Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Editor crashes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor crashes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Editor crashes - 12/5/2017 7:23:17 AM   
JapLance

When in deployment mode, I was very happy to see that you could now change certain parameters of a unit from the Unit report. No need to go to Forces to change the unit name, the icon and its colour etc.

But the editor crashes when trying to change some of them. No warning, no messages about what went wrong. Simply a crash to desktop.

So far I've had it when changing the icon type, the icon colour and the unit size. The rest of options seem to work fine.

EDIT: forgot to say, I'm using the release version 4.0.0.11, not the beta patch. I'm not very fond of the Beta stuff

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JapLance -- 12/5/2017 4:24:15 PM >

Greetings from Spain.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Editor crashes - 12/5/2017 11:36:50 AM   
Lobster

I'm just guessing here but...

I do believe Bob and/or Ralph are dragging the scenario editor into the 21st century but it has to be done in bits and pieces. You can see what he's doing but it is a work in progress so is not yet fully functional. Until it is you are better served using the legacy Force Editor. Once the new system is declared finished then by all means use it. This is merely speculation on my part of course.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to JapLance)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Editor crashes - 12/10/2017 8:43:01 PM   
secadegas

quote:

ORIGINAL: JapLance

When in deployment mode, I was very happy to see that you could now change certain parameters of a unit from the Unit report. No need to go to Forces to change the unit name, the icon and its colour etc.

But the editor crashes when trying to change some of them. No warning, no messages about what went wrong. Simply a crash to desktop.

So far I've had it when changing the icon type, the icon colour and the unit size. The rest of options seem to work fine.

EDIT: forgot to say, I'm using the release version 4.0.0.11, not the beta patch. I'm not very fond of the Beta stuff

Same happens to me also and i'm on latest patch (4.0.1.22)

(in reply to JapLance)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Scenario Editor crashes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI