Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/26/2017 7:47:47 PM   
BTAxis

I noticed a small oversight in the readme document, the ctrl+enter hotkey for freighter cargo is missing from the list of hotkeys at the end of the document.

Also, a couple of pages back you talked about manually ordering a freighter to a construction ship via the freighter alt+ commands, but when I tried doing just that it caused an exception: https://pastebin.com/JBHAZXUm

On a happier note, I did a full reinstall of DWU and that seems to have fixed the exception issues I had with the ship design screen. I'm still getting the missing family error popups though, sadly.

< Message edited by BTAxis -- 10/26/2017 7:48:07 PM >

(in reply to OzoneGrif_slith)
Post #: 301
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/27/2017 1:05:30 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: BTAxis

I noticed a small oversight in the readme document, the ctrl+enter hotkey for freighter cargo is missing from the list of hotkeys at the end of the document.

Also, a couple of pages back you talked about manually ordering a freighter to a construction ship via the freighter alt+ commands, but when I tried doing just that it caused an exception: https://pastebin.com/JBHAZXUm

On a happier note, I did a full reinstall of DWU and that seems to have fixed the exception issues I had with the ship design screen. I'm still getting the missing family error popups though, sadly.

HI. I've made some updates to the freighter to construction ship missions. Yeah, there was a bug which you found. I've fixed it. Among other things, the version 1.5 could transport luxury items to the constructor, which is worthless. The null exception could happen if the origin cargo was null. It should be fixed in the current version under development.

(in reply to BTAxis)
Post #: 302
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/27/2017 1:07:42 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: OzoneGrif

Hi, amazing mod.

I just noticed a bug : You can build the Super Weapons right at the beginning of the game.
Usually, you can't move the science screen over them until you finished the whole weapon tree.

I am using Extended Universe (with your patch), not sure if that changes anything.

Hi,

I'm glad you like it. I didn't change the tech tree (other than adding bomber bays to the tech that unlocks fighters). I saw that you are right as regards super area weapons. The others still have prerequisites though. It must be that way in the Extended mod.

Post #: 303
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/27/2017 9:49:45 AM   
BTAxis

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon
HI. I've made some updates to the freighter to construction ship missions. Yeah, there was a bug which you found. I've fixed it. Among other things, the version 1.5 could transport luxury items to the constructor, which is worthless. The null exception could happen if the origin cargo was null. It should be fixed in the current version under development.

Hm, I was trying to supply my construction ship from my homeworld though. Definitely not null cargo there.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 304
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/28/2017 2:42:58 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: BTAxis

Hm, I was trying to supply my construction ship from my homeworld though. Definitely not null cargo there.

OK, a little more investigating and I found the real cause. I was removing luxury items by checking if each potential cargo was a luxury or not. I didn't realize that ship components were potential cargos (armor, engines, and other thigns your base builds in preparation for assembling a ship). Those are not defined as luxury or not so it threw a null exception. Definitely fixed now.
I should be able to put out an update this weekend. Until then you might want to avoid manual supply missions to constructors. At least the crash is recoverable and doesn't crash the game.

(in reply to BTAxis)
Post #: 305
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/28/2017 11:02:45 AM   
OzoneGrif_slith

Just my feedback after some use of the mod. I love it really much, there's only one thing with the Gravity Wells.

It would be amazing that, instead of just On/Off, we could define a fixed maximum speed (like 200 or 250), or a speed multiplier. I have the feeling that slowing down ships is neat for many reasons, but slowing them to a stall is just killing the rhythm of the game (at least for me). At these speed, the gravity well will still bother all logistics and tactical responses without killing the flow of ships.

That could be an option in the Settings file, for exemple.
Right now, I will just disable Gravity Wells, which makes me sad. :)

Thanks again for your efforts.

< Message edited by OzoneGrif -- 10/28/2017 11:14:40 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 306
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/29/2017 1:16:44 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: OzoneGrif

Just my feedback after some use of the mod. I love it really much, there's only one thing with the Gravity Wells.

It would be amazing that, instead of just On/Off, we could define a fixed maximum speed (like 200 or 250), or a speed multiplier. I have the feeling that slowing down ships is neat for many reasons, but slowing them to a stall is just killing the rhythm of the game (at least for me). At these speed, the gravity well will still bother all logistics and tactical responses without killing the flow of ships.

That could be an option in the Settings file, for exemple.
Right now, I will just disable Gravity Wells, which makes me sad. :)

Thanks again for your efforts.

Hi,

Setting a maximum speed would actually be quite difficult for a number of reasons I won't go into. I considered that at one time and rejected it as unfeasible.
If gravity wells are slowing your game down too much you can minimized their affects by doing the following:
1 Make sure the "Smaller ships jump sooner" setting is true.
2 Research larger ship sizes as soon as possible.
3 Make sure you build your ships to less than maximum size- especially your freighters.
4 If your starting world is the first planet in the system you might want to restart until you get a planet a little farther out toward the edge.
5 research faster engines. Sublight speed is very important now.

By the time I get to the mid-game I find that the gravity well is only occupying the inner third part of most systems for most of my ships. I barely even notice it. If all else fails you can turn it off as you have chosen to do.

Post #: 307
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/29/2017 1:44:03 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.51 should be out later today or tomorrow. I packed a lot of changes into version 1.5 and a few bugs crept in so this version will most be bug fixes.

1 Fixed a bug in assigning a cargo mission to a construction ship.
2 Fixed a bug in repeatable missions.
3 Fixed a bug in ship selection dropdown "state ships". Ships were duplicated.
4 Fixed a bug preventing the AI from creating asteroid colonies.
5 new command !braveships will set all designs for your empire that have flee setting to 'when enemy sighted' to 'when attacked'. This is just a time saver from doing it manually for each design.
6 State freighters that are not automated will no longer be assigned missions by the AI.
7 Increased starting population for asteroid colonies from 1000 to 30000. This is because , due to rounding, a population of 1000 doesn't grow.
8 Added new atats for Bacon Stats Tracker: total ships killed, total ships lost, total resources mined.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 308
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/29/2017 6:21:10 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

7 Increased starting population for asteroid colonies from 1000 to 30000. This is because , due to rounding, a population of 1000 doesn't grow.

great work as always Roger

just a question: can you tell me what the maximum population of a colony based on an asteroid is ?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 309
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/29/2017 11:32:20 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.51 released.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 310
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/30/2017 11:27:42 AM   
BTAxis

Nice!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 311
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/30/2017 1:59:10 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

quote:

just a question: can you tell me what the maximum population of a colony based on an asteroid is ?

It depends on the size and quality. Usually asteroids start with quality 0 but I noticed that ones added with the editor seem to have quality 1.0 which is hte highest. A default asteroid can hold in the high 10 thousands or maybe low 100,000s. A fully terraformed asteroid can hold hundreds of millions.

Post #: 312
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/30/2017 3:56:58 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

quote:

quote:

It depends on the size and quality. Usually asteroids start with quality 0 but I noticed that ones added with the editor seem to have quality 1.0 which is hte highest. A default asteroid can hold in the high 10 thousands or maybe low 100,000s. A fully terraformed asteroid can hold hundreds of millions.

is it possible to terraform asteroids ?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 313
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/30/2017 5:56:09 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

is it possible to terraform asteroids ?

Yes. Just build a terraforming facility like you would on any planet.

Post #: 314
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/30/2017 11:08:30 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

Terraforming: is it possible only in your Bacon mod or also in the vanilla game ?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 315
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/31/2017 12:33:30 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Terraforming: is it possible only in your Bacon mod or also in the vanilla game ?

Terraforming in the regular game only increases the rate of repair of eco-damaged colonies (which is already blazingly fast). My mod allow you to improve the habitability rating up to a value you set in the facilities.txt file under the terraforming facility.

Post #: 316
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 5:59:36 PM   
exin

In my game version 1.45, I build the Terraforming Facilities on planets but I don't see the planet quality raising :(.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 317
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 6:23:12 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: exin

In my game version 1.45, I build the Terraforming Facilities on planets but I don't see the planet quality raising :(.

maybe it take some time more than what you expected for planet quality to raise

(in reply to exin)
Post #: 318
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 6:30:45 PM   
Sabranan

Exin if you're using the BaconWorld theme then it should just work out of the box.

If you're using some other mod, an edit to its facilities.txt file is required to get it working as described here.

The base game doesn't include the terraforming changes.

(in reply to exin)
Post #: 319
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 6:44:53 PM   
exin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

Exin if you're using the BaconWorld theme then it should just work out of the box.

If you're using some other mod, an edit to its facilities.txt file is required to get it working as described.

Using only BaconWorld, no other mods. My customization folder only has: BaconWorld, Distant Worlds Original and The Ancient Galaxy.

I've also let the game run for a while and saw no change in the Quality of my planets.

Should I edit the vanilla facilities.txt as well?

< Message edited by exin -- 11/2/2017 6:46:22 PM >

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 320
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 7:03:13 PM   
Sabranan

quote:

No, it's best practice to never edit the vanilla files. It shouldn't be required anyway.

The default settings for BaconWorld have a max quality of 80, so it won't improve planets beyond that.

The only other thing I can think of is that since you have 1.45 at the moment it's probably a good idea to update to the latest 1.51 version and see if that works.

(in reply to exin)
Post #: 321
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 7:30:37 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

quote:

If you're using some other mod, an edit to its facilities.txt file is required to get it working as described.

Using only BaconWorld, no other mods. My customization folder only has: BaconWorld, Distant Worlds Original and The Ancient Galaxy.

I've also let the game run for a while and saw no change in the Quality of my planets.

by the way Exin, which starting quality have your planets where you build the Terraforming facility ?

(in reply to exin)
Post #: 322
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/2/2017 8:13:21 PM   
exin

quote:

quote:

quote:

by the way Exin, which starting quality have your planets where you build the Terraforming facility ?

One with 60%, one with 30% and one with 29%. Started a new game now with patch 1.51. Hope it will work this time around.

Post #: 323
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/5/2017 11:20:15 AM   
gazdadude

i'm getting unhandled exeptions in certain mods :( when clicking the design button

(in reply to exin)
Post #: 324
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/5/2017 1:02:03 PM   
DonH58

Hi Roger and gazdadudu
I replied in the UEII thread with this:
gazdadude
I used Retreat1970s version along with phisari's character mod, using the Bacon mod exec and the 3 text files with no problem at all. When I used the BaconWorld folder with its files I couldn't get it work. I wasn't sure how to make the changes in the research file so as to be able to use the hanger bay changes. Presently I am playing with the Beyond Extended Universe Alpha mod and the text file changes that Roger made with no problems. I will say though I prefer playing the unleashed mod i find it more immersive and challenging but that is my opinion. Maybe someday Roger will have the time to look into this mod and get his wonder full mod to fully work with UEII:)

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 325
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/5/2017 11:45:08 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazdadude

i'm getting unhandled exeptions in certain mods :( when clicking the design button

Someone else got that with one of the other mods. It was missing some ship pictures. That's probably the same issue you are having. If you tell me which mod and post the stack trace I might be able to narrow it down better.

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 326
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/5/2017 11:52:03 PM   
RogerBacon

Since this past February I've been working a REALLY easy job that has allowed me to spend a lot of extra time working on my mod. Starting November 6th, 2017 I'll be doing a new job that will be much more challenging so my time on the mod will be more limited. I've considered it complete at least a dozen times but always found more to add. No doubt that will be the case in the future. There remain a few rare bugs. Most noticeably explorers going to 0,0. I'm pretty sure this happens when ordered to explore "sector". Use "system" or auto explore instead.

I'm hoping to see people expand on this mod. I didn't touch the ship templates since anyone can do those. As they stand, explorers don't have labs so they are not science ships. That puts the AI at a disadvantage. Also, the AI might benefit from more fuel on some ships and stuff like that.

Anyway, this is not goodbye but more of an explanation that I won't be able to do the weekly or bi-weekly updates as I have in the past.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 327
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/6/2017 9:29:35 AM   
gazdadude

quote:

quote:

Someone else got that with one of the other mods. It was missing some ship pictures. That's probably the same issue you are having. If you tell me which mod and post the stack trace I might be able to narrow it down better.

there where a few

the human revolution mod
the star trek the picard eramod
unleashed extended mods
new dawn
its also happening with baconworld
(sorry for so many)

< Message edited by gazdadude -- 11/6/2017 9:59:02 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 328
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/6/2017 2:01:06 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

quote:

there where a few

the human revolution mod
unleashed extended mods
new dawn
(sorry for so many)

If it is happening with Baconworld then, assuming it's missing images, it means on of the ship images in your base game has been deleted somehow.Are you getting it with no modsand the original exe? If yes, try reinstalling the game.
The stack trace would help. Post it next time it happens.

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 329
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/7/2017 9:26:45 AM   
gazdadude

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

there where a few

the human revolution mod
unleashed extended mods
new dawn
(sorry for so many)

If it is happening with Baconworld then, assuming it's missing images, it means on of the ship images in your base game has been deleted somehow.Are you getting it with no modsand the original exe? If yes, try reinstalling the game.
The stack trace would help. Post it next time it happens.

Ive reinstalled multiple times get the same message for each mod

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DistantWorlds.Controls.DesignListView.BindData(Galaxy galaxy, DesignList designs, Bitmap[] builtObjectImages, Boolean allowMultiSelect)
at DistantWorlds.Main.method_307(Design design_3)
at DistantWorlds.Main.tbtnDesigns_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager/1.0.0.0__ef07ce3257ee81c1/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager.dll
DistantWorlds
Assembly Version: 1.9.5.12
Win32 Version: 1.9.5.12
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.EXE
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DistantWorlds.Controls
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL
DistantWorlds.Types
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL
BaconDistantWorlds
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/BaconDistantWorlds.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
DW_Steam
Assembly Version: 1.0.5257.18237
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DW_Steam.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.DirectX
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI