Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UI Unit Panel questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> UI Unit Panel questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 10:56:20 AM   
muzzlehead

Hi all... I am new to TOAW but familiar with GGWITE & CO2 and a grognard from the heady days in the 80's of Avalon Hill and recently the Operational Combat Series OCS from the Gamers.

So far I am enjoying learning TOAW and happy with my purchase. I have a basic question concerning the UI & the Unit Panel.

Is it possible to move the Unit Panel of the right upper side of the screen? If not, is there a way to center the cursor pop-up text, so that all of the text is displayed on screen?

Currently the pop-up text bleeds off the right side of my screen when mousing over elements on the Unit Panel, making the pop-up text unreadable.

If anyone is interested in playing a noob to TOAW with simple (and at times painfully obvious) questions, I would enjoy playing some PBEM.

< Message edited by muzzlehead -- 11/17/2017 11:16:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 11:06:35 AM   
Tamas

Yes unfortunately the pop-up tooltip can bleed off as you said, we'll try to fix that in time for the first update. However, the same tooltip also displays on the bottom of the screen in the green bar.

I could be wrong but I think you cannot move the Unit Panel around, only the other ones.

(in reply to muzzlehead)
Post #: 2
RE: UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 2:33:39 PM   
sPzAbt653

I just hit 'U' to bring up the Unit Report, and I can grab it and drag it to a new position, if that is what we are talking about.

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 3
RE: UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 2:51:18 PM   
JPJ

quote:

Yes unfortunately the pop-up tooltip can bleed off as you said, we'll try to fix that in time for the first update. However, the same tooltip also displays on the bottom of the screen in the green bar.

Thanks in advance for this fix.

And regarding these tooltips, it seems some tooltip texts in this panel (and in the green bar) are not correct. When I set the Counter Values Editor to Advanced Default, the tooltip text does not always correspond to the displayed counter value. For example when the unit time stamp is displayed, my tooltip says "Unit icons currently show movement allowances". Some other counter values also are not what the tooltip says.

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 4
RE: UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 4:12:37 PM   
ralphtricky

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 5
RE: UI Unit Panel questions - 11/17/2017 5:10:42 PM   
muzzlehead

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

I just hit 'U' to bring up the Unit Report, and I can grab it and drag it to a new position, if that is what we are talking about.

The Unit Report and Unit Panel are separate display windows. The Unit Panel window is seems to be fixed in the upper right, the Unit Report can be accessed via "U" Key and also by a button 2nd from right on the Button Panel under the units tab.

You are correct the Unit Report can be moved anywhere on the map. The Unit Panel for some reason seem to be locked to the right. I wish it could be moved to another location on the screen.

< Message edited by muzzlehead -- 11/17/2017 7:19:51 PM >

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> UI Unit Panel questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI