Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 10/17/2017 11:19:22 PM   
Texeiro

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch
I just checked 1.02 and it looks the same.

Ops, sorry my bad, I didn t remember that. I seems odd to me that allied player can have insta recce of enemy troops.
Btw the patch works flwalesly! Thanks for your efforts to all involved. The development would continue? I could help with graphic design if needed.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 31
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 10/18/2017 1:19:07 AM   
warshipbuilder

Development continues. Looking at some of the bigger problems to see what can be done about them.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 32
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 10/18/2017 2:41:26 PM   
joey

Thank you all! I am impressed! j

(in reply to warshipbuilder)
Post #: 33
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 10/24/2017 8:57:55 PM   
cohimbra

Minor thing here. GC '43, Allied side, go to 'List Air Unit' and sort by fighter. Than select Spitfire LF.VB and search for 412 Sqd RCAF, he's attached to...Funtington. Don't know if it's here in 1.02 patch too.

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 34
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 10/24/2017 11:28:18 PM   
warshipbuilder

Good catch cohimbra. Here is the fix

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/shYD1sO4/file.html

But you will probably have to start a new game.

Thanks again for spotting that.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 35
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 11/22/2017 2:32:49 PM   
pulsars

hello
maybe someone can ask to my problem... thanks in advance !

I purchased the game bombing the reich ; i downloaded it and installed it, with no problem.
The game is working well, but the version is 1.00 , with windows 10

----->So I tried to make an update via the main menu window, but i have had an error ! a problem with my firewall?
the log.txt said "An error occurred when trying to download the server file. Server ID: TrueUpdate Server 1 : An error occurred when trying to open the FTP file. (3618)"
Then i disabbled the firewall, restarted computer, the log.txt said " error, Server Returned Extended Information: 200 Type set to I
500 Illegal PORT command
500 LPRT not understood
"

-----> So, do you think i might directly update with the lastest beta patch 0.908e ? i will suppose that i have just to enter my serial key ?

thanks for your advise for the two points...
pulsars

< Message edited by pulsars -- 11/22/2017 2:38:48 PM >

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 36
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 11/22/2017 5:56:34 PM   
warshipbuilder

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh install. The patch contains the newest exe and data files created by my team so I don't think there is a need to install the 1.02 patch first. But I may be wrong on that count. Like I said what have you got to lose? If you don't wish to try that, send zakblood a PM. He is very good at resolving this kind of thing.

You should not have to put in your serial, it should automatically be recognized by the patch.

Good luck.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to pulsars)
Post #: 37
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 11/23/2017 7:47:22 AM   
pulsars

quote:

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh installion

Hello many thanks , firstly i made a direct internet connexion on my box, and it worked..... Now the version is 1.02...... this tip can be useful ....
Secondly i am happy to test as soon as possible the bęta version of the patch.... btw : the rule 1.00 ...> 1.02....> 0.908e will be respected as well.
and to eventually report my impression .... i own the two original games from Talonsoft since beginning .

Thanks again for your help
Pulsars

< Message edited by pulsars -- 11/23/2017 8:00:18 AM >

Post #: 38
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 11/29/2017 11:33:39 PM   
harley

quote:

Why not give it a try? At this point you have nothing to lose except maybe having to go back and do a fresh install. The patch contains the newest exe and data files created by my team so I don't think there is a need to install the 1.02 patch first. But I may be wrong on that count. Like I said what have you got to lose? If you don't wish to try that, send zakblood a PM. He is very good at resolving this kind of thing.

You should not have to put in your serial, it should automatically be recognized by the patch.

Good luck.

iirc there were small art changes in either 1.01 or 1.02 (or both!) that would require incremental updates for new installs. The only way around this would be if when you submit your next update to Matrix for packaging you do a diff comparison on the gold files vs what you finish with, then include everything added and changed. It's probably something worth doing tbh. Worst case is one of the 1.01/02 art files is missing or has less objects than it should which causes a CTD.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

Post #: 39
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 11/30/2017 12:34:38 AM   
warshipbuilder

Glad to see you are still keeping an eye on things.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 40
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 12/19/2017 10:43:30 AM   
K 19

Warshipbuilder, it would be great if you could make message level 2 ignore recon messages if possible. Those really make the map screen jump around a lot. Plus, please seriously consider adding a button to lock/unlock the map so the player can focus on one part of the map without the game messages making it jump to another area. This is possible, because I played with an .exe game hack that did just that. Worked wonderfully.

An adjustable message delay option would also be great.

Also, would it be possible to make automatic plotting of bombing missions not fly directly over enemy cities and AA emplacements on the way to and from the main target? Or at least add the option, because a lot of unnecessary lost and damaged bombers are the result. It really is a pain in the ass to go through and manually reroute each plotted mission every game day.

Keep up the great work.

< Message edited by K 19 -- 12/19/2017 11:00:31 AM >

Post #: 41
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 12/19/2017 5:14:18 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: K 19

Warshipbuilder, it would be great if you could make message level 2 ignore recon messages if possible. Those really make the map screen jump around a lot. Plus, please seriously consider adding a button to lock/unlock the map so the player can focus on one part of the map without the game messages making it jump to another area. This is possible, because I played with an .exe game hack that did just that. Worked wonderfully.

An adjustable message delay option would also be great.

Also, would it be possible to make automatic plotting of bombing missions not fly directly over enemy cities and AA emplacements on the way to and from the main target? Or at least add the option, because a lot of unnecessary lost and damaged bombers are the result. It really is a pain in the ass to go through and manually reroute each plotted mission every game day.

Keep up the great work.

We are trying to impliment the button to stop the screen from jumping around. That was one of my favorite fixes from AE's mod. Ignoring recon should be possible as well, but the rest of your requests may require programming resources that may be first better spent elsewhere.

simovitch

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 42
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 12/20/2017 2:17:57 AM   
warshipbuilder

quote:

You have that already. It's called let the AI do your work for you. Ok seriously, it's really called the fog of war, or recon, recon and recon some more. There was no way the WA knew where every pop gun was in Axis controlled territory. Plus they got moved around, just like they can do in the game. So you can either completely recon your ingress and egress routes, that would be a waste of assets or you can make notes as you watch your missions get shot at. That way you will learn to avoid some hot spots that you were not expecting.
Alternatively somewhere on the board here I u/l'd a spreadsheet showing where EVERYTHING is on turn one of Camp 43. That will save you some early pain.

warshipbuilder

(in reply to K 19)
Post #: 43
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 12/21/2017 4:41:06 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

Good catch cohimbra. Here is the fix

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/shYD1sO4/file.html

But you will probably have to start a new game.

Thanks again for spotting that.

Thanks for this, next days can playing BtR and will try it.

Post #: 44
RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e - 1/15/2018 4:38:53 PM   
Stele

Reinstalling the game. Thanks for this update.

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Public Beta 0.908e Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI