turn doing so. Will have to now, but at least all is clear

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bombardment group stick around and not retire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI