Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HOW TO GET A REFUND!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> HOW TO GET A REFUND! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:35:42 AM   
Auchinleck

This was advertised as having an AI so it can be played as Single Player. That is as misleading as it gets! Most of the Campaign scenarios are 2 Player games only! I would have never purchased this if that was made clear. It wasn't made clear! If anything Matrix was intentionally misleading about that! I"LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GAME FROM MATRIX, UNLESS I CAN HAVE MY MONEY BACK!
Post #: 1
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:37:56 AM   
SlapBone

I guess this answers the question about why it's not on Steam.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 2
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:41:14 AM   
pochepiller

Cant play it on my 4k monitor, I would want a refund too.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 3
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:48:35 AM   
Dorb

Crap just bought it and the book for $65.00. USA - This better not be another Flames of War deal.(spent $200 on that mess)
Guess I better look into this when get a chance as only play singer player.

I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord

(in reply to pochepiller)
Post #: 4
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:52:13 AM   
Queeg

I was under the same impression, especially since the FAQs specifically mention the AI and the scenario list says nothing about any of them being 2-player only.

Can someone post an accurate list of the scenarios that actually have an AI opponent?

Glad I saw this before I hit "Buy."

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 5
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 12:59:38 AM   
AstroCat

Yeah I'm not "feeling" the game for a few reason. Heck I can't even right click... on Steam I would have requested a refund I think by now.

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 6
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 1:06:26 AM   
alwaysdime

That's why Steam is so worthwhile over buying from Slitherine direct. They don't offer the same level of support despite the fact that they make more for a direct sale versus Steam. They are also against demo's.

< Message edited by alwaysdime -- 11/17/2017 1:12:42 AM >

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 7
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 1:10:54 AM   
Meyer1

There is AI for all scenarios, but not all has a "Programmed opponent" that means a script for the AI, so that's why not all scenarios are meant to be played in SP mode.
I guess the fault on part of Matrix and de Dev team was to assume that everyone was familiar with TOAW III, which is the same regarding to SP mode.

I don't have the new game yet, but TOAw III is a great game and this is much improved regarding the interface among newer features such as the BTS and naval warfare, etc-
So, perhaps a little patience regarding potential bugs and to understand the game could result in a highly rewarding gaming experience. So if I were you, I won't give up on IV just yet, but I'm not you

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 8
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:06:09 AM   
BigDuke66

1. This game has an AI. Meyer1 is very right, you can play every scenario vs AI. But as with most other things, get a real opponent made of felsh and bones and your experience will be much more rewarding. This dry humping vs an AI is just not the real McCoy, believe me.

2. 4k monitor? I had some who played it beyond 2k, I'm sure it can run on 4k too so maybe just a matter of settings. Open a thread in the tech Support section
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1662

3. Not sure what the problem with the right click is, clicks fine for me. If your after the menu you must click and hold right mouse, and this longer than the set delay for the menu to popup. But as a few others have that problem too you should post your stuff here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4377939

PS And it is not not on steam, it is just not yet on steam.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 11/17/2017 2:07:50 AM >

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 9
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:19:24 AM   
Auchinleck

This Jerkwad BigJerk66 is full of Crapola. Most Scenarios are 2 Player Only! His idea of an AI is Dry Humping His Blow Up Doll. Most Players understand an AI, is Single Player against a Computer Opponent. BigJerk66 can be considered an NI. 'No Intelligence'.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 10
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:21:17 AM   
Lobster

Please ignore the trolls.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 11
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:21:34 AM   
BigDuke66

You are just talking ****, bull **** of grade a quality but still just ****.
I hope god refunds mankind for having to bear your miserable existence.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 12
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:22:53 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Auchinleck

This Jerkwad BigJerk66 is full of Crapola. Most Scenarios are 2 Player Only! His idea of an AI is Dry Humping His Blow Up Doll. Most Players understand an AI, is Single Player against a Computer Opponent. BigJerk66 can be considered an NI. 'No Intelligence'.

Most? Did you count them? Maybe you could help, people are wanting that information.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 13
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:24:42 AM   
Deano463

lOOK IN THE OPTIONS. It gives you thousands of of different ways to play either the computer or axis or allies. ETC

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 14
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:27:53 AM   
SilentHunter

So is there an AI or not can every scenario be played in single player against an AI? Almost bought this then saw this mention of no ai or only on some maps. I too will not buy if there's not an ai for every scenario as I have no interest in online play. This thread is doing little to answer the question directly

Edit: just saw Deano's post above seems to say every map can be played fro either side or against the computer

< Message edited by SilentHunter -- 11/17/2017 2:29:32 AM >

(in reply to Deano463)
Post #: 15
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:31:44 AM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentHunter

So is there an AI or not can every scenario be played in single player against an AI? Almost bought this then saw this mention of no ai or only on some maps. I too will not buy if there's not an ai for every scenerio as I have no interest in online play. This thread is doing little to answer the question directly

Again, there is AI for every map. But not a "Programmed Opponent" or a script for the AI, so designers that did not do that won't recommend you to play that scenario against the AI, and label that scenario as "PBEM only". Other scenarios have only one side PO, and so recommended to be play as the other side.

(in reply to SilentHunter)
Post #: 16
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:35:32 AM   
pochepiller

ok 2k is like 1080p of course it's playable in 2k. I agree entirely with the troll, Mr CompanyMan, you are full of it. I went to the forum and fiddled with the .ini and I couldn't find an option to see thing with clarity. I would like a refund on the base that an unscalable windows game in 2017 is unacceptable. If you, BigDuke66, want to minimize our problems, then you are not welcome in this discussion.

Sorry for my bad english.

Post #: 17
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:35:33 AM   
alwaysdime

Every scenario can be played against the AI. Some are more of a challenge if played as side A or B. That's all been the case in wargames. Just because its best as human vs human doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed single player.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 18
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:36:30 AM   
SilentHunter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentHunter

So is there an AI or not can every scenario be played in single player against an AI? Almost bought this then saw this mention of no ai or only on some maps. I too will not buy if there's not an ai for every scenerio as I have no interest in online play. This thread is doing little to answer the question directly

Again, there is AI for every map. But not a "Programmed Opponent" or a script for the AI, so designers that did not do that won't recommend you to play that scenario against the AI, and label that scenario as "PBEM only". Other scenarios have only one side PO, and so recommended to be play as the other side.

got it thanks

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 19
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:38:11 AM   
Lobster

Just look through the scenarios. Most of them will say whether or not they have a PO (Programmed Opponent). That would make it a single player scenario. The majority of the scenarios are made to be played single player for one side or the other and sometimes both sides. It's not really that hard to find them if you bother to try.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Post #: 20
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:38:39 AM   
Auchinleck

Just as an example, most of the World War II in Asia scenarios specifically state: "There is no functional AI for this scenario". That spells it out for all those that weren't setting themselves up for another 'World In Flames' disappointment. Which also has no AI.

(in reply to Deano463)
Post #: 21
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:44:08 AM   
alwaysdime

That just means you get the standard AI and it wasn't programmed in the editor to enhance it. That's all. Its still playable in single player. Will it be as challenging as a scenario where the creator scripted AI events? NO. Will you still have fun against an AI? YES.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 22
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:45:44 AM   
Auchinleck

Ill give you a direct answer. Get used to seeing the message "There is No functional AI for this scenario". In most of the World War II scenarios for the Pacific Theater, that most Players would want to play against an AI. Especially the long Campaign games, that cover the entire war.

Post #: 23
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:49:15 AM   
SilentHunter

quote:

ORIGINAL: alwaysdime

That just means you get the standard AI and it wasn't programmed in the editor to enhance it. That's all. Its still playable in single player. Will it be as challenging as a scenario where the creator scripted AI events? NO. Will you still have fun against an AI? YES.

Why are so many of you raging about no AI, seems others are confirming it is there, this post was helpful to.

(in reply to alwaysdime)
Post #: 24
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:53:48 AM   
robbersonr

I want a refund as well. I just looked through my package and discovered that it does not include a live human opponent! This means I am forced to either play the AI, the PO, play both sides against myself, or go out looking for a human opponent. For $65 Matrix should be mailing me a human opponent that will be available to play against whenever we need them.

Post #: 25
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 2:55:45 AM   
Meyer1

(in reply to robbersonr)
Post #: 26
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 3:04:17 AM   
gbaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Auchinleck

Just as an example, most of the World War II in Asia scenarios specifically state: "There is no functional AI for this scenario". That spells it out for all those that weren't setting themselves up for another 'World In Flames' disappointment. Which also has no AI.

I don't care what that example scenario says, the AI can be set to active in EVERY scenario, either side. It is not anything like the case of 'World In Flames' which has no AI. There is an AI in TOAW IV for every scenario, just some due to one reason or other may not be challenging and have no PO (programmed opponent) work to assist the AI, but it still does a pretty good job on its own, even without PO help.

PO just makes Single Player more challenging and enjoyable, but it is not necessary to enjoy a scenario as SINGLEPLAYER, even if description says two human play only.

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 27
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 3:06:08 AM   
Queeg

I don't think anyone is saying the game has to offer one thing or another, just that the people selling it should say clearly what it does offer.

Having read through the product description, the FAQs, the developer's forum posts and maybe 30 user posts here on the subject, the best I can make out is that some unidentified number of the scenarios have a programmed AI for at least one side, another unidentified number have an unprogrammed AI, and (maybe) another unidentified number have no AI. So we apparently get some apples, some oranges and maybe some bananas, but it's not entirely clear how many of each.

I think it would behoove the developer to flesh this out a bit in the product description, the FAQs or a forum post. Folks shouldn't have to ferret out these details via word of mouth or, worse, only after buying the game. That's just common sales sense and courtesy.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 28
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 3:06:26 AM   
Meyer1

While you are whining about things that are not true, user sPzAbt653 is posting new scenarios to download in the mod section. And he enjoys programming the AI

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 29
RE: HOW TO GET A REFUND! - 11/17/2017 3:08:07 AM   
cquail

Wow! Glad I saw this thread about the AI issue. I was considering buying it as I only would play this single player.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> HOW TO GET A REFUND! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI