Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after mission

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after mission Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after mission - 11/2/2017 2:18:06 PM   
4personalbusiness

Japan is returning 2 cvps to their cvs after a ground support mission to Port Vila. Game crashes during landing phase (whence or manual). File attached. Couldn't save the game during landing phase so you'll have to play through an unrelated A2A combat in Siberia.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 4personalbusiness -- 11/2/2017 4:41:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after m... - 11/2/2017 7:09:47 PM   
Centuur

The game seems to go into a loop...

Peter

(in reply to 4personalbusiness)
Post #: 2
RE: v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after m... - 11/2/2017 8:01:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness

Japan is returning 2 cvps to their cvs after a ground support mission to Port Vila. Game crashes during landing phase (whence or manual). File attached. Couldn't save the game during landing phase so you'll have to play through an unrelated A2A combat in Siberia.

Very strange.

The program is having trouble placing the second Carrier Air unit in the stack of units at sea. I've never seen this problem before. The 2 class carrier air unit goes onto the 2 class carrier fine. But the second 2 class carrier air unit is unable to land aboard the 4 class carrier that is partially loaded.

I'll investigate some more after breakfast.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to 4personalbusiness)
Post #: 3
RE: v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after m... - 11/2/2017 9:55:46 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The saved game is damaged.

One of the carrier air units flying the ground support mission is shown in both the land hex and also in the at sea hex from which it flew the ground support mission. What should happen (and did happen for the other carrier air unit) is that once the carrier air unit leaves the carrier, its image in the at sea hex should disappear. And then its image appears in the land hex that's the destination of the ground support mission.

When the program tries to return the carrier air unit to the at sea hex, it gets confused because the carrier air unit is already there. I think it is trying to sort the stack and the fact two of the units have the same (internal) ID number means the sort never completes (which unit has the smaller ID number???????????...).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after m... - 11/3/2017 5:33:12 PM   
4personalbusiness

Steve, your analysis was correct. I reconstructed from the invasion phase and the cvps landed without a problem. All is well. Thanks!

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> v2.6.1 - Game ending bug landing cvps on cv after mission Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI