Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) - 12/13/2017 6:38:45 PM   
Beruldsen

In this scenario ... playing as the Axis against the PO ... the documentation indicates that if one of 7 locations are reached on or before turn 8 the Allied shock value falls to 90 for 15 turns. Achieving this is indicated by a News message "Allies are shocked by speed of German Advance".

Anyway in several attempts (at least 4 starts with this scenario) I've reached (and held) 3-4 of the locations on and before turn 8 and in only 1 case did the message appear and the resulting shock value adjustment.

Is this shock value adjustment random or am I failing to do something properly?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) - 12/13/2017 8:30:57 PM   
sPzAbt653

Hi - They are not random, so that is not an issue. I have played the heck out of this from both sides and have never noticed it not working. When I get time I can run some tests to verify they are working or not. That's all I can offer

[They aren't actually triggered by occupying the location, but by destroying the black colored 'Shock Line' units that occupy them. This prevents ownership rules from interfering, but does leave open the chance of occupying the hex without actually destroying the unit if it retreats. I have done that myself but it is rare, and I wouldn't imagine that is the case for all of the occurrences that you have experienced].

(in reply to Beruldsen)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) - 12/13/2017 8:43:54 PM   
Beruldsen

Interesting. I can usually take Sedan on Turn 4 or 5 because it is vacant. Dinant is usually my next target and it has always been occupied this usually falls around turn 6. Givet is next around turn 7 and Montherme and Revin around turn 8. They has always been occupied. Will the message appear at the turn it occurs or does it wait until turn 8? BTW I selected PO historical and elect the alternative start for the Axis.

You mentioned Black colored Shock Line units ... now that I think about it ... I only recall seeing one...

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) - 12/14/2017 12:27:27 AM   
Beruldsen

Upon further analysis and another attempt the key is really destroying the black garrison unit. The problem ... when attacked they often retreat. I was lucky because I was able to back the unit up to a river and it had no place to go. It seems like it would be easier if the shock trigger was simply capturing one of the towns. The documentation makes no reference to the Black/Shock Garrison unit.

(in reply to Beruldsen)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) - 12/14/2017 1:05:37 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Will the message appear at the turn it occurs or does it wait until turn 8?

The turn after it happens, because the events cycle during the beginning of turn phase. It doesn't wait until turn 8.

quote:

Upon further analysis ...

Thanks, now I don't have to test it But hearing that they 'often' retreat bothers me, because that isn't what I've seen to be typical. There was good reason to design this into the scenario, but you seem like a level headed individual and if you continue to see this as an issue, I will consider changing it.

Thanks.

(in reply to Beruldsen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario - Nach Frankreich(t) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI