Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 1:43:47 PM   
JPJ

Two times TOAW crashed (instantly disappeared to the desktop) when I moved the scroll bar to scroll up (from the bottom) in a long Full Combat Report.

These are the only TOAW crashes I have had to date.

DxDiag attached.

< Message edited by JPJ -- 3/3/2018 12:10:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 2:10:57 PM   
JPJ

Addition, I can reproduce this, also after restarting the pc etc.

The screenshot shows exactly where the crash will occur when I try to scroll up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 2
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 2:36:29 PM   
zakblood

ok thanks will report it to the developer and thanks for the report also

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 3
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 2:41:43 PM   
zakblood

post logged with developer and report clean and drivers fine and upto date, can you confirm you have dual AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics cards thanks?

Display Topology: Extend

Monitor Name: MITSUBISHI TFT RDT223WM (Analog)
Monitor Model: RDT223WM
Monitor Id: MEL47C5
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)

plus

Monitor Name: BenQ GW2265
Monitor Model: BenQ GW2265
Monitor Id: BNQ78D1
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

thanks again

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 3:03:05 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPJ

Two times TOAW crashed (instantly disappeared to the desktop) when I moved the scroll bar to scroll up (from the bottom) in a long Full Combat Report.

These are the only TOAW crashes I have had to date.

DxDiag attached.

Can you tell me what scenario? Better would be a save game I could load to reproduce it. Failing that, it should have produced a 'CrashLog' in your Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV directory.

Thanks,
Ralph

< Message edited by ralphtrick -- 11/20/2017 3:04:04 PM >

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 5
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/20/2017 11:56:11 PM   
JPJ

zakblood, I have one AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics card, which is the built-in graphics in the AMD A10 CPU. No separate graphics card. And yes, dual monitors as listed. I'm using only the main monitor (the BenQ) at 1920 x 1080 now.

---
ralphtrick, for this purpose I can reproduce this crash anywhere in the 1st round of the 1st turn in the Tutorial (Korea) scenario, as long as I get a Full Report that has scroll bars.

I have set up a situation for you in the attached scenario file. I piled up many units near hex 13, 38 and set up an attack there. If you resolve this attack, the Full Report should be so long that it has scroll bars (similar to the screenshot above). The crash then occurs when I scroll up. Also included my crashLog.txt in case the crash doesn't happen at your machine. Thanks for looking into this.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 6
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 10:09:54 AM   
SpeedyCM

I also am getting this crash, playing a pbem game of "North Africa 40D-43". It also appears repeatable every time I try to scroll up the combat results window.
Has occurred over multiple turns in different combats that are big enough for scroll bar.

Running an Intel I7-6700K (not overclocked), 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti, single monitor @ 2560 x 1440.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 7
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 10:22:55 AM   
zakblood

thanks SpeedyCM, but can you also upload and attach a report please ty, as the developer is trying to understand and see what hardware is causing or is loading in some system etc to see if there's a pattern etc etc

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

(in reply to SpeedyCM)
Post #: 8
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 10:40:11 AM   
SpeedyCM

Ok I think this worked.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 11:05:03 AM   
zakblood

thanks reading it now

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

no errors with drivers or dates etc eg up to date not old etc

apart from sound, which is old

Realtek High Definition Audio Date and Size: 7/07/2015

realtek updated driver link is

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3

report done and finished editing

check for updates for gaming mouse and keyboard to make sure there win 10 fully up to date and or compatible and not programmable etc, as if it is, or higher than a standard DPI mouse, in some games they can be fiddly to say the least, as i also have one, but not the one you use etc

also try the game with any un needed USB device un plugged, your Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals for one

and if you have a spare KB and mouse eg budget type etc, try that and check if that's ok and yours isn't etc, just to make sure, if you haven't no worries, it's only advice, not asking for you to buy any etc

Free Space: 17.7 GB is starting to get low, for a win 10 pc also, no effect on this game btw, just noted

game errors are

TslGame.exe
arma3_x64.exe
FIELDOFGLORY2.EXE

apps are OneDriveSetup.exe, either update it or turn it off when not needed etc on the desktop

and that's all i see etc, more for the developer but some for you also

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/21/2017 11:16:11 AM >

(in reply to SpeedyCM)
Post #: 10
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 11:17:06 AM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpeedyCM

I also am getting this crash, playing a pbem game of "North Africa 40D-43". It also appears repeatable every time I try to scroll up the combat results window.
Has occurred over multiple turns in different combats that are big enough for scroll bar.

Running an Intel I7-6700K (not overclocked), 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti, single monitor @ 2560 x 1440.

this error is also been reported as well and is atm being looked into, thanks for the report btw

(in reply to SpeedyCM)
Post #: 11
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 5:30:18 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

zakblood, I have one AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics card, which is the built-in graphics in the AMD A10 CPU. No separate graphics card. And yes, dual monitors as listed. I'm using only the main monitor (the BenQ) at 1920 x 1080 now.

---
ralphtrick, for this purpose I can reproduce this crash anywhere in the 1st round of the 1st turn in the Tutorial (Korea) scenario, as long as I get a Full Report that has scroll bars.

I have set up a situation for you in the attached scenario file. I piled up many units near hex 13, 38 and set up an attack there. If you resolve this attack, the Full Report should be so long that it has scroll bars (similar to the screenshot above). The crash then occurs when I scroll up. Also included my crashLog.txt in case the crash doesn't happen at your machine. Thanks for looking into this.

JPJ,
Can you tell me how you scrolled? I can't reproduce it and I'd rather ask before I start trying to go through the crashlog.

Thanks for including the Crashlog, it will help a lot if I can't reproduce it.

Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 12
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 11/21/2017 7:19:22 PM   
JPJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtricky

JPJ,
Can you tell me how you scrolled? I can't reproduce it and I'd rather ask before I start trying to go through the crashlog.
Ralph

As follows, with a few new notes about it, after trying now:

My screenshot at the top of this thread is the very starting position. The report window has just appeared. I do nothing else. I move the mouse cursor above the scroll bar (= screenshot). I left-click and hold in order to scroll to the top of the report. Then I move up. I see the mouse and the scroll bar actually move a few pixels up -- and then immediately the crash.

Note 1: The scroll bar is at the bottom of its range. But, if I do the same and move down (even though it isn't possible to scroll down from there) then the scroll bar also jumps a few pixels up and crashes.

Note 2: The crash does not occur (= I can scroll) if I first drag the report window to a new position and then scroll.

Note 3: The crash does not occur (= I can scroll) if I leave the report window where it is but first open the Combat Chart or a Loss Report from the Full Report, return to the Full Report, and then scroll.

Is the trigger linked to moving the scroll bar in the window before it is redrawn?

If relevant, I use a track ball mouse.
Can somebody else reproduce this crash in a Full Report with scroll bar before dragging the window or opening another report window?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtricky

before I start trying to go through the crashlog

I thought you must be very courageous when I saw the crashlog. I hope this helps a little bit.

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 13
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 12/6/2017 8:16:21 PM   
rocketman71

This looks like a crash I just experienced when trying to scroll report window. Will try to reproduce. Happened in the NormandyRommel44 scenario first turn PO Allies. I'm on Nvidia GTX 970M latest drivers. Have had other issues, like poor screen redrawing speed, movies not showing at start and unresponsive click on buttons sometimes (seems delayed).

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 14
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 12/7/2017 4:58:09 PM   
rocketman71

I could replicate the crash many times (same scenario as above). It seems like the scroll wheel might work, but left clicking and dragging the bar causes the crash.

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 15
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 12/14/2017 1:41:12 PM   
JPJ

This crash still occurs in public beta [4.0.1.22] on my system.
Despite the change listed in the list of changes, Made a change that might help with the issue of the combat report dialog crashing.

I can scroll with the wheel like rocketboy above, but left clicking and dragging still instantly crashes.

< Message edited by JPJ -- 12/14/2017 1:45:18 PM >

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 16
RE: Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report - 12/14/2017 3:58:03 PM   
rocketman71

quote:

This crash still occurs in public beta [4.0.1.22] on my system.
Despite the change listed in the list of changes, Made a change that might help with the issue of the combat report dialog crashing.

I can scroll with the wheel like rocketboy above, but left clicking and dragging still instantly crashes.

I updated and still get the same crash also. So problem not resolved yet.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Game crashed when scrolling up in Full Combat Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI