Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B972.12] Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B972.12] Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B972.12] Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/19/2017 8:58:46 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Edit to summarise:

Ok, I think I know enough to summarise:

- SSMs, if told to manually fire (shift+F1) will spin in circles unless they are already facing in the right direction. Maybe something to do with trying to keep in formation?
- I think this is because they try to face the correct direction, but then can't fire because they're moving, so they just carry on spinning round and round.
- However, on the manual-fire information screen, no out-of-boresight warning is given (so the user can't see that they won't be able to fire).
- Both auto-fire (F1) and land-strike missions work just fine.

-----

This is on the 'Salvo' level of Chains of War (it's a campaign mission, so I don't know where the save is located sorry).

My SSM Battalions (DF-15B [CSS-6 Mod-2]) each contain units that won't fire at the enemy. The manual fire information is green, showing it should be able to, but it just won't fire.

Eventually, I went onto individual unit view, and the unit that won't fire is facing North, though the enemy is to the South. I told my unit to face South, and it fired the weapons.

It seems like an out-of-boresight error, but it isn't showing any problems in the manual fire info.

Edit -
In fact, some unusual behaviour is happening to all of my SSM battalions. They fire some missiles, but have lots of individual units that just spin in circles, never firing. They have been manually told to attack (ie, not an attack mission).

To get them to fire, I have to manually point the individual unit in the correct direction, then set speed to zero... For every single SSM launcher on the map.

EDIT:

I think I've found the problem, sort-of. If I use shift-F1 to manually select a target, my SSMs spin around not firing. I think because they're moving into boresight, but not stopping (so they can't fire) and moving out again. However, the manual-fire screen doesn't give an out-of-boresight error. If I just use F1, they seem to (more testing needed) move and fire as normal.

I've located and attached a save. Just don't look at my score!

[On the latest Steam version]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 11/23/2017 6:38:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 10:08:43 AM   
MikeJ271

I think I'm having a similar issue with the Chains of War Taiwan scenario; some of the SSM's just won't fire, even though the firing status under Shift+F1 is green. The behaviour doesn't seem consistent for any particular launcher; some missiles will fly, and then it just refuses to fire.

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 12:42:30 PM   
ColonelMolerat

If you switch to unit view (numpad 9) then zoom right in, you can see which direction each launcher is facing.

Try setting a waypoint for each launcher to face the target, then once they've turned, setting their speed to 0. (This must be done individually, don't do it as a group, or by selecting multiple individual launchers at once).

Once they've stopped again, they should be able to fire. If that happens, you've got the same problem as I have. Unfortunately it's a really time consuming process to move them each like this, and there's no indication that they can't fire.

(in reply to MikeJ271)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 2:13:59 PM   
MikeJ271

Yeah, that's what's happening - many thanks for that. It's a long-winded way to go about it for sure, but I suppose at least the missiles can be used.

Post #: 4
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 2:15:40 PM   
mikmykWS

CM see the same issue but also notice the db version associated with the save file you posted is DB466 which is good evidence that you haven't updated to the latest and greatest. With version 972.11 of the game the scenario should be using DB470. When I use this I don't see that problem at all. Missiles fire via all three methods. You can grab the lastest updated file from your matrix downloads.

Thanks!

Mike

Post #: 5
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 2:53:39 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmykWS

CM see the same issue but also notice the db version associated with the save file you posted is DB466 which is good evidence that you haven't updated to the latest and greatest. With version 972.11 of the game the scenario should be using DB470. When I use this I don't see that problem at all. Missiles fire via all three methods. You can grab the lastest updated file from your matrix downloads.

Thanks!

Mike

On steam this scenario still needs to be manually updated to the latest DB, in campaign play and standalone play using .11 otherwise the problem is still there.

Edit: When you update to the latest DB version the units still spin in place while the throttle says "Full stop".

Double edit: When you update the scenario to the latest DB it only updates again to 466 not 470, this problem also effects all SSM units throughout Chains of War.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by raptorx7 -- 11/21/2017 3:04:29 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 4:41:03 PM   
MikeJ271

quote:

Thanks!

Mike

Just checked - I am using DB470. The missile (non) launch thing is happening as ColonelMolerat described. Micro-micro-managing individual launchers also works as he described.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/21/2017 11:30:24 PM   
ColonelMolerat

That's odd - I've just checked and if I run the mission in the editor it says it's build 470.
If I load my save in the editor it is build 466 - it must have been updated since the save I'm running from. Sorry, I didn't realise that the mission updated separately from Steam.
However, I've just tested it again with build 470 and the problem persists - save attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MikeJ271)
Post #: 8
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/22/2017 3:49:59 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok thanks for the details guys much appreciated. I'm technically retired but want to help

Ok just verified that your save is still DB466. You have to load the save file(.sav) and not the scenario file(.scen). Save files and scenario files are not the same nor do they connect. So when you need to update you have to update what you're currently working from which in your case it would be the save file). I've also tested the updated salvo.scen file that warfaresimes posted that is updated to 470. This works fine but is utterly useless to you because you want to continue on your campaign. So I tested updating your .sav to to 470 by doing a deep rebuild and applying the salvo an ini and it seems to write files to the directory but they are not being displayed in the load scenario dialog at all. Big problem

I'll put in a ticket for this. I'm hoping the guys can fix that so you can proceed with your existing campaigns without having to start over or start playing the scenario standalone.

Mike

< Message edited by mikmykWS -- 11/22/2017 3:50:55 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/22/2017 3:58:24 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: raptorx7

quote:

Thanks!

Mike

On steam this scenario still needs to be manually updated to the latest DB, in campaign play and standalone play using .11 otherwise the problem is still there.

Edit: When you update to the latest DB version the units still spin in place while the throttle says "Full stop".

Double edit: When you update the scenario to the latest DB it only updates again to 466 not 470, this problem also effects all SSM units throughout Chains of War.

Thanks Raptor. Dug into this a little more and looks like the updated files are written to the windows directory but aren't showing up in the load scenario dialog at all. Have sent the issue to the devs!

Mike

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 10
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/23/2017 9:16:23 AM   
ColonelMolerat

Thanks for all your help Mike, hope you can get back to your retirement soon!

(Wait... After all your CMANO contributions, do I?)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 11
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/23/2017 6:29:44 PM   
ComDev

Thanks, the spin thingie has been fixed in the next release

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Post #: 12
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/23/2017 6:37:42 PM   
ComDev

Have tried to reproduce the database issue on the latest code and it seems file. Please try again once the updated exe is out.

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 13
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/23/2017 9:42:13 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Cripes, that was fast! Thanks!

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 14
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/24/2017 4:26:58 PM   
mikmykWS

Thanks guys we'll see how this fix goes. If the spinning stops we're good if it's not I'll re-engage. This was not a problem at DLC or scenario delivery.

Mike

Post #: 15
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/24/2017 4:33:09 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

Thanks for all your help Mike, hope you can get back to your retirement soon!

(Wait... After all your CMANO contributions, do I?)

Thanks! It's a hobby now and I hope to be getting some scenarios and campaigns out soon (free not DLC) as well as actually playing the good stuff people have created!

Will continue to help out with bugs and beta testing when I can.

Mike

Post #: 16
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/24/2017 8:10:27 PM   
Randomizer

quote:

Thanks! It's a hobby now and I hope to be getting some scenarios and campaigns out soon (free not DLC) as well as actually playing the good stuff people have created!

Mike

Does this mean that there might be a tiny chance that your classic H3 scenario "In Harm's Way" might be developed for CMANO? Pretty please...

-C

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 17
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/24/2017 8:23:32 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Ive noticed this problem in basically all scenarios containing mobile groups and it seriously impacts the performance of the game. Is this patch coming out soon?

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 18
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/25/2017 4:23:31 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

quote:

Mike

Does this mean that there might be a tiny chance that your classic H3 scenario "In Harm's Way" might be developed for CMANO? Pretty please...

-C

Sure. Added to my list.

Mike

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 19
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/25/2017 6:42:33 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok just ran this in 972.12. They complete their final twirls and fire as they are supposed do. If you manually fire another unit it fires with no twirl and missiles seem to be hitting. Thanks Ragnar

Mike and Molerat please give it a shot and post if anything is still going bonksheet.

Mike

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 20
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/25/2017 9:26:59 PM   
MikeJ271

That's sorted it! Great work guys!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 21
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 11/25/2017 9:30:33 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Everything looks good!

Great work as always guys, thanks!

(in reply to MikeJ271)
Post #: 22
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 12/5/2017 11:09:05 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away.
I'm using Steam, so can't let you know until it reaches the Steam version.
(Actually, now's a good time to ask - if I patch the Steam version manually, will it cause problems in the future, or will Steam download future patches and overwrite the older, manually-installed ones?).
Bravo on such good bug-squashing though!

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 23
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 12/6/2017 2:27:04 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away.
I'm using Steam, so can't let you know until it reaches the Steam version.
(Actually, now's a good time to ask - if I patch the Steam version manually, will it cause problems in the future, or will Steam download future patches and overwrite the older, manually-installed ones?).
Bravo on such good bug-squashing though!

No you can just install the files right on top.

Given how easy it is to install and uninstall stuff on steam I rarely get bothered with any worries like this anymore.

MIke

Post #: 24
RE: Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight - 12/6/2017 9:47:29 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Hah, good point. Old habits die hard I guess.

I'll install that patch then. Cheers!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B972.12] Bug? SSM don't show out-of-boresight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI