Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bombing a bridge question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Bombing a bridge question Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/13/2017 9:08:12 PM   
mikeCK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikeCK

I understand all of the factors that may go into calculating whether a bridge gets destroyed. My concern is that the computer is telling me I have a 100% chance of destroying the bridge. Yet 4 tries failed to bring it down. I did destroy the other bridges that had <75% chance.

The estimate assumes the planes will actually reach the target. Yet, in your example, there was strong enemy interception of them - with many shot down.

Ok, assuming that is what happened ( and I have no reason to think that is NOT what happened), How do I overcome that? Do I set more planes for “air superiority.” I can’t order the planes to fly a certain route so I’m not sure what to do

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 31
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/13/2017 11:18:35 PM   
Meyer1

Yes if you set air units for "air superiority", and if in range and passing a cooperative check, they would protect your bombers.

(in reply to mikeCK)
Post #: 32
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/14/2017 8:45:14 AM   
gerardo

This is an interesting topic. The problem i see is that all this factors are not clearly explained in that '100%' chance which is misleading

< Message edited by gerardo -- 12/14/2017 12:53:08 PM >

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 33
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/14/2017 12:09:16 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: gerardo

This is an interesting topic. The problem i see is that all this factors are not clearly explained in that '100%' chance wich is misleading

Well, it's the percentage (estimate really) of how my planes of the given unit (keeping the unit's readiness level in mind as well...) are going to reach the target. If you have a look at the log files and some examples in Tutorial '44, you'll get a fair idea of it. Sturmovik/Stukas are more likely to hit the bridges; the latter have enhanced targeting etc.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to gerardo)
Post #: 34
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/14/2017 12:52:07 PM   
gerardo

100% chance of destroying the bridge is quite different from the the percentage of how my planes ' are going to reach the target'.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 35
RE: Bombing a bridge question - 12/14/2017 1:12:41 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: gerardo

100% chance of destroying the bridge is quite different from the the percentage of how my planes ' are going to reach the target'.

quote:

The estimate assumes the planes will actually reach the target. Yet, in your example, there was strong enemy interception of them - with many shot down.

Just referring to Bob's post earlier - Quote: 'The estimate assumes the planes will actually reach the target. Yet, in your example, there was strong enemy interception of them - with many shot down.'.

Again, check it out and toy around with the various units in Tutorial '44 at your hearts delight.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to gerardo)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Bombing a bridge question Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI