Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using LUA to apply an SBR Script/Using LUA to add Datalinks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Using LUA to apply an SBR Script/Using LUA to add Datalinks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using LUA to apply an SBR Script/Using LUA to add Datal... - 12/10/2017 4:32:44 AM   
PaulTheWolf

Hello Command Forums!

Longtime reader, first time poster. I've got about ~2000 hours combined over various versions of the game, and most issues I've been able to work around or have answered by a thread on this forum. However this one has stumped me. I've checked the LUA Documentation Site, manuals, various patchnotes, everywhere I can think, but thus far no joy.

What I'm looking to do is use LUA to apply an SBR script as part of a Special Action. I'm designing a scenario with a sort of 'army build/points buy' system, allowing the player to build a force based on choices in the Special Action menu, to add replayability and possibly a persistent force for a campaign.

So the way I have it set up right now is the Special Action triggers a simple inst import lua script. The inst import only brings over the base unit, no modifications that have been applied to it. I worked around this previously by simply manually modifying each unit's loadout as needed with individual lua scripts. Tedious, but functional. Now I want to add datalinks (Torpedo Wire Guidance for a class that lacks it.) which I have as of yet discovered a lua script to add, and alter their loadout to carry a load of wire guided torps. That last part I can do with lua, but as I mentioned earlier, it's tedious, and would be handled by an SBR Import at the same time as a Datalink, saving me a lot of time.

So I guess in summary, is there a method to apply a SBR with lua, and if so what is it? And failing that, is there a manner of adding a Datalink to a unit with Lua?

Thanks so much for all your help and sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this question.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Using LUA to apply an SBR Script/Using LUA to add Datalinks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI