Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/20/2017 9:29:03 PM   
AZKGungHo

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the quick work and the information. Strange thing is I'm playing SC WW2 with right click enabled but in the mods it wasn't. I'm downloading the fixed mod package and will install and check it as soon as I've got it. Really happy to see this and appreciate everyone who's worked on this.

Everything seems to be working fine now - THANKS AGAIN!! SC just keeps on getting better and better.

< Message edited by AZKGungHo -- 10/20/2017 9:36:33 PM >

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 31
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 12:46:02 AM   
Hairog

Sorry had massive login problems for the last 3 days.

I just tried Steam and had no success with any downloads

Used Matrix installer and everything is running well.

Tried WWIII 1946 and all went well with my download. All pop ups are working etc.

There is a readme that isn't included that I will post HERE

I hope you enjoy the Mod, I know I had fun making it.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 32
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 6:04:16 AM   
Icier

quote:

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the quick work and the information. Strange thing is I'm playing SC WW2 with right click enabled but in the mods it wasn't. I'm downloading the fixed mod package and will install and check it as soon as I've got it. Really happy to see this and appreciate everyone who's worked on this.

Everything seems to be working fine now - THANKS AGAIN!! SC just keeps on getting better and better.

+1

Also would like to add that by adding the community content (for free) you have guaranteed a long life for your game
& a lot of respect from gamers like me!

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 33
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 6:08:20 AM   
n0kn0k

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks for the fixes Ben and Hybridspyda and for anyone still having issues with Steam you can actually use the latest Matrix installer as it will also work even if you only have the Steam version as it installs the same to your Windows User folder for the game.

That was the first thing I tried after the Steam update didn't work. But since my Matrix install wasn't uptodate yet, it gave an error.
It ignored my Steam install.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 34
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 11:02:38 AM   
Red2112

Uninstalled the Steam version and Installed the Matrix version +v1.10, then the community mod installer. All good now, mods/scenarios can be seen in "single player".

As a side note for the devs, when installing the v1.10 update, either single zip file Matrix Installer, or via de "check for updates" file downloader, I get a "missing license agreement text file error", maybe someone forgot to add it to the v1.10 update. The installation still follows it´s course but you do get that msg on start-up of the installer.

(in reply to n0kn0k)
Post #: 35
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 3:45:22 PM   
Cyrano

I confess to being defeated.

I have, twice now, uninstalled my Steam version and first tried to run the installer. It tells me, consistently, that I do not have the game installed.

I then tried to get Steam to verify my files. Which it consistently does.

Despite all this, I have none of the Community Content in my scenario options list.

Something else I should be doing?

My Thanks,

Jim

"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 36
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 4:15:54 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

There is the possibility (for a convoluted technical reason) that the Steam Community Pack may have installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\CommunityPack

If it has, all you'll have to do is copy the contents of this folder and then paste it in this folder on your end and it should then be working as intended:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Let me know if this does the trick for you,
Hubert

(in reply to Cyrano)
Post #: 37
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 5:37:51 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

There is the possibility (for a convoluted technical reason) that the Steam Community Pack may have installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\CommunityPack

If it has, all you'll have to do is copy the contents of this folder and then paste it in this folder on your end and it should then be working as intended:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

Hubert

Did not work for me. I also note that on the Steam store page for the Community Pack, the 'download' button does nothing other than bring up the SC3 startup window.

Steam players could easily install the pack if Matrix would provide it without their installer. I suppose just as easy, is simply to go to the mods sub-forum and get each one individually (assuming that the downloads available from the mods sub-forum are exactly the same as those in the Pack).

[later]

I guess Steam took a while to catch up, as it just now updated my game to include the Community Pack.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 10/21/2017 10:52:21 PM >

Post #: 38
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 7:51:57 PM   
n0kn0k

quote:

Hi Cyrano, n0kn0k,

Hubert

Restarting steam actually already did the trick. ;)

Post #: 39
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/21/2017 10:27:07 PM   
Icier

Hi all, a couple of questions.

1) currently playing 1938 the calm before the storm, enjoying it, but does anyone have instructions as I am flying blind.
2) can this be played as a pbem game?
3) anyone know how to shrink the screen as I cant get access to any of my other icons without saving & closing the game.
4) are there supposed to be a separate menu for each game or do they all use the SC menu?
5) anyone played to till the end & does it crash?

(in reply to n0kn0k)
Post #: 40
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/22/2017 1:53:26 AM   
Cyrano

No luck for me, I fear.

I'm installed on a "D" drive with a "C" for a boot, but that file shows up nowhere.

As I indicated, the non-Steam patch never gets to an extraction step. It seems to find no SC installed and just gives up.

"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 41
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/22/2017 11:45:55 AM   
jelelo94

Hello there.

When I try to start a new campaign whith the "Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign", an error pops up with this message: "FAILED(initialize_morale_flag_surface): Segmentation violation"

I can´t go any further. I reinstalled everything but the error remains.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cyrano)
Post #: 42
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/22/2017 1:18:43 PM   
majpalmer

Still nothing on Steam. I've reinstalled Steam, reinstalled the game, verified the files...nothing!

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 43
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/22/2017 5:15:32 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

3) anyone know how to shrink the screen as I cant get access to any of my other icons without saving & closing the game.

I know this one ! Hit the 'Esc' key.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 44
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/22/2017 8:03:08 PM   
Icier

Thanks for that.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 45
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 5:11:19 AM   
AZKGungHo

HI,

No problem looking forward to diving in. But I do have one question. I put a video on my YouTube Channel showing off the games and talking about wanting to play the WW 3 mod.

It was pointed out to me by a viewer that the resolution was slightly off - you can't see all the screen. I'm using the same resolution as I do for the regular game. So I'm wondering if your mod has a different resolution? IF so what is it or how can I capture all of it on screen?

The video is located here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6NcUAo6o8 About 13 minutes and 38 seconds into it.

Thanks for your help.

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 46
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 5:38:28 AM   
Icier

just had a look at the video & couldn't see anything wrong.

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 47
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 1:16:14 PM   
Benedict151

Hello all
I'm sorry for the issues with the Steam version of the DLC pack
We will look into it

apologies
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 48
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 3:36:23 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi AZKGungHo,

Great stuff and thanks for doing this

The video looks fine to me as well, other than perhaps the top little bit of the game screen looking a bit cut off but not by much. Also, the mods don't have specific resolutions associated with them, they just work at the same resolution as the default.

Hubert

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 49
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 5:55:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: jelelo94

Hello there.

When I try to start a new campaign whith the "Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign", an error pops up with this message: "FAILED(initialize_morale_flag_surface): Segmentation violation"

I can´t go any further. I reinstalled everything but the error remains.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jelelo94,

Just to confirm, have you tried installing the latest version of the Community Pack found here?

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/StrategicCommandWWIICommunityPack/StrategicCommand-CommunityPack-SetupRelease-v1.10.zip

If not, does it now resolve your issue for you?

Hubert

(in reply to jelelo94)
Post #: 50
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 11:07:05 PM   
AZKGungHo

Hi Hubert,

It was that little bit on top that I was talking about. Well as you said it's not a huge deal so I'll go ahead and see how it works out. One of my viewers had pointed this out to me so I wanted to check it.

Thanks again,

- Louie

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org

Post #: 51
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/23/2017 11:56:33 PM   
Icier

Hi Guys,

am I correct in thinking only Fall Weiss 11 is the only game to be played as a PBEM?

(in reply to Muso)
Post #: 52
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/25/2017 12:40:32 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ice

Hi Guys,

am I correct in thinking only Fall Weiss 11 is the only game to be played as a PBEM?

It's actually Fall Weiss II (2) and it's called that because the original made for SC2 was based on the campaign Fall Weiss.

Anyways, thanks for acknowledging that the mod is PBEM ready. It is not as ambitious as some of the other Mods by any means, but it is meant to be clean, detailed and well balanced. Most of all it is meant to be challenging vs the AI which was why I originally began the mod.

Even to this day the AI still beats me 50/50, although I shy away from playing gamey, so who knows how others find the AI.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 53
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/25/2017 4:28:14 PM   
jelelo94

Hi Hubert,

I had it already installed before but I reinstalled it anyway.

The problem remains.

During the last try I realized that the problem only appear in some mods. For example, Fall Weis loads just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Post #: 54
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 1:52:58 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Jelelo94,

This is an odd one for sure as I am unable to repeat it and yours is the only report of this so far. Perhaps something about the install or your system that the game just doesn't like in combination with this particular MOD.

One thing you can try is to navigate to the MOD folder and delete that file to see if that helps (morale_flag_sprites.png):

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns\_Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign\Bitmaps

Or simply rename it for now to see if it will load without that file.

Hubert

(in reply to jelelo94)
Post #: 55
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 2:18:52 PM   
jelelo94

Hi Hubert, thanks for the answer.

I tried by renaming the file, but then the error pops up with other png file (unit_nato_flag_sprites), so I renamed all png files in that folder. Now, when I run the mod the error is different (see picture).

Thanks for your support.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 56
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 3:38:42 PM   
ILCK

I saw the post discussing that it would save any existing user-made campaigns but I am not sure where that would be. I see nothing in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe that looks like what I would expect to be this save of other campaign.

(in reply to jelelo94)
Post #: 57
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 4:20:17 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: jelelo94

Hi Hubert, thanks for the answer.

I tried by renaming the file, but then the error pops up with other png file (unit_nato_flag_sprites), so I renamed all png files in that folder. Now, when I run the mod the error is different (see picture).

Thanks for your support.

Try the following then, navigate to the same user folder for the MOD, i.e. this one here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns\_Advanced Third Reich 1939 Campaign

Then open the 'campaign.ini' file and change the following line to this:

#CUSTOM_BITMAPS= 0

Save the file and then relaunch the game and load the mod and hopefully this does the trick... however you will not be playing with any customized bitmaps for the MOD.

Hubert

(in reply to jelelo94)
Post #: 58
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 4:22:00 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: ILCK

I saw the post discussing that it would save any existing user-made campaigns but I am not sure where that would be. I see nothing in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe that looks like what I would expect to be this save of other campaign.

Hi ILCK,

If you navigate to the following folder you should see a BACKUP of the previous CAMPAIGNS folder, hopefully this helps:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\

Just copy/paste any from the backup CAMPAIGNS folder over to this folder and it should work fine after that:

Hubert

(in reply to ILCK)
Post #: 59
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/26/2017 4:25:05 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi jelelo94,

I would also recommend updating the game to the latest v1.10 just in case you haven't already done so and in case this will make a difference to the error you are reporting on your end.

Hubert

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI