Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Site & Forum Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> Site & Forum Feedback Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site & Forum Feedback - 8/29/2013 2:36:59 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

with all the changes we have going on we wanted to give a specific area for people to report any issues they have with the site and for suggestions on how to further improve it. Please post your feedback here!

Thanks!

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 8/29/2013 2:37:10 PM >

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/1/2013 9:41:11 AM   
Vorsteher

und where is the geman version ?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/1/2013 3:43:23 PM   
wings7

Iain, Great idea! Thanks for that!

Patrick

(in reply to Vorsteher)
Post #: 3
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/1/2013 9:35:08 PM   
Mappo

Hi Matrix, awesome news.
Waiting for the italian one

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 4
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/2/2013 12:44:33 PM   
IainMcNeil

German & Italian are in the works but we don't have official dates yet!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Mappo)
Post #: 5
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/2/2013 2:47:07 PM   
DSWargamer

My ONLY suggestion and it is valid for the Slitherine home forums as well as it is the same issue.

Stickies, if my kitchen was covered in the same amount of stickies, I would not be capable of actually walking across the floor!!

News threads, pick a damn spot to put your news, and put that news THERE and ONLY there. Come on we don't need to read the latest development on game X on the top of every single game sub forum. It wouldn't be so bad if Slitherine Group only had 3 games, but you don't have 3 or even 30, it's more than 30 and it is annoying beyond belief to come to the site, look at the forum main page, look for new posts that are normally evidenced by some manner of icon of highlighting and just assume that all of the 'new' content, is really just the same damned news on every single sub forum.

It makes the software meant to highlight new content, virtually worthless. In fact, I bet it detracts from people looking to see if there is new content in anything but a couple of sub forums, as it is a pain to click a few times to see yep as I thought the same news as the last sub forum.

Gentlemen, you have the industries best games, and you have the best developers, but your forums are unimaginative and poorly thought out.
They actually suck, there are said it, the forums as set up, suck. I hope you are not paying anything for this outrageously lame set up.

You wanted feedback, ok I gave you some.

If I took my kitchen dirtied everything in it and they spread it all over every available surface, failed to sweep and mop, left the stove unclean and the fridge full of left overs, it would still look better :)

For god's sake hire a web designer for a couple of months, tell the person you want a new look.

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/3/2013 10:25:47 AM   
IainMcNeil

Thanks for the feedback. We do get complaints about stickies but the reality is they work really well. We monitor the number of reads for a news forum post and a global post. Global posts get read 10-50 times as often as news forum posts. This uptake is not something we can afford to ignore.

I understand to the hard core people that spend a lot of time on the forums they can be irritating but we are trying to carefully manage how many global messages there are but they are to important to us to ignore & remove.

We already have 2 full time web developers and are probably adding a 3rd before the end of the year. There are so many areas we are working on currently. I don't agree the forums are terrible. There are things I would modify but I don't agree they need to be thrown away. I much prefer our forums to most other forums I see on the web. The biggest problem with the forums is the sheer size. We have 200 different games. I don't know any other sites with as many active sub forums as we do.

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 9/3/2013 10:26:15 AM >

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to DSWargamer)
Post #: 7
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/14/2013 12:16:05 AM   
Lindi

for french translate, the date : 13 September 2013, no change in french is 13 Septembre 2013

Very thank for french version of Site

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/16/2013 6:57:22 PM   
Boomer78

Are there some database errors, or maybe some spam deletion going on with the forum? The reason I ask is because I noticed that several posts from the last day or two (including a couple of my own) have disappeared. For example, the music thread in the general discussion section says that it has 107 pages of posts, but when you click on the thread, you'll notice that there are actually 108 pages of posts.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to Lindi)
Post #: 9
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/16/2013 7:04:17 PM   
catwhoorg

from the sticky at the forum front page
"Hi guys,

We’re very sorry to report we had a serious hardware failure over the weekend in our data centre in Colorado. Due to the failure a database server crashed and the Matrix & Ageod sites were down for 4 hours this morning. That in itself is a major issue for us but in addition to this the hardware failure resulted in a loss of the server snap shot. These snapshots allow the server to recover to an earlier position and usually mean if there is an issue and data is lost then you can recover with minimal effort and loss of data. The loss of the snapshot meant we had to manually revert to an earlier backup and the most recent uncompromised backup was the 14th September. This means we have lost just over 24 hours of data.

Any forum posts, account changes, new accounts, news items – basically any changes at all made during these last 24 hours have been lost. There is no way to recover them. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and you can be sure that however upset you are about it, we are far more upset. Our web team has been working through the night to recover what they can. We’ll be doing a full review with the data centre in Colorado to find out what happened and why and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Once again apologies for any frustration.

The Matrix Games Team "

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 10
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 10/6/2013 10:09:27 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:11:20 PM >

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 11
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/21/2013 5:50:36 AM   
Redspade07

The Distant Worlds game is showing the price in euros but the rest of the games are showing the price in usd.

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 12
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 1/23/2014 8:42:16 AM   
jonasnarvas

I suggest to change background. Grey looks very sad

(in reply to Redspade07)
Post #: 13
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 2/7/2014 10:13:23 PM   
rwglaub

I'm getting 'this site cannot be displayed' when I try to buy the Civil War II add-on.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 14
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 2/14/2014 2:49:43 PM   
DampSquib

In the Members area the security code will not change when clicked +
it remains BLUE coloured text.

Any chance of being able to pick a different text colour on the main forum,in fact anywhere the text is BLUE.

< Message edited by DampSquib -- 2/14/2014 3:50:11 PM >

(in reply to rwglaub)
Post #: 15
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 3/13/2014 9:35:51 AM   
Ketan123

Good website. I found it is good for discussion.

(in reply to DampSquib)
Post #: 16
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 3/17/2014 11:34:58 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

I would like to see the size limits for screen shots increased. Very often I cannot include a screen shot in a forum post, I get a message that the file is too large. Even when I shrink the size of the screen shot significantly, I still get the message that the file is too large.

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 3/18/2014 12:36:33 AM >

(in reply to Ketan123)
Post #: 17
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/7/2014 6:07:08 AM   
styler62

I wanted to express my concern about 'Matrix Games / Slitherine' partnering with 'Steam' as of late for Game delivery.

I am not a fan of 'Steam' and never have been and am worried that 'Matrix / Slitherine' will make 'Steam' the sole method of their game delivery process in the future such as many other Game Developers / Vendors already have.

I would like to make the comment that if 'Matrix / Slitherine' make 'Steam' their sole method of Game delivery I will stop purchasing Games from 'Matrix / Slitherine' as I have already done with other companies requiring 'Steam'.

I prefer the boxed edition of games and 'Steam' often doesn't offer this option and if so requires customers to download their 'Steam' software for game access and game updates.

I have always been a responsible gamer and have never illegally copied software and don't require a third party company to store my games in a cloud for me.

In my case the 'Steam' option for game delivery is not a viable one as I find I am purchasing less gaming software each year because of the industry's move toward the 'Steam' client.

I sincerely hope 'Matrix / Slitherine' will continue to allow me to purchase 'Non-Steam' versions of the games they offer on their website as I still do and have always thought highly of these companies for their game development and excellent support.

I hope someone affiliated with these companies reads these comments I am writing and is compassionate about my concerns.

(in reply to Jonathan Pollard)
Post #: 18
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/7/2014 6:16:01 AM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: styler62

I wanted to express my concern about 'Matrix Games / Slitherine' partnering with 'Steam' as of late for Game delivery.

I am not a fan of 'Steam' and never have been and am worried that 'Matrix / Slitherine' will make 'Steam' the sole method of their game delivery process in the future such as many other Game Developers / Vendors already have.

I would like to make the comment that if 'Matrix / Slitherine' make 'Steam' their sole method of Game delivery I will stop purchasing Games from 'Matrix / Slitherine' as I have already done with other companies requiring 'Steam'.

I prefer the boxed edition of games and 'Steam' often doesn't offer this option and if so requires customers to download their 'Steam' software for game access and game updates.

I have always been a responsible gamer and have never illegally copied software and don't require a third party company to store my games in a cloud for me.

In my case the 'Steam' option for game delivery is not a viable one as I find I am purchasing less gaming software each year because of the industry's move toward the 'Steam' client.

I sincerely hope 'Matrix / Slitherine' will continue to allow me to purchase 'Non-Steam' versions of the games they offer on their website as I still do and have always thought highly of these companies for their game development and excellent support.

I hope someone affiliated with these companies reads these comments I am writing and is compassionate about my concerns.

+1

(in reply to styler62)
Post #: 19
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/7/2014 7:37:55 AM   
zakblood

for everyone who is against steam, there is maybe a equal amount that is for it, so tbh the point maybe mute

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 20
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 11/7/2014 10:18:11 AM   
schascha

quote:

ORIGINAL: cohimbra

quote:

+1

+2

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 21
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/14/2015 1:32:44 AM   
lordhoff

For one, often the password comes up as a line of dots but it isn't the correct password requiring a reset.

Also, after reset, if one uses the link to login, it gets you to where you are going but you are not logged in.

Both of these should be investigated and fixed because it's just plain irritating.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 22
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/17/2015 12:09:39 AM   
lordhoff

Well, for one thing, it'd be nice if "support" didn't ignore you after the first suggestion failed.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 23
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/17/2015 1:48:03 PM   
JosephM

Hello LordHoff,

Sorry, we are busier than normal at the moment, so we are working through as auickly as we can, but December is a busy time for support. Are you referring to the Unified Login? If so, regarding the persistant login, then if you login on the Unified Login, you still need to log in at the local Slitherine, Matrix and Matrix Forum sites, as although the Unified Login controls the other logins, the sites are all still separate from each other so need different cookies between sites. However further integration will happen over time, and with luck we will have the Unified Login persist across all the various sites and databases.

Regarding the password, again, which site is this on? The Unified Login is the sole password, username and email address you need across all the sites, so once the password has been set there it should work across the board and not need resetting. The Password can only be alphanumeric, so there should be no spaces or other special characters, but if you are still having problems, can you contact us at support@matrixgames.com, and we'll endeavour to help.

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 24
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 12/18/2015 2:56:43 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseph M

Hello LordHoff,

Sorry, we are busier than normal at the moment, so we are working through as auickly as we can, but December is a busy time for support. Are you referring to the Unified Login? If so, regarding the persistant login, then if you login on the Unified Login, you still need to log in at the local Slitherine, Matrix and Matrix Forum sites, as although the Unified Login controls the other logins, the sites are all still separate from each other so need different cookies between sites. However further integration will happen over time, and with luck we will have the Unified Login persist across all the various sites and databases.

Regarding the password, again, which site is this on? The Unified Login is the sole password, username and email address you need across all the sites, so once the password has been set there it should work across the board and not need resetting. The Password can only be alphanumeric, so there should be no spaces or other special characters, but if you are still having problems, can you contact us at support@matrixgames.com, and we'll endeavour to help.

Not really sure but this is the address: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/loginflat.asp

The link is "login" at the forums page. I believe (but not sure since there were separate logins for each in the past) that it is the same if one clicks on "members" then tries to login. I couldn't replicate this completely because I'm already logged in ("remember me" cookie). I didn't go into detail so here's the story: I got the password reset. The page that informed me of my new password being accepted had a link something like, "login here" (no place to type in username/password). It took me to the forums page where I again clicked on "login", typed in the info, and was logged in. It worked but the "login here" prompt makes one (at least me) think that since the page has my username and password, that hitting the link would log me in. It may just need some new scripting that is less confusing.

Oh, and I do apologize for being so testy. I just never experienced a three-day delay after ticket help had started before and, from this end, without knowing the story, it just appeared very wrong.

(in reply to JosephM)
Post #: 25
Steam Connectivity - 11/28/2017 7:04:57 AM   
Melrik

Moved to new topic

< Message edited by Melrik -- 11/28/2017 11:31:05 PM >

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 26
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 4/13/2019 1:48:27 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: schascha

quote:

ORIGINAL: cohimbra

quote:

+1

+2

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to schascha)
Post #: 27
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/18/2019 12:04:55 PM   
nikolas93TS

When you open a game product page, there is a typo in game specs. It says Diffculty, instead of Difficulty.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 28
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 9/18/2019 12:33:11 PM   
nikolas93TS

Also, AI: Present. Maybe Available sounds better?

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 29
RE: Site & Forum Feedback - 10/22/2019 5:28:04 PM   
craigck

Well, I for one am tired of all the garbage games in the world. Matrix and Slitherine have some good releases, but it very hard to find something I would even like to buy and play.

I ask Matrix and Slitherine to press harder to insure Quality is being placed in computer programming. To demand more from the game developers. That sale to Matrix and Slitherine, and the games you intend to sell to us the consumer.

For myself, I request that Strategy games be designed better. I prefer Army/Country management with fine details. For example, army building and country/city building that have historical accuracy with some minor options that may vary with user options. Much more entertaining conquest of world domination and battle sequences. Highly detailed country management with the economy , infrastructure , defenses , etc. Armies that gain experience and have a history during the games progression allowing veteran units more power. Most of all Game mechanics that are very smooth, operational, entertaining, and user friendly.

I was told by some other game developers that they would not even consider changing the FOW (Fog of War) to optional. If programmers think like this with no right for the buyer then they should try a new profession! This should not be the case! First the consumer owns the game they buy, not the programmer, and the consumer needs to be able to enjoy their purchase.I have been contacting many companies in gaming. I will try to be more vigilant in sending feedback out and get some results that I believe others and I want.

Please for the love of Strategy Gaming, Get with all of the Game Developers and ask they put quality into their work. Because, I will not buy bad releases usually.

Sincerely, A Concerned Strategy Gamer

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Site Feedback >> Site & Forum Feedback Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI